Advanced Satellite Testing Center Opened in Chonburi

webfact

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

That's a novelty.

This is a clean room - that handsome guy is me many years ago when I was a space flight hardware designer 🙂 After that career I became an ice-cream salesman...

alcatel.jpg.9fae1804c81932e7d0ed94355e8a3312.jpg

• Haha 2

I just wish that the High-Tech guys at the multinational in Thailand would solve the factory defects in my ACs...

Before they head into outer space.

Since coming to Thailand, my faith in finding cutting-edge science and technology here has been shaken and stirred.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, including a clean room and test bench for satellite research and development.

Wow..

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Since coming to Thailand, my faith in finding cutting-edge science and technology here has been shaken and stirred.

I visited few Universities in Bangkok. Yes there's cutting edge science and technology but only few lecturers and even fewer students. Very sad to see indeed.

2 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

I visited few Universities in Bangkok. Yes there's cutting edge science and technology but only few lecturers and even fewer students. Very sad to see indeed.

The Natural Sciences is......HARD!

One cannot just absorb Physics and Biochem Textbooks in one's sleep by listening to audio recordings.

They do not have what it takes to work hard at that level at anything relating to academics.

Homework is only something they do for 24 hours before a major exam.

Not to mention, ....culture and IQ, perhaps.

So then....

WHY?

Why do this Outer Space Gig, anyway?

Certainly this can be done FAR BETTER in other parts of the world.

And, do they have the money to divert from other parts of the economy?

8 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Certainly this can be done FAR BETTER in other parts of the world.

And, do they have the money to divert from other parts of the economy?

that was a shortcut for many years and what is the result? 

My guess is suddenly someone big and powerful thought to give another chance to turn country into something more developed and fit to XXI century. 

I saw new buildings and massive brand new equipment in labs in **** University, but what is it good for if none is using it? Lamenting scenes.

47 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

that was a shortcut for many years and what is the result? 

My guess is suddenly someone big and powerful thought to give another chance to turn country into something more developed and fit to XXI century. 

I saw new buildings and massive brand new equipment in labs in **** University, but what is it good for if none is using it? Lamenting scenes.

It is actually possible to buy talent.

China has done it.

If Thailand is willing to spend Two Trillion USD, then Thailand can become a High-Tech power of note.

Just don't try to do anything....HALFWAY.

And, also, Thailand could easily hire some dynamite Chinese engineers if sufficient money was available.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Thailand could easily hire some dynamite Chinese engineers if sufficient money was available

obviously, no doubt. So far only foreign talents are dropoffs from West and bozos from UK and EU. Not so bright future, isn't?

Thailand could also become nuclear superpower/genetic study international hub/human rights something/%whatever%/ if sufficient money was available. No doubt. 

4 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

obviously, no doubt. So far only foreign talents are dropoffs from West and bozos from UK and EU. Not so bright future, isn't?

Thailand could also become nuclear superpower/genetic study international hub/human rights something/%whatever%/ if sufficient money was available. No doubt. 

No doubt.

image.png.9c7cba7d9097396ab48e7f888fdbae2e.png

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

And, also, Thailand could easily hire some dynamite Chinese engineers if sufficient money was available.

From what I hear Chinese are advertising on large billboards in Bangkok for staff already, so the takeover of Thailand is underway. 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

From what I hear Chinese are advertising on large billboards in Bangkok for staff already, so the takeover of Thailand is underway. 

Advertising for what? 

The Chinese will use their own engineers and tech people from China. Chinese are more highly educated and smarter and more innovative and harder working. 

You may be seeing ads for low-level factory operators, just basically cogs in the factory production wheel. 

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Advertising for what? 

Staff/ jobs....  but yes seemingly lower level positions.

Edited by jacko45k