Biden unveils plan for Supreme Court changes

19 minutes ago, Wrwest said:

Ironically, I find myself more conservative. Either out of office by 75 or not eligible to run for election after turning 70. I am aware of both the benefit of age and experience and the need for greater progressive change brought on by the next generation. We could also discuss a maximum number of eligible terms (varying for 2, 4, 6 year terms).

If the retirement age is decided because that is the age we are likely unable to work, what insanity makes anyone think a geriatric can run the US?

Age limit should be set at the age elected is 2 terms worth of years less than the retirement age. Ie, if the retirement age is 65 and a term is 4 years, last age to stand for election is 57.

I'm sick of old fogies that have no clue about present society imagining they can run our lives. It's disgusting, IMO.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unless I missed something it would have to be a constitutional amendment and that's not going anywhere.

Voting on party lines is normal in the present party system, or did you not notice when the Dems do that? :whistling:

My OP mentioned Congress, but a more detailed process for Constitutional change below. Any voting would need to wait until after the election. I view Biden's proposals as debate points as if trump is around would never get passed.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/our-government/the-constitution/#:~:text=An amendment may be proposed,in each State for ratification.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, novacova said:

The criminal left can’t get their way on policies so as usual they resort to cheating and circumventing the laws, it’s all they got besides their incisive wet diapered name calling.

Ignoramus, there is no left in American politics, they are all on the right. 

The left is represented at American universities, though. Many universities professors are on the left. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retarius said:

Biden is the lamest of lame ducks. How will he get this stupid idea through Congress? 

Biden will not, he recognises the truth on the matter, just getting a dialogue going for future opportunity when MAGA is eventually crushed.  . 

• Thanks 1

I am not surprised.  Just been wondering when he would try to do it. 

The U.S. Constitution sets out many guidelines for the number of votes required to take certain actions. However, only one process requires a three-fourths majority vote: amending the Constitution itself. To change the Constitution, three-fourths of all states must ratify, or approve an amendment.

Edited by radiochaser

8 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

They attempted to murder him? Gracious me, I must have missed that!

I really, really, must pay more attention!

Apparently so did some AI software, claiming that the attempted assassination of Trump was fictional and not real, comparing it to kamala harris's campaign for president, saying her campaign was real. 

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Biden will not, he recognises the truth on the matter, just getting a dialogue going for future opportunity when MAGA is eventually crushed.  . 

The Dems hate SCOTUS because they are not getting the result they favor. They believe everything in government should serve the DNC. 

2 minutes ago, TedG said:

The Dems hate SCOTUS because they are not getting the result they favor. They believe everything in government should serve the DNC. 

No. Comply with the Constitution which Republican's have failed to do in some occasions

4 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Ignoramus, there is no left in American politics, they are all on the right. 

The left is represented at American universities, though. Many universities professors are on the left. 

Bernie Sanders is on the right? Kamala is on the right?

1 hour ago, susanlea said:

Bernie Sanders is on the right? Kamala is on the right?

That would make the extreme right, so far right, that they would be on the left!
😆

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, simple1 said:

No. Comply with the Constitution which Republican's have failed to do in some occasions

What are you talking about? 

18 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Too much furniture in the Congress, too many people who see politics as a profession and not as a public service. 

this. no matter the party.