Is a one-year, multi-entry marriage visa still available from HCMC?

I have been getting these through the e-visa portal and the Los Angeles consulate, but they are no longer available. Single-entry only now.

I know that they are still offering them through Savannakhet, but from Chiang Mai it is much easier to fly to HCMC.

Thanks

I looked and looked and couldn't find a single confirmed report of anyone going to the HCMC thai consulate to get a year long, multi-entry Non-O visa based on marriage to a thai since the covid sh*t-show ended and the countries opened back up ๐Ÿ˜•ย 

In fact I could only find ONE confirmed report of someone getting a 90 day single entry there

I'd say CALL them (they speak english just fine) and ask OR resign yourself to slogging to Savannakhet <- remember they now require you show 400K baht in a thai bank account in your name only for 2 months before you apply for the year/multi Non-O ย 

• Like 1

the multiple non-o is still there, same paper work, now you need appointment and adequate finance is required

https://hochiminh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/non-immigrant-o-accompanying-thai-spouse-and-family-members?page=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a7ab&menu=5d80ab3315e39c2fe800a7ac

ย 

show 400K baht in a thai bank account in your name only for 2 months before you apply for the year/multi Non-O

i don't think 2 month is require, just a prove you have the fundย 

Edited by jacey
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, jacey said:

the multiple non-o is still there, same paper work, now you need appointment and adequate finance is required

Can you point to a multi entry non O from HCMC in recent times.

I have seen denied applications at Hanoi.

Some comments re HCMC in attached thread.

OP, have you considered Savannakhet.

ย 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1308373-ho-chi-minh-multiple-entry-marriage-visa/

ย 

Thank you for the advice.

I called the Consulate and was told that everything is like before the pandemic and that they are still granting 1-year visas.

Follow up question: in case the above information is wrong, can one get a re-entry permit to transform a single-entry non-O visa into a multiple entry during the 90 days I would be stamped in for? I am asking because I need to travel abroad every month for treatment.

8 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

only for 2 months before you apply for the year/multi Non-O

Now they've added seasoning?

ย 

Absolute madness for a visa intended for people who don't live in Thailand and caused by those who abused it!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, PFV said:

Follow up question: in case the above information is wrong, can one get a re-entry permit to transform a single-entry non-O visa into a multiple entry during the 90 days I would be stamped in for?

NO, if you buy a 90 day single entry, you get stamped in ONE time for 90 days. A re-entry permit does not ADD time to that 90 days, just lets you exit/re-enter DURING that time and still get the 90 day expiration date on the stamp.ย 
You need to buy the year-long, multi-entry Non-O visa which is unlimited entry during the whole year the visa is valid for

1 hour ago, MangoKorat said:

Now they've added seasoning?

ย 

Absolute madness for a visa intended for people who don't live in Thailand and caused by those who abused it!

Yes, it is madness to require showing money to live with your wife - especially given there is no welfare here.ย  I am not aware of people "abusing" it - which would could only mean not being married to a Thai, based on the terms of the visa.

• Sad 1

In 2023 I went to HCMC to obtain non-O visa multiple entries based on marriage and got only single entry instead (very hostile attitude from the embassy stuff).

ย 

I've provided Thai bank statement + bank book with significantly more than 400k.

ย 

However, a guy working at the embassy that day, asked for more documents:

1) 12 months of transfers more than 40k monthly from abroad;

2) official letter from my company that should verify my yearly income.

ย 

For years I've been using tourist visas to live in Thailand and been told here and there to switch to appropriate "long" visa and everything will be okay. I did it. So what? Not really much better, rules and requirements still changing all the time (now some embassies require 400k even for single entry non-O while you can get DTV for 5 years with 500k).ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1