90-day report must be in person after each re-entry?

On 8/3/2024 at 10:46 AM, Cuchulainn said:

Hope immi at BKK/DMK airports aren't linked to 90 day system!!

And if they aren't at the present time then equally hope that they won't be at some point in the future as you might then find yourself in deep, deep, deep, deep doo-dah at 90-day reporting time!

In any event it strikes me that the longest you could continue with your planned strategy (even if you were able to get away with it for any length of time) would likely be until you next needed to renew your passport.

Edited by OJAS

8 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

Yeah, but it says to report in person after re entering.

Mail in accepted?

Have you tried asking one of the Agents to do it for you? The one I use in Pattaya charges 100B for a 90 day report & I know you can do it via an Agent after re-entry as I got back from the UK in May, got a new passport end of July & my agent did my 90 day 1st week in August.   

I used Asia Visa Tours to do my 90 day report when I lived in Bangkok (This was pre-Online system being usable & they had an office on the ground floor of my Condo building), their main office is on Suk Soi 24, 3 min walk from Phrom Phong BTS https://maps.app.goo.gl/fvUGSJhW5mywps3a7.

Just checked & they charge 380B (https://www.asiavisa.net/複製-業務内容), which was a lot cheaper (& less hassle) than a round trip to CW from On Nut. 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Good luck.  Will you use your new re-entry date on your next TM47 or continue with the old one so as to reduce the chance of getting tripped up?

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't understand the question.

TM47 is required if you stay in Thailand for 90 days. 

TM47 requests the date you entered Thailand.

Previously, I was always informed to enter the date I first entered Thailand.

Since the latest update to the online system in Jan, Immigration made a point of advising me I should now put the 'last' date I entered Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

TM47 requests the date you entered Thailand.

Previously, I was always informed to enter the date I first entered Thailand.

Personally never have done it that way. 

Always entered my most recent entry date.

Also my most recent 90 reports at CW I have filled in the TM47 that way and provided photocopy on current entry stamp. Along with couple of other photocopies.

Granted my last report the io did not even look at my photocopies and just glanced at my pp.

Also with mail option I do same and provide same photocopies.

Have never provided TM30 for either.

Seems in person now wants a TM30.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

I used Asia Visa Tours to do my 90 day report when I lived in Bangkok (This was pre-Online system being usable & they had an office on the ground floor of my Condo building), their main office is on Suk Soi 24, 3 min walk from Phrom Phong BTS https://maps.app.goo.gl/fvUGSJhW5mywps3a7.

Just checked & they charge 380B (https://www.asiavisa.net/複製-業務内容), which was a lot cheaper (& less hassle) than a round trip to CW from On Nut. 

Was scrolling on facebook yesterday and was treated to a sponsored post from an agency/outfit in Bangkok. Big and bold announcement dedicated to announcing their '90-day reporting service' for foreigners.

Not that I'm interested, I do my 90-dayers myself. but I did see the price for the service. 1000 baht is lowest, and seems there are a few price tiers.

Not sure about linking policy, mods can remove it if not kosher, I'm  just adding it for info purposes. 

https://www.ptservicesagency.com/en/thailand-90-days-report

Edited by rwilem
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, rwilem said:

Was scrolling on facebook yesterday and was treated to a sponsored post from an agency/outfit in Bangkok. Big and bold announcement dedicated to announcing their '90-day reporting service' for foreigners.

Not that I'm interested, I do my 90-dayers myself. but I did see the price for the service. 1000 baht is lowest, and seems there are a few price tiers.

Not sure about linking policy, mods can remove it if not kosher, I'm  just adding it for info purposes. 

https://www.ptservicesagency.com/en/thailand-90-days-report

Wow, as per the link I posted above, Asia Visa Tour advertise 380B for a 90 day report & I pay 1-200B in Pattaya but to be honest even 1,000B feels cheap when the alternative is a 1.5 hour each way trip to CW.

image.png.e80215cdce606e203d1bc45fdcac6b3e.png

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, rwilem said:

1000 baht is lowest, and seems there are a few price tiers.

Including 2,500 THB for their express service, which is 500 THB more than the IMM fine for missing a report!

Posted (edited)

I just did my 90 day at CW and yes the officer asked me for a TM30, which luckily I had.  I asked her if, on re-entering from abroad, it was allowed to file the first 90 day by mail instead of coming in person and she said yes (I think she understood the question but you never know…).  

Edited by TerraplaneGuy

17 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

I asked her if, on re-entering from abroad, it was allowed to file the first 90 day by mail instead of coming in person and she said yes.

Her advice is correct.

A good follow up question would have been ..."is a TM30 required with the 90 report done via mail option.

The answer should be No..

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Her advice is correct.

A good follow up question would have been ..."is a TM30 required with the 90 report done via mail option.

The answer should be No..

Yes I should have asked that.  Too late now.  But it’s hard to understand why a TM30 would be required for in-person but not mail, in the same circumstances (first report after a re-entry) …? 

53 minutes ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Yes I should have asked that.  Too late now.  But it’s hard to understand why a TM30 would be required for in-person but not mail, in the same circumstances (first report after a re-entry) …? 

I can tell you some more things about immigration that are hard to understand...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

Immigration discretion.

They can request any document they seem fit.

Personally, I would ensure a copy of my TM30 receipt was supplied in either event.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 6:50 PM, TimBKK said:

Does using an agent to file the 90 day count as “in person?”

I sent my first 90 day report by mail.

My friend used an agent. No problems

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TerraplaneGuy said:

But it’s hard to understand why a TM30 would be required for in-person but not mail, in the same circumstances (first report after a re-entry) …? 

I would guess it's because the return envelope you've enclosed has your address on it? It would seem that mail-in reports may get cut some slack because of that.

By the way, just wondering here...

Anyone have an experience doing, or attempting to do, a mail-in 90-day report after they have gotten a new passport? 

Yes, I am aware the word's gone out that the first 90-day report after getting a new passport is supposed to be done in person. (Online attempts in that circumstance get rebuffed, from reports here.) 

Edited by rwilem

1 hour ago, rwilem said:

Anyone have an experience doing, or attempting to do, a mail-in 90-day report after they have gotten a new passport? 

Yes. Even after transferring the stamps to the new passport at Immigration, my next online 90 day report was rejected, so submitted in person.

Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date.