Kamala Harris Former Prosecutor v Convicted Criminal Energizing the Presidential Race

Social Media

Just now, TedG said:

It's a mental illness. 

I wouldn't go that far, but IMO it is an obsession or an addiction. Probably an addiction as they keep posting about him on threads that are nothing to do with him.

It's like they have to keep writing Trump as often as possible, rather like OCD.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Troll posts and posts commenting on moderation have been removed:

Respectful engagement is key. Posts with derogatory nicknames, intentional misspellings or personal remarks will be removed. Spell names correctly for all sides of the debate. 

28 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Oh finally! Someone on the Right says something that actually points to an evidentiary position. You don't like debt or the "debt bomb" referring to the total government debt. Shall we examine where that came from then? Fortunately, very accurate information is available such as in this link:

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/americas-finance-guide/national-debt/

Let's examine those trends:

1980 to 1993 there's the first big spike in the debt - that would be the period of Ronald Reagan and Bush I.

1993 to 2000 the debt is tamed briefly - that would be the presidency of Bill Clinton.
2001 to 2008 the economy crashes under the stewardship of Bush II as exemplified by the colossal security failure that led to the twin towers crashing down and the world financial crisis of 2008

2009 to 2016 the economy recovers under the stewardship of Obama 

2017 to 2020 the debt spikes sharply from the irresponsible tax cuts for the Rich under Trump

2021 to 2024 the debt levels off as responsible governance from the Biden administration again tames the inflation and damage to the economy caused by the irresponsible tax cuts

Basically the debt spikes every single time a Republican takes over the White House. This is due to their attachment to tax cuts for their rich benefactors. While I have taken delight in showing how the GOP cannot attract any significant artists, authors or other talented people to their side, there is ONE group whom they've been remarkably effective in attracting - that would be Billionaires. They support the Republicans far more than Democrats. Why is that? Well, they own them for one, that is how Warren Buffett now pays less in taxes than his secretary and the people who pick up the garbage from his modest house in Omaha, Nebraska. That's why HE and other responsible billionaires are calling for tax INCREASES on the exorbitantly wealthy. Why don't the others take their billions and solve world hunger or do other good things rather than try to take over democracy through manipulation of the political systems and courts?

Take it easy on those trumpers the truth and facts tend to make them a bit crazy!thanks for laying it out so clearly!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, JCauto said:

Okay, link please. You need to substantiate your wild claims with evidence. Thanks!

What claim are you disputing?  The cumulative rate of inflation? Or the debt bomb? 

These are topic that you already now about. 

6 hours ago, Tug said:

Take it easy on those trumpers the truth and facts tend to make them a bit crazy!thanks for laying it out so clearly!

Do you people don't think that growing debt is a problem?   

2 minutes ago, TedG said:

What claim are you disputing?  The cumulative rate of inflation? Or the debt bomb? 

These are topic that you already now about. 

You claimed that inflation under the Biden Presidency was 20.7%. What is your source?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JCauto said:

This is why I had to jump on that - they avoid facts like they're a virus! This is why practically every response to my posts have no specificity and no direct answers to either the factual content or the rebuttals I write to their original posts. Once the facts are pointed out that completely debunk their points, they simply add a new point that has no relationship to the previous one and the cycle continues. 

But I'm here for it and will always be. The wheels of justice grind exceedingly slowly but very fine. Watching the fascist train derail in slow motion is a sight to behold!

I'm going to have fun beating you down on this topic while wiping the smugness off your face.   

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, JCauto said:

Oh finally! Someone on the Right says something that actually points to an evidentiary position. You don't like debt or the "debt bomb" referring to the total government debt. Shall we examine where that came from then? Fortunately, very accurate information is available such as in this link:

https://fiscaldata.treasury.gov/americas-finance-guide/national-debt/

Let's examine those trends:

1980 to 1993 there's the first big spike in the debt - that would be the period of Ronald Reagan and Bush I.

1993 to 2000 the debt is tamed briefly - that would be the presidency of Bill Clinton.
2001 to 2008 the economy crashes under the stewardship of Bush II as exemplified by the colossal security failure that led to the twin towers crashing down and the world financial crisis of 2008

2009 to 2016 the economy recovers under the stewardship of Obama 

2017 to 2020 the debt spikes sharply from the irresponsible tax cuts for the Rich under Trump

2021 to 2024 the debt levels off as responsible governance from the Biden administration again tames the inflation and damage to the economy caused by the irresponsible tax cuts

Basically the debt spikes every single time a Republican takes over the White House. This is due to their attachment to tax cuts for their rich benefactors. While I have taken delight in showing how the GOP cannot attract any significant artists, authors or other talented people to their side, there is ONE group whom they've been remarkably effective in attracting - that would be Billionaires. They support the Republicans far more than Democrats. Why is that? Well, they own them for one, that is how Warren Buffett now pays less in taxes than his secretary and the people who pick up the garbage from his modest house in Omaha, Nebraska. That's why HE and other responsible billionaires are calling for tax INCREASES on the exorbitantly wealthy. Why don't the others take their billions and solve world hunger or do other good things rather than try to take over democracy through manipulation of the political systems and courts?

The US has a spending problem. In 2022, the US had near-record revenue as a percentage of the GDP (19%), yet spending was 23% of the GDP. The 2022 deficit was  1.4 trillion, or 5.3% of the GDP.   The 2023 deficit was 6.35 of the GDP, with spending at 22% of the GDP.   The projected deficit for FY 2024 is between 1.7 and 1.9 trillion.   The cost to service the debt in 2023 was 1 trillion dollars, with federal spending at 6.13 trillion. This means that 16% of the federal budget is dedicated to servicing the debt. As of June 2024, over 800 billion has been spent to service the debt.   The debt is growing faster than the growth of the GDP. 

The Democrats built a government that the US can't afford.  The US has never collected revenue over 20% of the GDP, yet the Dems have built a government that is spending over 20% of the GDP. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, JCauto said:

You claimed that inflation under the Biden Presidency was 20.7%. What is your source?

The BLS CPI-W table.  Do you want me to teach you how to do the math? 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

5 minutes ago, TedG said:

The US has a spending problem. In 2022, the US had near-record revenue as a percentage of the GDP (19%), yet spending was 23% of the GDP. The 2022 deficit was  1.4 trillion, or 5.3% of the GDP.   The 2023 deficit was 6.35 of the GDP, with spending at 22% of the GDP.   The projected deficit for FY 2024 is between 1.7 and 1.9 trillion.   The cost to service the debt in 2023 was 1 trillion dollars, with federal spending at 6.13 trillion. This means that 16% of the federal budget is dedicated to servicing the debt. As of June 2024, over 800 billion has been spent to service the debt.   The debt is growing faster than the growth of the GDP. 

The Democrats built a government that the US can't afford.  The US has never collected revenue over 20% of the GDP, yet the Dems have built a government that is spending over 20% of the GDP. 

I agree with you that they have a spending problem, but you conveniently have avoided the data I presented about the debt and its growth. Trump added $8 Trillion dollars to the debt with his policies including his ridiculously regressive tax cuts that of course expired for the middle class but remain permanent for the wealthy. The Republicans have consistently opposed funding for the IRS so that they can pursue the rich tax cheats who owe billions of dollars to the government. Increased enforcement finally pushed through by the Biden administration against GOP opposition has already added over a billion to the coffers with much more to come. Hopefully they'll pursue those who cheated massively on the COVID-19 relief funds which were disproportionately stolen by business people scamming the system.

I presented a compelling case that the national debt increases more under Republican rather than Democratic presidencies. Why have you offered no rebuttal other than, bizarrely, to blame the Democrats?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JCauto said:

I agree with you that they have a spending problem, but you conveniently have avoided the data I presented about the debt and its growth. Trump added $8 Trillion dollars to the debt with his policies including his ridiculously regressive tax cuts that of course expired for the middle class but remain permanent for the wealthy. The Republicans have consistently opposed funding for the IRS so that they can pursue the rich tax cheats who owe billions of dollars to the government. Increased enforcement finally pushed through by the Biden administration against GOP opposition has already added over a billion to the coffers with much more to come. Hopefully they'll pursue those who cheated massively on the COVID-19 relief funds which were disproportionately stolen by business people scamming the system.

You are miss stating the truth.  One of the drivers for the debt under Trump was the COVID spending.  

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, JCauto said:

IThe Republicans have consistently opposed funding for the IRS so that they can pursue the rich tax cheats who owe billions of dollars to the government. Increased enforcement finally pushed through by the Biden administration against GOP opposition has already added over a billion to the coffers with much more to come. 

https://reason.com/2022/10/03/throwing-money-at-the-irs-wont-fix-its-problems/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JCauto said:

Speaking of evasion, you have once again failed to address any of my claims (all of which you know to be true) and have yet to provide any rebuttal to my point - Republicans are primarily responsible for the debt and it has grown fastest under their administrations as is plainly seen in the data I presented. 

As to this minor quibble, every administration has to deal with whatever occurs worldwide under their watch. Obama had to deal with the 2008 financial crisis. Biden had to deal with Russian and Iranian geopolitical aggression. It's part of the job. It's not just under DJT that the debt increases substantially more, it's under every Republican administration as I pointed out. What's the common feature of those administrations? Disproportionate and regressive tax cuts that benefit the wealthy primarily and significantly reduce revenues over the long term. Started with Ronald Reagan in 1980 as I noted. What's your response? 

Debt is a spending problem.  Look at the debt under Joe Biden. 

2 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Speaking of evasion, you have once again failed to address any of my claims (all of which you know to be true) and have yet to provide any rebuttal to my point - Republicans are primarily responsible for the debt and it has grown fastest under their administrations as is plainly seen in the data I presented. 

As to this minor quibble, every administration has to deal with whatever occurs worldwide under their watch. Obama had to deal with the 2008 financial crisis. Biden had to deal with Russian and Iranian geopolitical aggression. It's part of the job. It's not just under DJT that the debt increases substantially more, it's under every Republican administration as I pointed out. What's the common feature of those administrations? Disproportionate and regressive tax cuts that benefit the wealthy primarily and significantly reduce revenues over the long term. Started with Ronald Reagan in 1980 as I noted. What's your response? 

Were taxes raised under Biden? 

Just now, TedG said:

Debt is a spending problem.  Look at the debt under Joe Biden. 

Last chance as I won't respond to you any longer since you continue to avoid answering the question.

You said, first and foremost to start this discussion, that debt, specifically the debt bomb was the big problem with the US economy. I responded by showing the US government debt over the course of the 20th Century and it proves that debt rises significantly during certain administrations, however this only occurs during Republican administrations. I asked you in response "Why does the US debt always increase more during Republican administrations?" as is shown by the data. You have failed to answer this question. So, answer the question and wipe the smug smile off of my face.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JCauto said:

Last chance as I won't respond to you any longer since you continue to avoid answering the question.

You said, first and foremost to start this discussion, that debt, specifically the debt bomb was the big problem with the US economy. I responded by showing the US government debt over the course of the 20th Century and it proves that debt rises significantly during certain administrations, however this only occurs during Republican administrations. I asked you in response "Why does the US debt always increase more during Republican administrations?" as is shown by the data. You have failed to answer this question. So, answer the question and wipe the smug smile off of my face.

I accept your surrender. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JCauto said:

The Speaker of the House who presided over the largest increase in the national debt is Nancy Pelosi. During her tenure as Speaker, the federal debt increased by approximately $9.6 trillion. This significant rise in debt occurred over her two terms as Speaker: first from January 2007 to January 2011, and then from January 2019 to January 2023 [oai_citation:1,In 2,000 Days as Speaker, Pelosi Has Increased Debt a Record $9.6 Trillion](https://townhall.com/columnists/terryjeffrey/2020/06/24/in-2000-days-as-speaker-pelosi-has-increased-debt-a-record-96-trillion-n2571203) [oai_citation:2,PolitiFact | Fact-checking new House Speaker Mike Johnson on the federal debt](https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2023/oct/26/mike-johnson/fact-checking-new-house-speaker-mike-johnson-on-th/).

Under Pelosi's leadership, the debt increased at an average rate of approximately $4.8 billion per day. Her tenure saw a combination of increased spending due to the Great Recession and the COVID-19 pandemic, contributing to this substantial rise in the national debt [oai_citation:3,In 2,000 Days as Speaker, Pelosi Has Increased Debt a Record $9.6 Trillion](https://townhall.com/columnists/terryjeffrey/2020/06/24/in-2000-days-as-speaker-pelosi-has-increased-debt-a-record-96-trillion-n2571203).

5 hours ago, TedG said:

The Speaker of the House who presided over the largest increase in the national debt is Nancy Pelosi. During her tenure as Speaker, the federal debt increased by approximately $9.6 trillion. This significant rise in debt occurred over her two terms as Speaker: first from January 2007 to January 2011, and then from January 2019 to January 2023 [oai_citation:1,In 2,000 Days as Speaker, Pelosi Has Increased Debt a Record $9.6 Trillion](https://townhall.com/columnists/terryjeffrey/2020/06/24/in-2000-days-as-speaker-pelosi-has-increased-debt-a-record-96-trillion-n2571203) [oai_citation:2,PolitiFact | Fact-checking new House Speaker Mike Johnson on the federal debt](https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2023/oct/26/mike-johnson/fact-checking-new-house-speaker-mike-johnson-on-th/).

Under Pelosi's leadership, the debt increased at an average rate of approximately $4.8 billion per day. Her tenure saw a combination of increased spending due to the Great Recession and the COVID-19 pandemic, contributing to this substantial rise in the national debt [oai_citation:3,In 2,000 Days as Speaker, Pelosi Has Increased Debt a Record $9.6 Trillion](https://townhall.com/columnists/terryjeffrey/2020/06/24/in-2000-days-as-speaker-pelosi-has-increased-debt-a-record-96-trillion-n2571203).

So what's Trump program to reduce debt? Tax cuts?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JCauto said:

You said previously that from 2021-2024 the debt levelled off. That is incorrect as shown by the link below:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?id=GFDEBTN,

Now, from Q1 '21 TO Q1 '24 the debt has risen by a further 6.4T, with only H2 '21 significantly affected by Covid,

Most of Trump's extraordinary extra debt total (4T) was accrued in 2020 due to the Covid outbreak.

The debt certainly has not "levelled off" under Biden - it has taken off again and is now up by 1T per quarter. Insane.

11 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You said previously that from 2021-2024 the debt levelled off. That is incorrect as shown by the link below:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?id=GFDEBTN,

Now, from Q1 '21 TO Q1 '24 the debt has risen by a further 6.4T, with only H2 '21 significantly affected by Covid,

Most of Trump's extraordinary extra debt total (4T) was accrued in 2020 due to the Covid outbreak.

The debt certainly has not "levelled off" under Biden - it has taken off again and is now up by 1T per quarter. Insane.

Lol. Fiscal years end at the end of september, I thought you new that! So Q1-Q3 2021 are on Trump. 😀

Then, in which textbook or economic report is it written that the impact of an economic crisis must end after H2 2021?

• Like 1