Israel Hamas War the Widening Middle East Conflict

On 8/6/2024 at 4:16 AM, Patong2021 said:

Real war? Seriously? It is a real war now as hundreds of IDF personnel have been KIA, and an estimated 20,000 Hamas, Islamic Jihad and other faction fighters have died. Hamas continues to fire its rockets from the Gaza "humanitarian zone", and  the IDF continues to return suppressing fire. The destruction is widespread. If that isn't a real war, then what is? 

LOL. How many tanks is Hamas using, how many warplanes are combating the israelis as they drop big bombs on defenseless women and children? Tell us about the air defense systems Hamas has at it's command? A real war has proportionality, and in Gaza there is none. The dead women and children outnumber dead israelis by many thousands of times. IMO its a one sided conflict.

I don't know if I'll still be living to see it, but one day in the future, enough of the world will, IMO, be so appalled as what is being done in Gaza, that israel will come to regret what they do now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Netanyahu and his cronies may have thought they were onto a good thing by assassinating the Hamas political leader, but they only made things harder for themselves.

As seen on Al Jazeera this morning, the military commander of Hamas in Gaza is now the overall commander and he spent 22 years in an israeli jail, so he's not going to be more reasonable than the previous guy.

BTW the israelis have been trying to get this guy for years, and have failed utterly to do so- they don't even know where he is now. So much for israeli intelligence.

One thing is for sure, a ceasefire is going to be harder to achieve now, without amnesty for him and the rest of Hamas. So it's looking really bad for the survival of the hostages.

They got rid of one leader, but this one is way more hardline.

Things are not looking good for israel. 10 months into it and no evidence that Hamas is being defeated, the israeli economy has to be in dire straights, and they are being assailed ever more ferociously from the north. Not forgetting that they do not know how, where or when the Iranian response is going to come, and IMO it won't be just a few drones like the last time. Indeed, israel has sown the wind and the whirlwind is coming.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/4/2024 at 10:35 AM, Will B Good said:

Refusing to negotiate is part of the negotiations....?

So it's ok for terrorist to refuse negotiations, but when Israel refuses, it's supposedly genocide? 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, CharlieKo said:

So it's ok for terrorist to refuse negotiations, but when Israel refuses, it's supposedly genocide? 

You've lost me.....I never sided with either Israel or Hamas.....it was a general comment on negotiations.

As a member with 869 posts I would suggest you wind your neck in.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2024 at 8:05 PM, placeholder said:

Here's a link to a fascinating article about Yahya Sinwar. And, no, it's in no way a defense for what he's done.

https://archive.ph/UyuHg

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2024/08/12/yahya-sinwar-profile-hamas-gaza-war-israel

That scumbag is next on the list for elimination. The minute he pops his out out of which ever tunnel he is hiding in he's  dead. Good riddance too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CharlieKo said:

That scumbag is next on the list for elimination. The minute he pops his out out of which ever tunnel he is hiding in he's  dead. Good riddance too.

And the best thing about that is, once he's dead, the problem is solved. No one will be there to replace him. And the guerilla war, which is what the situation is now, will evaporate. Yippee.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

You've lost me.....I never sided with either Israel or Hamas.....it was a general comment on negotiations.

As a member with 869 posts I would suggest you wind your neck in.

I never suggested you were on any side. I'm merely commenting on your comment. America want Israel to accept Hamas terms, people are quick to say Isreal is causing genocide. I am making an analogy, that is all. As for winding my neck in, kiss my a...s. I'm entitled to n opinion. whether you like it or not. Especially when you are playing on words rather than adding any real content!

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Netanyahu and his cronies may have thought they were onto a good thing by assassinating the Hamas political leader, but they only made things harder for themselves.

As seen on Al Jazeera this morning, the military commander of Hamas in Gaza is now the overall commander and he spent 22 years in an israeli jail, so he's not going to be more reasonable than the previous guy.

BTW the israelis have been trying to get this guy for years, and have failed utterly to do so- they don't even know where he is now. So much for israeli intelligence.

One thing is for sure, a ceasefire is going to be harder to achieve now, without amnesty for him and the rest of Hamas. So it's looking really bad for the survival of the hostages.

They got rid of one leader, but this one is way more hardline.

Things are not looking good for israel. 10 months into it and no evidence that Hamas is being defeated, the israeli economy has to be in dire straights, and they are being assailed ever more ferociously from the north. Not forgetting that they do not know how, where or when the Iranian response is going to come, and IMO it won't be just a few drones like the last time. Indeed, israel has sown the wind and the whirlwind is coming.

You really have no idea do you.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has urged Hamas’s newly appointed political chief Yahya Sinwar to accept a Gaza ceasefire, saying the alleged mastermind of the October 7 attack was the crucial decider over a trauce.

“He has been and remains the primary decider when it comes to concluding the ceasefire. And so I think this only underscores the fact that it is really on him to decide whether to move forward with a ceasefire that manifestly will help so many Palestinians in desperate need,” Mr Blinken told reporters.

“It really is on him,” he added.

https://archive.ph/6A4UH

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/world/yahya-sinwar-accused-mastermind-of-october-7-attack-on-israel-named-new-hamas-political-chief/news-story/c4eb03e5b5d4bd9cfe71ff3e277a2140

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And the best thing about that is, once he's dead, the problem is solved. No one will be there to replace him. And the guerilla war, which is what the situation is now, will evaporate. Yippee.

Hamas will evaporate.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CharlieKo said:

I never suggested you were on any side. I'm merely commenting on your comment. America want Israel to accept Hamas terms, people are quick to say Isreal is causing genocide. I am making an analogy, that is all. As for winding my neck in, kiss my a...s. I'm entitled to n opinion. whether you like it or not. Especially when you are playing on words rather than adding any real content!

Pound to a penny you are a Trump supporter....555

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Will B Good said:

Pound to a penny you are a Trump supporter....555

fortunately, I'm not an American, So while I might side with Trump, I still think US politics is in the trash. How any country can only have a choice between two idiots is beyond me. It say's more about dumb American people choosing the type of people it votes for as president. 

The whole world looks on America as done for, a complete joke. 55555 Only the west think the sun shines out of the American <deleted>! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

You need to switch on that brain if you have one! Hamas will be easy to destroy when leaderless. not to mention ordinary Gazans will probably turn on Hamas for all the suffering they have caused. Also Isreal do have plans to create a stable rule in Gaza. So you are wrong.  

The only plans I have hear about are those that call for Arab nations like the UAE to send their troops to maintain law and order and suppress military activity in Gaza. It would take a remarkable degree of naivete to believe that other arab nations would want to be seen as Israel's enforcer.

And why would a guerilla force be easy to destroy when leaderless?

Why is a highly structured hierarchy necessary to a guerilla war?

As for ordinary citizens turning on Hamas, any evidence that's happened yet?

• Thumbs Up 2

Brilliant, before, Sinwar had everything resting in his hands unofficially. Now it's official in every way and any distinction between the Hamas political and terrorist wings have disintegrated. While he is in power no Jew is safe and Israel can never rest. His use of Gazans as "a necessary sacrifice" will remain.

Inside the depraved mind of Hamas last man standing

“When you interrogate a man like Sinwar – a radical, fanatic Islamist – it’s not easy. He said ‘I prefer to kill all the Jews with a machete because it was written in the Hadith 1400 years ago that we must kill the Jews with a machete, we must rape the women’. He is not a regular man,” Kobi says.
“He said he wanted to kill me as interrogator. Of course, we took care. His hands were always behind him, not in front. We tied him.

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/inside-the-depraved-mind-of-hamas-last-man-standing-20240719-p5juzi

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

How did they issue that with a straight face............  ‘may have been involved

image.png.cd47abc7c89b60f6483b162b9167dde6.png

Government ‘appalled’ that UNRWA staff may have been involved in Israel attacks

A Foreign Office spokesperson said: “It’s appalling that nine members of UNRWA may have been involved in the October 7 atrocities.

“We welcome UNRWA’s decisive action and support their decision to terminate the contracts of these individuals.

“Anyone who participated in the horrific October 7 attacks should face the full force of the law.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/unrwa-government-israel-david-lammy-foreign-office-b2591970.html

• Like 1

22 hours ago, placeholder said:

If you keep killing the replacements, as some point, they will run out of replacements, yes? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

If you keep killing the replacements, as some point, they will run out of replacements, yes? 

That is correct and high ranking Israeli government officials have same ideas which they share with public.

"Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich implied on Monday that he believes blocking humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip is “justified and moral” even if it causes two million civilians to die of hunger, but the international community won’t allow that to happen."

Link to article

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, niccodemi said:

That is correct and high ranking Israeli government officials have same ideas which they share with public.

"Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich implied on Monday that he believes blocking humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip is “justified and moral” even if it causes two million civilians to die of hunger, but the international community won’t allow that to happen."

Link to article

Nice try

On 8/7/2024 at 2:34 PM, CharlieKo said:

It's that sort of attitude which is going to get the rest of the hostages dead. If they kill all the guys in charge, who are they going to negotiate with? The US may imagine that they can arrange things without any input from Hamas, but it doesn't work like that in the real world.

It's also the reason that israel has been in conflict with Palestinians since israel was created in 1948. Force alone just doesn't work against a determined enemy, especially with one that has nowhere else to go.

IMO they are going to keep fighting israel till they get THEIR land back or they are no more.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's that sort of attitude which is going to get the rest of the hostages dead. If they kill all the guys in charge, who are they going to negotiate with? The US may imagine that they can arrange things without any input from Hamas, but it doesn't work like that in the real world.

It's also the reason that israel has been in conflict with Palestinians since israel was created in 1948. Force alone just doesn't work against a determined enemy, especially with one that has nowhere else to go.

IMO they are going to keep fighting israel till they get THEIR land back or they are no more.

Not 1948 again, gawd 'elp us.............:coffee1:

On 8/7/2024 at 2:59 PM, CharlieKo said:

You need to switch on that brain if you have one! Hamas will be easy to destroy when leaderless. not to mention ordinary Gazans will probably turn on Hamas for all the suffering they have caused. Also Isreal do have plans to create a stable rule in Gaza. So you are wrong.  

You dreamer you!

Hamas fighters are more a guerrilla group than an army, so don't need orders from above in the same way as a normal army does. Hamas is highly likely to know that the leaders are likely to die, so the fighters will be autonomous to some extent. After all, their only mission is to kill israelis, wherever and whenever they can .

Apparently Hamas has more volunteers than they know what to do with, which is understandable when the Gazans have seen whole families exterminated by the bombing, and they will want revenge on the israelis. Small boys will be dreaming of the day they too can kill israelis. This conflict isn't going to end with a ceasefire, unless they get their own land back for their own state, IMO.

44 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You dreamer you!

Hamas fighters are more a guerrilla group than an army, so don't need orders from above in the same way as a normal army does. Hamas is highly likely to know that the leaders are likely to die, so the fighters will be autonomous to some extent. After all, their only mission is to kill israelis, wherever and whenever they can .

Apparently Hamas has more volunteers than they know what to do with, which is understandable when the Gazans have seen whole families exterminated by the bombing, and they will want revenge on the israelis. Small boys will be dreaming of the day they too can kill israelis. This conflict isn't going to end with a ceasefire, unless they get their own land back for their own state, IMO.

In 2005 Israel vacated Gaza to the gazans. Since then they destroyed what infrastructure Israel left behind. They then set about killing off any opposition including kicking out the PA government. Then they suppressed the local population. Used funds meant to help the local population to build rockets and tunnels etc. 

They are not interested in a homeland, they are the islamic brotherhood. they want death and destruction, they hide behind the local population when they fire their rockets into Israel. They want innocent deaths for their propaganda machine. Their aim is total destruction of Israel, From the river to the sea. 

You could be right about it being a guerrilla force. Israel will decimate Gaza so the only place they can live is in the tunnels they hide in. If people deserve the government they have then the Gazans truly deserve Hamas and can suffer the consequences of their folly. Or they can turn against Hamas and find freedom, up to them. They already voice hate towards Hamas, but it will take time. 

I think Hamas see the writing on the wall, that is why they are keen for a cease fire. Before they lose control of Gaza.   

Edited by CharlieKo

43 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What does that have to do with anything? Would it make any difference to you if I said you are a Biden supporter?

I'm guessing you meant it as an insult, which says more about you than him.

He seams to be more like a troll leaving snide comments than having anything of value to add to any topic. Quite pathetic really.

1 hour ago, CharlieKo said:

I think Hamas see the writing on the wall, that is why they are keen for a cease fire. Before they lose control of Gaza.

What passes for leadership may want a ceasefire, but I suspect the fighters just want to kill israelis. Nothing else motivates as much as hatred. 22 years in an israeli prison would make anyone hate israel.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What passes for leadership may want a ceasefire, but I suspect the fighters just want to kill israelis. Nothing else motivates as much as hatred. 22 years in an israeli prison would make anyone hate israel.

Prison, where did you get that from.........?   🤔

23 hours ago, niccodemi said:

Link to article

Sort of pales into insignificance when the actual leader of Hamas sees the Gazans as necessary sacrifice, has murdered 12 of them himself and got the nickname “The Butcher of Khan Younis.” as a result. Wants to murder all Jews with a machette and rape all the Jewish women.