Extending marry visa, online appointment needed? CM

Hello,

I am planning to extend my marry visa in Chiang Mai, central festival immigration office, do I need to book appointment or something? Or I Just walk in with the documents and do all on the spot?

I don't go to CM immigration but where I go it is a good idea to get an appointment. It will put you in front of the line. With no appointment you will be in the first come first served line.

Not only is a "walk in" fine, it's the only option you have.  One can currently get no appointment at CM Immigration for an annual extension based on marriage.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

Not only is a "walk in" fine, it's the only option you have.  One can currently get no appointment at CM Immigration for an annual extension based on marriage.

Hi CMBob, I guess you have been through that.

Do they require bankbook update on the same day as application? in that case How can I do that if immigration opens at 8:30 - 9 am and banks open at 11 AM, also the UPD machine for kasikorn bank seems to be not working for my bankbook, so I have to update it manually via branch manager on their device or w/e its called. 

Asking that because I want to go to immigration as early as possible.

8 minutes ago, bkkniko said:

Do they require bankbook update on the same day as application? in that case How can I do that if immigration opens at 8:30 - 9 am and banks open at 11 AM, also the UPD machine for kasikorn bank seems to be not working for my bankbook, so I have to update it manually via branch manager on their device or w/e its called. 

I've only ever done annual extensions based on retirement but can definitely tell you that CM Immigration allows bank statements/updates prior to the date of application.  I understand it can be up to 7 days before but I've always (as in 12-13 times) obtained the updates the day before.

There have been multiple complaints about the CM Immigration appointment site having dropped marriage extensions for appointments.....happened, I believe, last year.  You can see that it's no longer available....https://outlook.office365.com/book/[email protected]/

Hmm, when did Cenfest start doing visa extensions based on marriage?  Last I knew, it had to be done at the Airport location, that was a year ago.  About to put together my extension for this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Hmm, when did Cenfest start doing visa extensions based on marriage?  Last I knew, it had to be done at the Airport location, that was a year ago.  About to put together my extension for this year.

I don't know if Central Festival Immigration office does any kind of extension.....other than, maybe, a 30-day extension to an exempt or tourist visa entry.

• Agree 1

Yeah, they are doing some extensions there, tourists for sure. There is also like a space named : Background check, when I first extended my visa via agent, he did get my stamp at centfest, 1 month under consideration. And than I got the 11 month at the IO near airport. I guess he could do it at centfest, maybe because of agent-immigration officer connections or smth.

3 hours ago, bkkniko said:

If your bank book won't update in a machine there maybe a problem with the magnetic strip. Although I don't use the same bank as you, I know from experience that if you report the problem in local branch they should be able to reset it. 

Also, branches of banks that are not in supermarkets or shopping malls normally open at 8:30am.

2 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

If your bank book won't update in a machine there maybe a problem with the magnetic strip. Although I don't use the same bank as you, I know from experience that if you report the problem in local branch they should be able to reset it. 

Also, branches of banks that are not in supermarkets or shopping malls normally open at 8:30am.

Yeah, this time, I'll go to some branch that opens at 8:30 near airport IO and update there before extending the visa.

25 minutes ago, CMBob said:

I don't know if Central Festival Immigration office does any kind of extension.....other than, maybe, a 30-day extension to an exempt or tourist visa entry.

I may have to mosey over there and see as I may have to head out that way anyway.  Will report back what I find.  Sure would be nicer than the airport location zoo.

Edited by DrPhibes
content
  • Thumbs Up 1

OK,

Place was packed, natural for the day after a 3 day weekend.  No extensions for retirement or via thai marriage or any non-o visa.  Most I think were there to extend tourist visas.  Have a pic of other services.

20240730_134937.jpg

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

OK,

Place was packed, natural for the day after a 3 day weekend.  No extensions for retirement or via thai marriage or any non-o visa.  Most I think were there to extend tourist visas.  Have a pic of other services.

20240730_134937.jpg

Hi @DrPhibes, did you ask someone from officials there, or just because of that picture that specifies exactly what they provide? I am asking because somehow my agent was able to get me the under consideration stamp there, an extension based on marriage. Also, not planning to use agent this year so just wanna be sure, if IO near the airport is the only option. 

Thank you!

19 hours ago, bkkniko said:

Hi @DrPhibes, did you ask someone from officials there, or just because of that picture that specifies exactly what they provide? I am asking because somehow my agent was able to get me the under consideration stamp there, an extension based on marriage. Also, not planning to use agent this year so just wanna be sure, if IO near the airport is the only option. 

Thank you!

Unfortunately, the lines to anyone was about 25 people deep with every seat anywhere near the office taken up with people waiting so no real opportunity to ask anyone anything.  Maybe your agent knows someone there.  I'm actually looking to use an agent for the 1st time given the crowd I saw there and the one I saw at the airport facility Thurs when I was looking to pop in and get forms and ask if anything had changed but then just turned around, walked out.

On 7/31/2024 at 12:22 PM, DrPhibes said:

Unfortunately, the lines to anyone was about 25 people deep with every seat anywhere near the office taken up with people waiting so no real opportunity to ask anyone anything.  Maybe your agent knows someone there.  I'm actually looking to use an agent for the 1st time given the crowd I saw there and the one I saw at the airport facility Thurs when I was looking to pop in and get forms and ask if anything had changed but then just turned around, walked out.

Agent makes everything easy; I did the extension for the first time with an agent company. But I did not like the idea of giving them my passport for 1-2 days. Also, I asked if I could keep the passport and meet you at the immigration and give you the passport on the day of application, but they said you must give us the passport 2 days before application. I think its not like they need it 2 days to lay in their office, I think they just want to do all the applications of other clients as well, in bulk

But sure, the whole process took around 15 minutes to get my stamp with an agent. I would do it again if they allowed me to keep my passport.. and give it at the day of application.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

You need to book an appointment and on the day you and your wife must present yourselves at Immigration.

Don't know about other places, but an appointment for an extension based on marriage is not needed ( it was canceled )

3 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

You need to book an appointment and on the day you and your wife must present yourselves at Immigration.

OP is asking about CM Immigration.....and no appointment is available for an extension based on marriage.

• Thumbs Up 2