NHRC calls for investigation into Thaksin's "VVIP" treatment

The people know that this was a total stitch up so the fugitive could avoid spending a single night behind bars and while all this was going on an inmate died whist on hunger strike as she had been refused bail. It’s clear that money talks in Thailand 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, jippytum said:

Do you get the feeling the honeymoon return for Thaksin is  running out. 

About time too! 

I think he has come to that conclusion that’s why he wanted to return to his hideout in Dubai until his application was rejected 

why wouldn't he get special treatment? he's a political dynasty figure in the corruption pyramid, of course he doesn't have to follow the same procedures. if thais don't like it then they have to admit the obvious truth - corruption reigns supreme no matter who is in charge 

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The National Human Rights Commission of Thailand (NHRC) has called on the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) to investigate an alleged abuse of power by a state-run hospital and prison authority concerning former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Khun Tony was on his death-bed don't 'cha know, but shortly after his parole, the medical props he was wearing and Buddhist amulets imparted special healing powers healing his heart, his lungs, and his neck.  However, it seems that now that as certain criminal charge are creeping back into Tony's life, so are his heart condition as well as the chronic pneumonia and that pesky rotator cuff issue. No doubt if a court finds him guilty of any charges his body will go into full relapse and he'll need to be put back into the penthouse remand prison facilitates which we are told are available to ALL elderly sick prisoners - of course! The fact that he's been seen in public hob-knobbing with the political elites over the last weeks belies his frail elderly body which is barely surviving day to day and it's only through super-human efforts on his part that he can work the crowds of Pueu Thai faithful, and of course through the grace of a merciful Buddha whose compassion shines down on the epitome of morality encased in Tony's frail, elderly body that he can barely struggle on. 

"Doha!  I need the doctors in Doha!  Only Doha doctors will do!"

Of course Tony.  Like your prison stint, Thai doctors are only for the commoners just like Thai general population prisons are only for the commoners.  Special people are - well - special!  Special prisons, special privileges, special connections - special!  Not like the "little people." 

2 hours ago, sambum said:

Joking apart, it just shows what the Thai "elite" think of the mentality of the average Thai person, when they expect the "man in the street" to believe such bull****! 

They don't expect or worry if the man in the street believes it , when they know they won't do anything about it.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, jippytum said:

Do you get the feeling the honeymoon return for Thaksin is  running out. 

About time too! 

If he's convicted of Lese Magistrate he'll have an immediate 'life-threatening relapse' and the charade with play out again in all of its corrupt pomp and grandeur, and everyone will play their parts for round two. 

"It's The Big One This Time!!!"

b42e4263595c40ba3cbc1787b89f1f0a-98067003.jpg

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

It appears that running away to Dubai, again, is no longer an option.

I wouldn't bet on that.  Dude has money and access to thing you and I don't.  Money can buy the means to leave the country plus I'm sure he has multiple passports.  I'm sure he could leave the country easily.

• Agree 1

Just now, connda said:

I wouldn't bet on that.  Dude has money and access to thing you and I don't.  Money can buy the means to leave the country plus I'm sure he has multiple passports.  I'm sure he could leave the country easily.

And based on the results of the current crop of criminal proceedings, I'm pretty sure that will be a viable option if his money and connections can't get him out of his current bind. 

20 hours ago, watchcat said:

You forget these critical lifesavings Thaksin, wearing a neck brace and a surgical mask,

You're being miserable. He is an ex prime minister. His conviction was purely political at the time. "Ex convict" is vast exaggeration. All you guys who game the system to live in this country by underhand means need a trifle more respect. Dont know if you are US but if you are; anyone who believes it is reasonable for a piece of merde like Trump to be running for president should be seriously quiet about corruption and ex political offenders.  Likewise Englishmen who have a very thin skin when they are reminded of some of the idiots running their country.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1