Thoughts on the opening ceremony at the Paris Olympics

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Im a jew hater, Putin apologists as well, just by stating some concerns and arguments for why maybe things escslating without praising their actions or ideologies.

Oh forgot a Trump hater

None of those matters, if you don't like having transvestite shake their junk in your face, and/or if you do not agree that that was the greatest opening ceremony in the history of the world, so you must be crushed. 

Decent will not be tolerated.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

None of those matters, if you don't like having transvestite shake their junk in your face, and/or if you do not agree that that was the greatest opening ceremony in the history of the world, so you must be crushed. 

Decent will not be tolerated.

Well, one discussion stil going on in my country, can men use shorts in the office at work? But men with make up and shirt can not be discriminated

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well, one discussion stil going on in my country, can men use shorts in the office at work? But men with make up and shirt can not be discriminated

All behavioral standards must be crushed. 

4 minutes ago, bubblegum said:
Full story:

I’m about to step on some toes in regard to the Opening Ceremony at the Paris Olympics.
The headless woman was Marie Antoinette. She ruled over France and was found guilty of treason, conspiracy, and stealing from the country.
Sound familiar?

Dr. Jill? 

Most of these sports at the Olympics don't get an audience of more than a few hundred people when they are divorced from the games. Basketball is an exception, and I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of them right now. But the point is nobody cares about these sports per se. They're only interested in how their countries rank in the medal standings. I'm not. So I'll not be watching any of it--or any of the clumsy "ceremonies." Now, if they thought about putting on a games with real gladiators and the literal last man standing, I might give it a go. Make the drama real.

• Like 1

Just now, seajae said:

trouble is the paris olympic organizers are appologizing for the reproduction of leonardo's painting of the last supper, this makes your version wrong so who is telling the truth, the ones that organized it or the ones that are trying to say it depicted something else

That'll be tossed in the memory hole soon...

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, bubblegum said:
Full story:

I’m about to step on some toes in regard to the Opening Ceremony at the Paris Olympics.
The headless woman was Marie Antoinette. She ruled over France and was found guilty of treason, conspiracy, and stealing from the country.
Sound familiar?
Also, it was not the Last Supper. It was a depiction of an ancient Greek Bacchanal… because, you know, the Olympics are ancient and Greek. Surprise!
And if you didn’t know, a Bacchanalia is an uncontrollably promiscuous, extravagant, and loud party. The parties often spanned several days which honored the god of wine, Bacchus (the blue guy covered in grape vine). He is also known as Dionysus, the Greek god of fertility, later known as the god of wine and pleasure.
And finally, it was not Death on a pale horse. It was Sequana, Goddess of the Seine, the River in which the boat precession took place. She was meant to be the representation of the Olympic spirit and of Sequana.
If some of you weren’t so busy trying to end the Dept. of Education, you might know this.
Loosen the clutch on your pearls.
Yours truly,
Lady Francis

All sounds fine, but a show for the whole world to view, isnt to much to ask for to understand art on this level? 

Art like this should seeks it audience and not push it on the world stage for everyone to be forced watching something that really looks something different than what you describes. Just a thought

• Like 1

17 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Utter tripe. Poorest opening ceremony ever. Artistic expression doesn't really count when it is contrived. Washing over French culture and history for the sake of... blah blah. Was surprised they even included the awful tower at the end. You know, that iconic, quintessential French monument designed by some nice straight white fella. Pfft.

Well I agree with everything else you said, except the part about the Eiffel Tower. I've been there, I've been up to the top, it's an absolutely extraordinary creation, and an amazing feat of engineering for its time, and even for today. And it's gorgeous. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Hummin said:

All sounds fine, but a show for the whole world to view, isnt to much to ask for to understand art on this level? 

Art like this should seeks it audience and not push it on the world stage for everyone to be forced watching something that really looks something different than what you describes. Just a thought

Yeah I think that's the part of this that I agree with the most, artistic expression is fine, freedom of artistic expression is fine, but this was the wrong venue to push a fairly extreme position into the faces of the masses. I think they were just trying to make a point and the point was not made very effectively, that's for sure. It failed horrendously, let's just admit that. 

Why some of you have to bring politics into this beyond me. Must everything be smeared and polluted by the American elections? There's a whole big world out there and most don't give a flying F about it.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Most of these sports at the Olympics don't get an audience of more than a few hundred people when they are divorced from the games. Basketball is an exception, and I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of them right now. But the point is nobody cares about these sports per se. They're only interested in how their countries rank in the medal standings. I'm not. So I'll not be watching any of it--or any of the clumsy "ceremonies." Now, if they thought about putting on a games with real gladiators and the literal last man standing, I might give it a go. Make the drama real.

Everybody's entitled to their opinion of course, but you couldn't possibly be further from the truth. There are hundreds of millions if not billions who care deeply about the Olympic Games, for the sports aspect, not just the metals. Football, tennis gymnastics, basketball, track and field, weight lifting, there are dozens  of sports that are represented in the Olympics that are very relevant to today's society. They're just not relevant to you that's all. 

Of course there are things like the javelin, and the shot put, and archery and things like that that don't have much day-to-day relevance, but many others do. 

16 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Boring pandering propaganda to please woke Leninists who mock traditional values in their quest for power.

Leninism would have no tolerance for the kind of stuff that was expressed in this ceremony and it is likely that in a Leninist or Marxist society these people would be executed promptly. So, if you don't know anything about Leninism or Marxism it's better just to not discuss it.  Otherwise you end up looking like somebody who's been gorging on conservative podcasts.

Perhaps use the correct labels, like woke, and PC and liberal. 

3 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Why some of you have to bring politics into this beyond me. Must everything be smeared and polluted by the American elections? There's a whole big world out there and most don't give a flying F about it.

The "Full Story" you posted above showed that the whole thing was political. 

You are only against politics you disagree with. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Very unfortunately, the Number 5, copied above, is a very poor copy, and too blurry to do justice to this work of art.

Here is a better copy.

Also, concerning Number 5, nobody seems to know who the owner actually is.

Some guy in Mexico says he is not the owner.

But, the thing that bugs me most is that it is so difficult to find and view great masterpieces, these days.

The Internet is no longer free.

And we, as a global culture, no longer have access to our culture.

Instead, our culture is now under lock and key, and held hostage by a few super-rich psychopathic rat-bostards!

Thith ith Dithpicable!

image.png.a7e9c34e83a2af92f106e1d0de308ff5.png

This is not my favorite Pollock, by far; it's just the most expensive Pollock, so far.

(Also, it seems that this is actually, itself, just a copy done by Pollock, in order to replace the damaged original. Very weird, when you come to think about it.....)

Very few people have a true and deep appreciation of Pollock, and understand what a blazing genius the man was, and how spectacularly perfect his paintings were.

They utter silly statements like my kid could do that, and yet the stuff their kid does is not something anyone would care to look at, and is forgotten tomorrow. Even by the parents, unless they pander to the kid by taping it to the refrigerator. 

Edited by spidermike007

17 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Correct.

This was actually the trashing of French culture.

And, who was that fat woman with the silver globe on her head supposed to be?

And, if she was attending the Last Supper, why was she so happy?

One would have thought she might have been more worried about receiving her last meal.

But, what I really want to know....

Where were all the Thai Ladyboys in France when this show was organized?

Surely, Thai Ladyboys are far better than anything available in France, these days....

image.png.ef9d9127b2f29608ede934a2aedb9894.png

That's a really interesting point if you're going to use ladyboys why not use good looking ladyboys was it deliberate that all the lady boys they used were so rough looking? And what about the only woman in that group why was she ugly and 400 lbs? What was that statement all about? 

• Love It 2

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

That's a really interesting point if you're going to use ladyboys why not use good looking ladyboys was it deliberate that all the lady boys they used were so rough looking? And what about the only woman in that group why was she ugly and 400 lbs? What was that statement all about? 

Bacchanalian women weren't waif-like. They were rather above the middle size.image.jpeg.3d35bf6cd24aaf7d266c4a21c83e203a.jpeg

Edited by Baht Simpson
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bubblegum said:
Full story:

Sound familiar?
Also, it was not the Last Supper. It was a depiction of an ancient Greek Bacchanal… because, you know, the Olympics are ancient and Greek. Surprise!
And if you didn’t know, a Bacchanalia is an uncontrollably promiscuous, extravagant, and loud party. The parties often spanned several days which honored the god of wine, Bacchus (the blue guy covered in grape vine). He is also known as Dionysus, the Greek god of fertility, later known as the god of wine and pleasure.
And finally, it was not Death on a pale horse. It was Sequana, Goddess of the Seine, the River in which the boat precession took place. She was meant to be the representation of the Olympic spirit and of Sequana.
If some of you weren’t so busy trying to end the Dept. of Education, you might know this.
Loosen the clutch on your pearls.
Yours truly,
Lady Francis

It is like to show the middle finger to a police officer wanting you driver licence, wait a moment to see his face and then explain to him that the you actually mean "one second" and thats why you are showing just a single finger, not two.

• Confused 2

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Very few people have a true and deep appreciation of Pollock, and understand what a blazing genius the man was, and how spectacularly perfect his paintings were.

They utter silly statements like my kid could do that, and yet the stuff their kid does is not something anyone would care to look at, and is forgotten tomorrow. Even by the parents, unless they pander to the kid by taping it to the refrigerator. 

Same with Yves Klein.

35 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Football, tennis gymnastics, basketball, track and field, weight lifting,

How many people attend or watch on tv track and field events, weightlifting, or even gymnastics outside the Olympics. Who won the decathlon two Olympics ago? Anybody know? Anybody care?

The Greeks had the Olympics in the nude. Hitler had depictions of Aryan youths holding the Olympic flame.

These people are well clothed, even in relation to current Olympic swimmers and divers. 

Ridiculous outrage over precious little.

chapter-5-3.webp

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

The whole idea of good art is to challenge. Great art happens when artists challenge the accepted norms. This is particularly true of visual art. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

The whole idea of good art is to challenge. Great art happens when artists challenge the accepted norms. This is particularly true of visual art. 

So when I have been to a Cabaret in Thailand I have experienced great art? Good to now,