The difference between the various View Talays

jaywalker2

Among the many View Talays, VT 7 is, from what I've heard, generally considered the best and View Talay 1 the worst (excluding the View Talay Residences, which I don't know much about.) Does anybody know why this would be the case. Is VT 7 really better than VT 5? And nobody seems to like VT 8 -- what would be the reason for that?

And what about the VT Residences? How do they compare? Nobody seems to talk about them much either. Just curious

• Like 1

Not sure why nobody talks about the residences.  They are different construction and probably different management.  They are not high rises so I would think there would be less waiting around for elevators.

Edited by shdmn
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, SGD said:

VT8 is on the moon. No-one even truly knows where it is and no-one cares.

I guess the same applies to View Talay Sands in Na Jomtien. Obviously a quiet location but it's a low rise beachfront with duplex 2Br condo units, so maybe it's not the same developer as the other VT's.

Posted (edited)

So nobody has anything to say about View Talay Residences? I know they're low-rise but the basic format seems to be the same, a one-room studio of 48 sq m with an attached kitchen. No amentities other than the pool. I guess the smaller buildings have pros and cons. Fewer residents and therefore a more peaceful atmosphere I would imagine but the low floors might mean more street noise.

None of these projects seem to have very good security. Anybody can just walk in. I guess that's not a problem?

Also VT 7 seems to be more expensive than the others, around 18,000 and up for a studio. Is that because it's mainly used for short-term rentals? Or what's the logic there?

Edited by jaywalker2
added information

VT8 has hold value best, even increased. Quiet, nice empty beach. Good if you got company, otherwise lonely. I can see living there.

I've stayed many times at 1B (back unit). Last winter 1,5 months. Somewhat run down but nice pool with funny people (mostly Italian).

I like the vibe there. For 700THB very good deal. Close to everything.

I know people in VT3 and VT5. They like it. The best location.

I also like 2A&B. Quiet, large lot to walk. Very nice pool. Good value.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

So nobody has anything to say about View Talay Residences? I know they're low-rise but the basic format seems to be the same, a one-room studio of 48 sq m with an attached kitchen. No amentities other than the pool. I guess the smaller buildings have pros and cons. Fewer residents and therefore a more peaceful atmosphere I would imagine but the low floors might mean more street noise.

None of these projects seem to have very good security. Anybody can just walk in. I guess that's not a problem?

Also VT 7 seems to be more expensive than the others, around 18,000 and up for a studio. Is that because it's mainly used for short-term rentals? Or what's the logic there?

View Talay Residences will have higher common fees eventually as fewer owners to spread the costs over i.e. lift replacement 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

VT6 and VT7 empty shells were more expensive than the other View Talays from the get-go.  I think they were more expensive due to their direct beachfront locations, a slightly more upscale design, better doors, more elevators, underground parking, etc.

I don't know that much about View Talay Residences, as we always wanted highrise seaview.  I do know that the projects have fewer units and they offer more than just small studios.  They are scattered all over Pattaya, from Jomtien to Wong Amat.

VT6 is a premium location ocean front and next door to hilton and central festival mall as well as 5 min walk to soi buakhow "attractions". Directly on the baht bus lines on beach road as well as 2nd road. Fantastic location for those who want to be in middle of everything

Lots of massage, convenience stores, restaurants laundries in lobby.  But yes in peak months it is packed with airbnb bunch and the lower floors on hilton side views are blocked. Myth Beer Bar also has one bar that plays crap live music way way too loud that blasts up the back side of VT6 so be aware of that from about 9 pm to 2 am or so.

Enjoy it while you can as the big empty lot on walking street side is planning two big hotels/condos there which will screw up a lot of views on that side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

Anyone know what happened to VT5A and VT5B?

That is a mystery--maybe someone on the Forum knows.  My only guess is they already had VT3A and VT3B, and a 5 and a 3 can sometimes be confused in handwriting.  And, memory--"Did he say to meet at 3A or 5A?"   So, possibly they chose 5C and 5D as a better way to distinguish the 4 large buildings.  They would skip 4 as an unlucky number.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newnative said:

That is a mystery--maybe someone on the Forum knows.  My only guess is they already had VT3A and VT3B, and a 5 and a 3 can sometimes be confused in handwriting.  And, memory--"Did he say to meet at 3A or 5A?"   So, possibly they chose 5C and 5D as a better way to distinguish the 4 large buildings.  They would skip 4 as an unlucky number.

An addition.  Just remembered that years ago someone told me that  VT5A and 5B were to be built on the land next to 5C and 5D.  Have no idea if this is true or not.  A hotel was built there, instead, by the VT company.  

• Like 1

A friend who has VT5C end unit said same and they got discount; "Welcome World" lot supposed to become VT condos. It never happened, what ever reason.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

A friend who has VT5C end unit said same and they got discount; "Welcome World" lot supposed to become VT condos. It never happened, what ever reason.

Thanks!

On 7/29/2024 at 9:15 AM, newnative said:

When we lived at VT7 we peeked in at a condo renovation project on the top floor.   I think it was at least 4 studio condos plus a corner unit that had all been put together to make one massive condo.  You could easily do things like that starting with empty shells. 

I think that's the unit a late friend of mine rented last year before he passed.  He had been renting a lower unit but had to relocate.   You are correct: huge unit but really useless space...like a big box and very difficult to make any sense of using furniture.  Funny thing was, with all that open space, virtually no storage space: no closets, nothing.  Did have incredible views though, dual corner balconies. He was paying 35K  What I also recall is the very long walk from the lift to his door; felt like 1/2 Km.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, dddave said:

I think that's the unit a late friend of mine rented last year before he passed.  He had been renting a lower unit but had to relocate.   You are correct: huge unit but really useless space...like a big box and very difficult to make any sense of using furniture.  Funny thing was, with all that open space, virtually no storage space: no closets, nothing.  Did have incredible views though, dual corner balconies. He was paying 35K  What I also recall is the very long walk from the lift to his door; felt like 1/2 Km.

Interesting, thanks!