chance and reason of rejection of visa exempt to non immigrant-o visa application

Has anyone found out that their non immigrant -O application has been rejected when they went back for their appointment  after 14 days  what were the reasons ?

also has CW immigration been doing home visits during  the initial application for non immigrant -O ? how do they set the appointment for this ?

Thanks

If your application was processed and you were given a report back date then yes, the application will be approved.

As for home visit. That's possible and you would have supplied cell # at application and they ring to advise home visit

• Thumbs Up 1

At my IO, they call via the mobile number you supplied to arrange a home visit.

Home visits for Non O applications are becoming more popular.

If your application was accepted, then it will be approved.

Edited by Liquorice

In many many hundreds of non-immigrant type O applications that I have seen go through section C1 out at Chaengwattana I have never heard of or seen an application denied after you applied paid the 2,000 baht and got a return date on your receipt. And I will add I have never ever heard of anyone reporting C/W asking for a backhander to do a Non-O visa..

How about you dial back the paranoia a notch or three, call that number and see what they want or better yet, slog on out there and say you missed the call and you wanted to see what it was about.

Edited by Tod Daniels
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, rwill said:

Did he edit his post?  I don't see anything about receiving a phone call.  I also don't see where it says he edited it.

Read his other topic.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If your application was processed and you were given a report back date then yes, the application will be approved.

As for home visit. That's possible and you would have supplied cell # at application and they ring to advise home visit

majority of HV ae done after the Extension or new Visa has been granted/approved..better make sure your wife is really your wife.

How would it go if my wife, who has a condo unit in her name ( paid by me ) and I did the 12 month  marriage visa, how would they do home visits as they could not get in, and who would be witness..  I have had retirement visa in the past but again that 800k baht is not earning interest & could be used...she has a modest house in the country that she  gifted to her daughter 2 years ago, but unfortunately her mother & lazy sister live there ,so that's out of contention..

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Johno57 said:

How would it go if my wife, who has a condo unit in her name ( paid by me ) and I did the 12 month  marriage visa, how would they do home visits as they could not get in, and who would be witness..  I have had retirement visa in the past but again that 800k baht is not earning interest & could be used...she has a modest house in the country that she  gifted to her daughter 2 years ago, but unfortunately her mother & lazy sister live there ,so that's out of contention..

If IMM home visits and witnesses aren't practicable in your case, then your only option, as I see it, would be to stick with retirement as the reason for your annual extensions .

A further consideration which you might need to bear in mind in this connection is that, if your wife's condo unit is located within the catchment area of another immigration office to the one you deal with at the present time, you might need to deal with that office on all IMM-related matters from now on - a key prerequisite to which would, of course, be the submission of a fresh TM30 to them by presumably your wife in your case.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, tandor said:

majority of HV ae done after the Extension or new Visa has been granted/approved..better make sure your wife is really your wife.

Not my experience, and only for the very first extension application, home visits are made prior to approving the extension.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Johno57 said:

How would it go if my wife, who has a condo unit in her name ( paid by me ) and I did the 12 month  marriage visa, how would they do home visits as they could not get in, and who would be witness.. 

Well, whatever address you registered on a TM30 should be the place they visit.
You can arrange a suitable date and time.

Thai friends can be witnesses.