Phuket -all gone

Rinrada

No Water,No Tourists, No money-NO WAY

20 Years ago I first visited "Puket" and very nice it was too.Friendly smiling people,very good service,200Bt a night with a/c and a beer for 20Bt.

10 Years ago another trip Service so-so,al hong dit air Bt 500 and beer Bt 60...little bit seedy but the rain helped to clean the place up.

5 years ago,Hotels-peng,Singh peng,rat-u-TIP a TIP,food ugh.but at least the rain was refreshing and got rid of the smells (sorry but true)

Next visit...No ..think I will give it a MISS

Now everyone has deserted the place maybe the powers that be will take this god given opportunity to spend some dosh to make improvements and maybe even change some attitudes.

I just hope nobody suggests that the lack of rain is due to the missing Non Thai tourists.

Phuket province is in desperate need of rain.

Scramble to find more water

PHUKET: If you don’t already have an auxiliary water storage tank for your home now might be a good time to buy one: visiting Royal Irrigation Department Director General Samart Chockkanapitak confirmed yesterday that Phuket’s water supplies are running dangerously low

The current supply problems will end only with the arrival of heavy monsoon rains, he said, but the Southwestern Regional Meteorological Center has forecast that heavy rain will not arrive until some time in August.

During his January visit to Phuket, PM Thaksin Shinawatra promised funding for a second reservoir at Bang Niew Dum. But the government now says it lacks the promised 650 million baht for land purchase and dam construction.

Source: Phuket Gazette

Never mind-mai pen rai-sanuk etc they might learn but somehow sadly I dont think so.

:o

Rinrada is phuket really so bad, I havnt been back since I got married. Those days it was a very lovley place, cheap seafood and beer prices were about 40 bt per bottle. You must admit its not just Phuket? all Thailand is more expensive now. Hey 20 years is a long time, I bet beer in london was half the price then ???  :laugh: