90-day report must be in person after each re-entry?

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Not correct in my case. Had a month in Dubai returning to my registered address on 14th May, so my 90 days was due on 11th August. Did it online yesterday and got the receipt within one hour. However it says next report is due on 30th October, 90 days from yesterday. Next time I shall wait until closer to the required date as I have 'lost' 10 days, as if it makes any difference.

Did you file a TM30 on your return, I suspect not ? If not it casts doubt on what is being said on here as gospel regarding TM30 & TM47 online systems speaking to each other 

20 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Did you file a TM30 on your return, I suspect not ? If not it casts doubt on what is being said on here as gospel regarding TM30 & TM47 online systems speaking to each other 

My TM30 was filed 5 years ago by my partner at our house here. Been in and out of Thailand, and visited other cities here with no problems. The IO even printed a new one out for me last time I extended.

• Love It 1

6 hours ago, mokwit said:

My observation with my rejection was that it was always overnight - my guess here is that the system is not making comparions in realtime but does it in a batch overnight - if you got a rejection overnight it was an auto rejection and never got as far as an IO is my guess.

Whoever, wherever my online 90 day was processed, it was 45 minutes from applying to issuing. Phitsanulok Immigration are very efficient.

45 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

My TM30 was filed 5 years ago by my partner at our house here. Been in and out of Thailand, and visited other cities here with no problems. The IO even printed a new one out for me last time I extended.

Thanks for the reply. 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Whoever, wherever my online 90 day was processed, it was 45 minutes from applying to issuing. Phitsanulok Immigration are very efficient.

I am talking about the rejections following the "upgrade".

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

Did you file a TM30 on your return, I suspect not ?

No, but the hotels where I stayed before and after my flight should have done one.

So am I still registered at the Jasmine Jade Hotel ? I think not.

Edited by KannikaP

On 8/1/2024 at 2:14 PM, mokwit said:

When/where did they notify us of this change, or are we supposed to "just know" as usual?

Do we know what rejection message is generated if we try and do 14-8 days in advance?

So if it rejects you, there is now NO CHANCE of using postal notification, have to go there and wait for hours as I did before.

When you return from abroad, the simplest thing is to notify by post, then subsequently online. When filing online, remember to fill in the date when extension of stay ends, even though it is not marked with an asterisk.

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2024 at 1:21 PM, Tod Daniels said:

Totally 100% correct 😮 😕 

Since they did the last update to the TM47 online system you have to file the first report after you return from abroad in person before you can then use the online system for subsequent 90 day reports
AND
Now that the TM47 and the TM30 systems cross check passport/addresses you need to file a new TM30 when you come in from abroad as well

Plus one last bit of bad news the "window to apply online" is from 2 weeks before down until 1 week before the due date (outside that window you get denied)

JOMTIEN!

In regards to filing a new TM30, when I return March, next day went since I heard different opinions on reporting. 

Told not necessary if on a Imm-O and returning to same address.

90 days fast forward " rejected " went down submitted paperwork including old TM30, no problems.

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2024 at 8:40 AM, Hamus Yaigh said:

So this is more of a software system failing than any attempt by the Immigration to pull people into their offices ? Perhaps they can go back to how it was before with the next version release?

Probably just pulling people back into their offices, as they must have something to do to justify their paid for positions.

18 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

I think I'll try that.

Will be out of the country for a week soon and will stick to the current 90 days reporting schedule (as if I have never left the country).

Hope immi desks at airports aren't linked to 90 days system

Any thoughts?

Not sure that it will work if out of Country, IP address etc.

Maybe using a VPN?

Let us know how you get on.

18 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

In that case what difference does it make how long you stay out of Thailand, keep doing the 90 day reports online from anywhere - using a VPN if need be to avoid traveling in person to do the 90 day report when you return? I am hypothesizing this based on what your experience?

No. I never attempted to submit an online 90-day report when out of the Country, and I never stated as such.

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

Not sure that it will work if out of Country, IP address etc.

Maybe using a VPN?

Let us know how you get on.

I will be back in TH. Just going to continue old report as if I never left.

Hope immi at BKK/DMK airports aren't linked to 90 day system!!

Edited by Cuchulainn
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

I will be back in TH. Just going to continue old report as if I never left.

Please us know on this thread if it works out 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

OR you could do a TM47 75 days after reentering Thailand.

I use mail option and have never included TM30. (CW) 

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I always include the TM30 even though I have never seen it specified as a requirement for postal notification because they might change the rule between me posting and them receiving it/it might be processed by an IO who invents their own rules.

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

I always include the TM30 even though I have never seen it specified as a requirement for postal notification because they might change the rule between me posting and them receiving it/it might be processed by an IO who invents their own rules.

TM30 Never previously required for 90 reporting via mail.

My comment is CW specific

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

But then it must be done in person at CW. I'm hoping to avoid that.

My cunning plan (Baldrick!!) is to stick with current 90 days reporting irregardless of leaving country and hopefully avoid a trip to CW

Edited by Cuchulainn
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

But then it must be done in person at CW. I'm hoping to avoid that.

My cunning plan (Baldrick!!) is to stick with current 90 days reporting irregardless of leaving country and hopefully avoid a trip to CW

The online site asks you for your last date of entry into Thailand so you'll either need to leave it as the old date (and risk it being rejected) OR update it & trigger an automatic response that says you need to report in Person (at least that's what I got when I tried mine a couple of weeks back). 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

The online site asks you for your last date of entry into Thailand so you'll either need to leave it as the old date (and risk it being rejected) OR update it & trigger an automatic response that says you need to report in Person (at least that's what I got when I tried mine a couple of weeks back). 

Leave it as the old date and hope immi desks at airports aren't linked to 90 days system

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Leave it as the old date and hope immi desks at airports aren't linked to 90 days system

You are doing all this to avoid in person reporting so to be able to do online reporting. 

Even to the point of putting incorrect information on the TM47 re last entry date. 

You could consider report via mail. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

How about for in-person at CW, is a TM30 required?  

nope, never had someone ask for it at the 90 day report desk at C/W in section A

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

nope, never had someone ask for it at the 90 day report desk at C/W in section A

Thanks!  I’ve never gone there for a 90 day.  Only for extension of stay.  For that I arrive very early. Is it also good to arrive very early if just doing the 90 day?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

You are doing all this to avoid in person reporting so to be able to do online reporting. 

Even to the point of putting incorrect information on the TM47 re last entry date. 

You could consider report via mail. 

Yeah, but it says to report in person after re entering.

Mail in accepted?

Edited by Cuchulainn
Spelling

13 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Yeah, but it says to report in person after re entering.

Mail in accepted?

Mail in reporting has previously been accepted in same way as in person reporting. 

The current issue with online reporting seems to be down to syncing TM30 with 90 day reporting.

Currently in Saigon and when I return to Thailand, I have zero intention of doing a TM30.

75 days from date on entry I will do a 90 report via mail (unless I'm am exiting Thailand again) in under 90 days

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Mail in reporting has previously been accepted in same way as in person reporting. 

The current issue with online reporting seems to be down to syncing TM30 with 90 day reporting.

Currently in Saigon and when I return to Thailand, I have zero intention of doing a TM30.

75 days from date on entry I will do a 90 report via mail (unless I'm am exiting Thailand again) in under 90 days

Good luck.  Will you use your new re-entry date on your next TM47 or continue with the old one so as to reduce the chance of getting tripped up?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't understand the question.

TM47 is required if you stay in Thailand for 90 days. 

If you exit Thailand and subsequently return your entry date starts new count. Entry date day 1.

Some folk suggesting to fill in online TM47 ignoring trips out of Thailand is silly idea in my thinking. 

Got it.  I misunderstood you. Yes I was thinking of the idea of not mentioning the recent re-entry date for fear of triggering the need for in-person for the next 90-day but I see you are relying on mail-in as a substitute for in-person. It’s interesting that Immigration (when it rejects online) doesn’t suggest mail-in as an option, they just demand “in-person”.  But hey Immigration is often interesting 🙂