Diet experiment

4 hours ago, susanlea said:

What are your main sources of protein?

protein rich food give you a better mental health as well and better brain health. Talking clean sources of course. 

Edited by Hummin

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

that is outdated, you do not need to burn carbs before fat, you need to go low intensity cardio and use your

Not correct. Body burns carbs first as glycogen is stored in the muscles then burns fat second. You never burn fat until glycogen stores are low.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, susanlea said:

Not correct. Body burns carbs first as glycogen is stored in the muscles then burns fat second. You never burn fat until glycogen stores are low.

you need an update

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

that is outdated, you do not need to burn carbs before fat, you need to go low intensity cardio and use your muscles regulary as we where supposed to do since we where borned. 

Effective fat burning where the body needs oxygen, because breathing is part of fat loss exercising at a lower intensity actually means that more oxygen is available to be used by the body to break down fat and use it as energy. 

As a freediver I learned how to breathe, and I can tell you, it helped getting more shredded adding that breathing to my other exercises, getting in as much oxygen as possible. 

5 Really Good Reasons to Do More Low-Intensity Cardio

https://www.livestrong.com/article/557788-the-effects-of-low-intensity-cardio/

No such thing as outdated as far as weight control is concerned. I had less than 5% body fat from age 18 to 62, relying on keeping carbs low with enough protein to repair and maintain and fat for health and carrying fat soluble vitamins. I never did any cardio besides a few years of Tae Kwando. It's mostly about diet, keeping your (natural) sugar intake low so you can burn any stored body fat. This especially is important if you are heavy. I trained thousands of people giving them my diet advice and all of them lost body fat and gained muscle. Using your muscles regularly is of course a way to keep fit and lower your body fat. the more muscle you carry, the more you burn.

6 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Post a link to prove your claim. 

I was looking, but search for low intensity exercise fat burning. You have to remember there is and will be controverses, but for average joe and above 50, low intensity is the way to go. 

https://www.gssiweb.org/sports-science-exchange/article/regulation-of-fat-metabolism-during-exercise

https://centerforinquiry.org/blog/what-science-says-about-the-fat-burning-zone/

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

No such thing as outdated as far as weight control is concerned. I had less than 5% body fat from age 18 to 62, relying on keeping carbs low with enough protein to repair and maintain and fat for health and carrying fat soluble vitamins. I never did any cardio besides a few years of Tae Kwando. It's mostly about diet, keeping your (natural) sugar intake low so you can burn any stored body fat. This especially is important if you are heavy. I trained thousands of people giving them my diet advice and all of them lost body fat and gained muscle. Using your muscles regularly is of course a way to keep fit and lower your body fat. the more muscle you carry, the more you burn.

Well the thing is, everything will work if you are consistent enough? Rigth? 

Genes, Motivation, trends, the people around you, all will have an effect on you, and what you believe, but still dicipline and some understanding is needed for those who already gained weight, if not a good coach. 

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I had less than 5% body fat from age 18 to 62,

I think you are telling a lot of porkies in your posts. Less than 5% body fat is unrealistic, very unhealthy and for sure not maintainable for 45 years.

In another post you claim to have over 40.000 CD's.

You either live in a dreamworld or are a professional troll.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

I was looking, but search for low intensity exercise fat burning. You have to remember there is and will be controverses, but for average joe and above 50, low intensity is the way to go. 

https://www.gssiweb.org/sports-science-exchange/article/regulation-of-fat-metabolism-during-exercise

https://centerforinquiry.org/blog/what-science-says-about-the-fat-burning-zone/

Low intensity exercise burns very few calories per hour though. About 300 calories only. 3 hours of walking around 900 calories. Thats a lot of daily walking to burn off fat.

Just now, CallumWK said:

I think you are telling a lot of porkies in your posts. Less than 5% body fat is unrealistic, very unhealthy and for sure not maintainable for 45 years.

In another post you claim to have over 40.000 CD's.

You either live in a dreamworld or are a professional troll.

And can back up everything I say with facts. Why troll at age 67? I worked out from age 17 until now, ate healthy all those years. A body fat of 5% isn't unhealthy. Mine went even lower at times, just like Rambo, although he did drugs to get there. Clarence Bass had a 2% fat percentage, Look up his book. All it takes is dedication and will power. My fat % is higher now because I haven't worked out this past year like I did earlier, and eating more rice. I can get it down again easily because that's my lifestyle. Ask susanlea about my cd's. I sent pictures.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

research and you will find, peanuts contain high fat which makes you fat along with too much protein which makes you fat

Fat and carbs are the only macronutrients that can contribute to weight gain.

Fat and carbs are fuel sources, and if unused, get stored as fat.

I just came across one interesting theory. The guy does not combine high amounts of fat AND carbs at the same meal, because one of them will be used for fuel and the other will get stored as fat.

You still need some fat and some carbs for optimal health. Or some people believe you don't need any carbs at all? 

If you don't have any fat in your diet, maybe your libido will go down? Your concentration will be poor as the brain needs fat. You need fats for various reasons. 

But you need to burn them off or they get stored as fat. 

But protein does not get converted into fat ever. 

Edited by save the frogs

11 hours ago, susanlea said:

Eggs, veges, fruit, yoghurt, milk. No meat, bread. Try 1 week see if i feel better or worse. I have never gone 1 day without meat before. Eggs have iron and b12 so maybe not lacking in nutrients? 

The body can be on a bad diet for months or even years before symptoms appear. 

So one week won't prove anything.

Meat has creatine, which is needed for muscle growth. Not sure if eggs have creatine. I don't think so.

You can supplement.

But not sure what else meat has that eggs don't.

I will not give up meat any time soon as it appears to be an essential food. 

I just eat what I like which is basically whatever I cook or bake. Don't like Thai food all that much plus the cardiologist told me to stay away from Thai food.

I do like to go out and eat very good food but for that I would have to travel to Pattaya or BKK. I do that maybe once every 3 years.

4 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

The body can be on a bad diet for months or even years before symptoms appear. 

So one week won't prove anything.

Meat has creatine, which is needed for muscle growth. Not sure if eggs have creatine. I don't think so.

You can supplement.

But not sure what else meat has that eggs don't.

I will not give up meat any time soon as it appears to be an essential food. 

Creatine can be produced by our liver. It’s synthesized from the amino acids (protein building blocks): arginine, glycine, and methionine.

https://fitbod.me/blog/natural-food-sources-creatine/

2 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Creatine can be produced by our liver. It’s synthesized from the amino acids (protein building blocks): arginine, glycine, and methionine.

https://fitbod.me/blog/natural-food-sources-creatine/

Did you read it carefully? I gotta teach you kids everything.

So, to make sure to get enough creatine in your diet, it’s recommended to aim for 1-2 grams per day of natural food sources, if you don’t take a supplement.

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

Did you read it carefully? I gotta teach you kids everything.

So, to make sure to get enough creatine in your diet, it’s recommended to aim for 1-2 grams per day of natural food sources, if you don’t take a supplement.

I dont plan on eliminating meat forever. Just cut right back. Been eating too much.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, novacova said:

Dairy products causes bad body odor 

I think I told you that I do not need to waste money on deodorants, as some of you might.

No cheese, no milk, no ice cream.

My only vice is chicken breast and chicken eggs.

35 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Low intensity exercise burns very few calories per hour though. About 300 calories only. 3 hours of walking around 900 calories. Thats a lot of daily walking to burn off fat.

additional to other exercises. I do 50 to 120minutes lifting included 8 - 15 min warm up 3-4 times a week, and also add 35 - 55 min cardio 4 -6 times a week. With a neutral calorie diet it is what it takes to keep fit and healthy. Some can do less, some can do more out of different reasons be it diet, or genetics

59 minutes ago, Hummin said:

that is outdated, you do not need to burn carbs before fat,

I don't think it's outdated.

Just watched one video. He claims fats and carbs compete for being used as fuel, so if you are high in both, one will get used as fuel and the other will get stored as fat.

Anyway, it depends on your activity levels. If you are very active, you don't need to give too much attention to macros. 

One guy probably eats 300 grams of carbs daily, but surfs 3 hours a day and lifts weights. Most people are not that active and would get fat on 300 grams of carbs a day.

2 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I don't think it's outdated.

Just watched one video. He claims fats and carbs compete for being used as fuel, so if you are high in both, one will get used as fuel and the other will get stored as fat.

Anyway, it depends on your activity levels. If you are very active, you don't need to give too much attention to macros. 

One guy probably eats 300 grams of carbs daily, but surfs 3 hours a day and lifts weights. Most people are not that active and would get fat on 300 grams of carbs a day.

300g carbs a day, is alot 😉

This is for my maintanence calorie at 97kg well built. My target is for now 88kg, and eat 2500 a day. 

Screenshot_20240605_164730_Chrome.jpg

21 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Just one, how many do you have?

I did put on weight recently because not too active.

So tweaking my diet.

Cutting back on high carb fruits like bananas.

Good for you if you never needed to tweak your diet. You must be an anomaly. 

2 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I did put on weight recently because not too active.

So tweaking my diet.

Cutting back on high carb fruits like bananas.

Good for you if you never needed to tweak your diet. You must be an anomaly. 

Well I can't be too active since I had 2 broken ankles just went for a blood test today nothing is wrong apart from diabetes 2 which I had for over 20 years