Minnesota Became a Sanctuary for Gender-Affirming Care Under Governor Walz's Leadership

Social Media

If anyone is wondering why the number of members has dropped to an all-time low. This article would be much of the reason.

I'm waiting for the website to change and put up unicorns and rainbows. We can't be that far off can we?

• Agree 2

On 8/11/2024 at 12:37 AM, billd766 said:

I will give you a hypothetical example to think about.

Your wife was raped by a number of men about 3 months ago who have never been traced or caught. She is in the hospital and you get a call from the doctor explaining that your wife is pregnant and unless she has an abortion she will die. By the state law he is not permitted to abort the unborn child.

You live in a state where the male governor has decreed that an abortion will not be permitted under ANY circumstances at all.

However you live close to the next state which does allow abortions though you may have to pay to save your wife's live. You don't have enough cash to pay for it and the insurance company will not pay for it either. 

So what will you do?

Take your wife to the next state where she can have an abortion, and if necessary beg or borrow the money?

Or let her die because some men in the state where you both live have passed a law stating that is is forbidden, despite the fact that she will die if she does not have an abortion?

Remember that this is a hypothetical case, but it can be real for some people.

Unfortunately, bad things happen to good people all the time. Life is unfair. Consider a man conscripted for an unpopular war that dies in that war. Is his fate less bad than the woman's?

The solution IMO is to either move to a different state, or vote the governor out.

I thought states that supported abortion are financially assisting people to get abortions if they are too poor themselves. Go fund me campaign?

• Like 1

On 8/11/2024 at 1:04 AM, stoner said:

i am firm supporter of my body my choice. however i also believe it should work both ways. if a woman tells me she is pregnant and i am the father.... i will simply say your body your choice. i do not wish to have a baby.

is that fair ? i should then be free of any obligation if that child is born. after all her body her choice right. 

Sadly, the law penalises the men, by forcing them to pay for a child they did not want and will probably never see

• Like 1

Tim Walz was elected governor of Minnesota in 2018, winning by 11 points.

The people of Minnesota re-elected him in 2022, winning by 7+ points.

Surely he wouldn't have been re-elected if he were some sort of "communist"?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

As I wrote the other day, taking notes on who is unable to intelligently debate US politics without mentioning the words fascist or communist.

Stop embarrassing yourselves. You and your extremist ilk are more of a problem than either candidate.

Thankfully, we should not forget that whilst you are very vocal, you are the minority. 

Give it a rest!  Who cares. 

Instead, let's talk about how the Democrats hate babies so much they believe in free abortions up to and after the baby is born.  

Edited by ricklev
  • Agree 1

On 8/10/2024 at 9:39 PM, JonnyF said:

Walz is a wolf in sheep's clothing. 

Forget the image of a fat old giggling white man who looks like an out of work insurance salesman. He is a dangerous extreme leftist. Americans should be very afraid. 

Being from MN I agree with you 100% He has destroyed MN trying to make it another CA

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Tim Walz was elected governor of Minnesota in 2018, winning by 11 points.

The people of Minnesota re-elected him in 2022, winning by 7+ points.

Surely he wouldn't have been re-elected if he were some sort of "communist"?

MN is a welfare state, naturally he is going to get the votes of all of the free loaders, people come from other states because our benefits are better.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, flexomike said:

MN is a welfare state, naturally he is going to get the votes of all of the free loaders, people come from other states because our benefits are better.

Whoops....

Minnesota typically has lower unemployment rates compared to many other states. The state has a strong and diverse economy, with key industries including manufacturing, healthcare, agriculture, and technology. Minnesota’s emphasis on education, skilled labor, and a high quality of life also contribute to its relatively low unemployment rates.

4 hours ago, realfunster said:

As I wrote the other day, taking notes on who is unable to intelligently debate US politics without mentioning the words fascist or communist.

Stop embarrassing yourselves. You and your extremist ilk are more of a problem than either candidate.

Thankfully, we should not forget that whilst you are very vocal, you are the minority. 

Who are you supporting and what country are you from?

• Agree 1

On 8/10/2024 at 9:50 PM, Jeff the Chef said:

I don't think you have ever met a extreme left-winger Jonny, Walz is at worst a little bit liberal.

His requirement that tampons be made available in men's toilets is something more than 'a little bit liberal'. Doesn't make him necessarily an extreme left winger, but does make him extremely odd.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Whoops....

Minnesota typically has lower unemployment rates compared to many other states. The state has a strong and diverse economy, with key industries including manufacturing, healthcare, agriculture, and technology. Minnesota’s emphasis on education, skilled labor, and a high quality of life also contribute to its relatively low unemployment rates.

What is this, something from 1960, I lived there for over 65 years and right now that is completly wrong, any metro area is unsafe at night, lots of car jackings and thefts everyday, basically left unpunished. One of the highest taxed states in the country which has caused many companies to move to South Dakota. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

His requirement that tampons be made available in men's toilets is something more than 'a little bit liberal'. Doesn't make him necessarily an extreme left winger, but does make him extremely odd.

walz.jpg

• Love It 1

52 minutes ago, Mazungu said:

I would agree with you if it was true. 

I

It is a fact Jack, don't let the truth blur your brain

52 minutes ago, Mazungu said:

I would agree with you if it was true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flexomike said:

I

It is a fact Jack, don't let the truth blur your brain

You should probably get out of your right-wing bubble if you want the truth. See my post on the first page of this thread. 

• Love It 1

On 8/10/2024 at 6:40 PM, Mazungu said:

The right wants to call Walz Tampon Tim. The real story here is Compassionate Tim. The Minnesota law doesn't specify in which bathrooms the menstrual supplies must be located. It requires school districts to develop plans to ensure all students who menstruate can access free tampons and pads. It's unclear how many transgender children could benefit from free menstrual supplies, the impact is mostly felt by the millions of girls who experience so-called "period poverty" or the inability to afford pads and tampons. About one in four teenagers who menstruate struggle to pay for period products, according to the advocacy group  Alliance for Period Supplies. So again there is no such thing as a "Compassionate Conservative." 

yeah he was really compassionate when he watched Minneapolis burn down during the BLM Antifa riots

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, flexomike said:

yeah he was really compassionate when he watched Minneapolis burn down during the BLM Antifa riots

I guess Trump has a different opinion than you. 

• Love It 1