Fresh Jalapeno in Pattaya

PoorSucker

You might be able to place a delivery order via the Bangkok Beef FB group  run by Greg Lange, operator of the Sunrise Tacos Mexican restaurants chain.

They  regularly have and sell their own bags of pickled sliced jalapenos, which I buy and use all the time... I believe he also sells whole fresh jalapenos, when they have them in-stock / in-season. You can send him a message on FB Messenger to inquire  re the fresh, whole jalapenos.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, eddyod said:

I have never seen any. I brought back seeds from the States and tried to grow my own with no luck.

Also tried to grow myself, apparently works good in Chiang Rai.

21 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

on Koh Samui they occasionally had them in Makro.

Same, same in Pattaya, Makro has them maybe 2 or 3 times a year from what I've seen. Very cheap when they get them, though, if I see them I buy a few kilos and pickle them.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Same, same in Pattaya, Makro has them maybe 2 or 3 times a year from what I've seen. Very cheap when they get them, though, if I see them I buy a few kilos and pickle them.

I was going to say the same thing, the Makro in Pattaya (on Suk) has had them in the past but it's an occasional thing, not an everyday item, maybe stop by and ask them if/when they might get them in again.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, eddyod said:

I have never seen any. I brought back seeds from the States and tried to grow my own with no luck.

They grow them in Ubon Ratchathani. I guess that's the climate they like.

There are two places or more maybe,  that sell them through Facebook and online outlets delivered to your door, not cheap at 150+/kg plus delivery. When Macro Pattaya gets them they are way cheaper.

Its almost the end of Jalapeño season here in Thailand as I saw the online sellers adverts the last few months but this year haven't seen any for sale in Macro..

On 7/28/2024 at 4:43 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You might be able to place a delivery order via the Bangkok Beef FB group  run by Greg Lange, operator of the Sunrise Tacos Mexican restaurants chain.

They  regularly have and sell their own bags of pickled sliced jalapenos, which I buy and use all the time... I believe he also sells whole fresh jalapenos, when they have them in-stock / in-season. You can send him a message on FB Messenger to inquire  re the fresh, whole jalapenos.

I do believe they were planning to start a harvest around 27th July, so should be available to order now.

• Thanks 1