Former Adviser Blames Conservative Governments for Rising Far-Right Violence in the UK

Social Media

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Total nonsense from Khan. 

The mistake the Tories made was abandoning their conservative principles and allowing mass uncontrolled immigration. Unfortunately Labour will make this even worse. 

People are sick of it and are finally making their feelings known. Expect more protests. 

Law abiding people made their feelings known in the election.

Rioting, attacking completely innocent communities, destroying property, torching cars and libraries, looting businesses, and violently attacking police officers is not ‘people voicing their opinion’.

Its a tiny minority of violent thugs engaging in coordinated criminality.

Unfortunately for them, but fortunately for the vast majority of law abiding people, there’s been a change of Government, the past practice of pandering to the far right has come to an end.

Let’s hear it from you Jonny, the rioters deserve to face the full force of the law.

They will, but will you condemn their lawlessness?!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Getting addressed?

That's a bit like saying a doctor is addressing his patients skin cancer by putting him under a sun bed on max for 24 hours.  

When I mentioned false equivalence, I wasn’t asking for more examples of the logical fallacy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So why do the police ignore it when it's the Pro Palestine mob or BLM doing it?

This 2 tier policing is making the situation worse. It's stoking the flames. 

Ah, whataboutary, who would have guessed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, JonnyF said:

I am not complaining about BLM or the Pro Palestine mob.

I am pointing out the different way the police handle different groups.

Do try to keep up dear...

Tell me Jonny, these ‘BLM, ProPalestinian mob’ injustices you cling to, when did they occur? Who was in Government at the time?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Ah, whataboutary, who would have guessed.

To compare one situation with another is not whataboutery unless it is a deliberate attempt to deflect attention.I don't think that is the position here; it's more to underline selective indignation on the part of the established political and media class who regard the white working class as the very bottom of the pile, particularly the young and poorly educated.

One cannot expect a great deal of penetrating analysis on this forum but I was struck by the remarks of the centre-right commentator Tim Montgomerie:

"Britain now has a significant underclass (there may be a better word to describe it)? 10% to 15% of the population who are/feel completely cut off from the rest of the population. They are poorly educated. They are intergenerationally welfare dependent. They live in communities where anti-social behaviour is normal. Where family structure and virtue has collapsed. We all pay them money. We police them. But we don’t really care about them. We have no grand desire - let alone plan - to change this. We can afford this underclass - even though it means huge misery and lost human potential."

It is these people that are fueling the current riots.Surely the big question - leaving aside the asinine forum squabbling - is how to we deal with these people, educate them, give the hope and make their lives better.To date the government hasn't appeared to consider any of this.It can be forgiven because the need now is to restore order - but what happens next? Will the problem go away by itself because the wicked Tories are no longer in charge?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A false equivalence.

Statements by doctors don’t incite disease in patients.

There’s been a change of Government, the very serious social problems that have for the past 14 years been ignored and or exacerbated are now getting addressed.

past 14 years....again...so bloody funny

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

are now getting addressed.

Not from Labour who will do nothing to slow the fall of illegals into the country. Chicken and egg, no illegals the protests will fade away

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Says ‘trusted source’.

Still protecting your friends then, I see.........About time, you watched some recorded media on them, unless you are blind, that is..........:coffee1:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Refer the OP at the top of the thread.

The subject Conservative Governments were in power for a total of over 14 years, and it wasn’t funny.

I was referring to your comment. You persist in claiming this problem is only due to the most recent 14 years of Conservative government. Wrong, boring and repetitive. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2