Kamala Harris's VP Choice: Did She Make Her First Major Campaign Mistake?

Social Media

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IMO Trump has nothing new to say, it's the same tired old rhetoric about stolen elections and MAGA, although there are no specifics about how that will be done.

The only new stuff is attacking Harris instead of Biden, and I bet he wishes Biden was still running.

If he is relying on Vance to do the heavy lifting, I think he is going to be disappointed. Vance barely won his Senate seat in A Republican state.

https://gop.com/about-our-party/

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Having 3 kids was normal for thousands of years. Kept humans alive. 

Get with the times.....humping couches is new wave......all the kids are doing it.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, susanlea said:

The world does. Most Olympic talk was about the boxer and the Opening Ceremony. Maybe you don't watch any news.

Utter BS, its only on the channel that calls itself new but in the courtroom defends itself by saying ist just an OPINION channel.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This cackling woman has been making major mistakes all her life. Choosing Tim Walz as her left wing VP just adds to those mistakes. I added a nice photo of Tim Walz's mugshot for your enjoyment.

Tim-Walz-mugshot.webp

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

He got a DUI/driving 96 MPH in a 55 MPH zone. It's nothing like effing a couch.

I don't understand the couch reference, please enlighten me.

Crime of the century, obviously.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

He served 27 years in the National Guard - that means that when he left he would have been 45 or so.

I somehow doubt that at that age he was likely to have been considered for deployment. 

However, I am sure that you have the links to back that all up...

People called up from the Guard who were in their mid 50s went to Iraq and Afghanistan. There was a shortage of troops. This became one of the scandals of the Bush era deployments. Guard units began to be mobilized in 2005. Everybody knew what was coming, even before that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Another perspective:

The Right-Wing Attacks On Tim Walz Are Weird

Voters have repeatedly signaled that this is not a winning electoral strategy. By Nathalie Baptiste, Aug 7, 2024
  • "The Republicans’ problem is now twofold. They seem to be unable to come up with attacks that can stick — especially to a politician who is white, Midwestern and moderate.

Then there’s the fact that the Republican Party has abandoned any pretense of having a policy platform and has chosen to double down on its ever-growing list of white grievances. And while making deranged claims about Walz’s record may satisfy its base, the culture war-style attacks are becoming more inscrutable to the average voter with each passing day."

He's an old white guy. East meat for any good propagandist in these strange days.

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

I would say that the cat ladies are the weird ones, not JD.

Not sure if I trust the couch stores, but  let's be honest - who among us never got 'creative' as a lad when we felt the urge to ... 

I got creative but never with an inanimate objects .though some of the bimboes I dated did come close. :tongue:

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

From the people who know Walz best, his fellow Minnesotans.

In early 2005, a warning order was issued to the 1-125th Field Artillery Battalion, which included the position he was serving in, to prepare to be mobilized for active duty for a deployment to Iraq.

On May 16th, 2005 he quit, leaving the 1-125th Field Artillery Battalion and its Soldiers hanging; without its senior Non-Commissioned Officer, as the battalion prepared for war. His excuse to other leaders was that he needed to retire in order to run for congress. Which is false, according to a Department of Defense Directive, he could have run and requested permission from the Secretary of Defense before entering active duty;

https://www.wctrib.com/community/letters/the-truth-about-tim-walz

• Thumbs Up 2

36 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

This cackling woman has been making major mistakes all her life. Choosing Tim Walz as her left wing VP just adds to those mistakes. I added a nice photo of Tim Walz's mugshot for your enjoyment.

Tim-Walz-mugshot.webp

Seems you are one that likes making mistakes too.......😴

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Are you having to go back that far to try and discredit the bloke.........🤔

You don't have to do that with your leader Trump, as you are well aware......🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Do the math. How old is he?  How old was he in 2005 

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Errr, The vast majority of the  4,700 delegates to the DNC?  

Not the people of the US then. She didn't win a single state when she entered the primaries.

Remind me if the US a democracy. Seems the US might gain a POTUS that had no primary success, and was elected by delegates and won the vote because she wasn't Trump.

Primaries are there to weed out candidates the people don't want, so it's no wonder the fix had to be in to get this awful woman elected.

Edited by thaibeachlovers