Second Chinese-Language Billboard Ad Emerges In Thailand

2 hours ago, webfact said:

another large Chinese-language billboard has emerged

The new advertisement extends job opportunities in Thailand to workers from Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam.

These workers from Myanmar, etc, can read Chinese language? "Join our call center gangs!"

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

Thailand should expect more ads posted in Chinese here since they have opened their borders and allow anyone in without visa. Similarly, I expect soon we will see Russians trying to do the same. Thailands opening of borders without Visas is opening a can of worms they will not like. 

Pearl clutching 

• Haha 1

Sigh 

The China Chinese seems to be exporting everything.. from cheap EVs, to property inflation , and now exporting corruption to these countries to fast track passports 🤣🤣 .. that is - assuming if the issuing passports are real 🤣🤣

39 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

While the billboards may be a recent development there are plenty of shops that have been around for years that only have Chinese signage on them. Plenty of Chinese temples that have been around for years as well. Not to mention the Chinese new year celebrations.

Not to mention mass Chinese Cemeteries been about for years, including one in Kanchanaburi next to the WW2 cemetery!!!!

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Thailand should expect more ads posted in Chinese here since they have opened their borders and allow anyone in without visa. Similarly, I expect soon we will see Russians trying to do the same. Thailands opening of borders without Visas is opening a can of worms they will not like. 

There were/are places in Thailand where the political signs put up prior to elections are only in Chinese. It might not be the case now, but I've seen it while riding along border roads up north...

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Chinese  They expect people to understand when they shout in Mandarin.  

Wife and I went for Aroma massgae the other day at our favorite shop .... ..  midway thru a chinese woman was in the shop..  yapping at 110db ..  I finally had enough and after telling the massuese to  "watch this" ..  I banged on the cubicle wall a few times and said be quiet....rather loudly. ( it worked and shut the woman up. )

when we finished  the owner  a nice older woman came and personally appologized for the intrusion.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, NemoH said:

Sigh 

The China Chinese seems to be exporting everything.. from cheap EVs, to property inflation , and now exporting corruption to these countries to fast track passports 🤣🤣 .. that is - assuming if the issuing passports are real 🤣🤣

I read/heard another report that the 3 months they advertised was the Processing time, not when you actually get the passports.  

2 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Already started to learn the Chinese language, you never know and it is nice if I can answer the official at the immigration office in his language to answer the questions.

Longest 6 weeks of my life. 1986, University of Shanghai. No English was to be spoken to us after the orientation. Talk about motivation ... bathroom? Ask in Mandarin or tie it in a knot ... When I returned to the US, ethnic Chinese-American friends said I spoke with a Shiang hai accent! Wow! Now ... it is gone (you don't use it, you lose it). Reduced to greeting, asking how you are and goodbye.

• Like 1

Simple..just regulate , registration and approval needed for Billboard....billboard maker and Ad. Company ..must register for submittion 1 months earlier as needed approval by certain relevant Authority...This will cut off all craps...Anyone caught illegally will be prosecuted, fine and Jail....All Simple... let's see what happen than ...just get parliament approved...the boll