question about re-entry permit

Sister-in-law had to leave in emergency trip to China, family matters, received call in the evening and had to fly in the morning, no time to apply for re-entry permit, and she didn't know she could have allied at airport. She has Non O visa based on my brother retirement visa, their visa expires this October, brother didn't leave he is here, her passport was expiring at year's end, she just got a new one but all visa stamps on old passport, questions are,

1- can she enter using old passport with all visa on it and may pay re-entry permit fine showing or

2- should she show the new passport, not mention the visa, Chinese can enter visa free, then new passport has entry date. After arrival, go to see IMO and explain the situation and maybe pay the fine then with office, in October she can transfer all stamps to new passport

Appreciate the advice

She can't get a re-entry on her return so option 1 is out.  So it's an easy choice - not sure what "fine" you think she may have to pay as she won't have done anything wrong, although will have to start the piggy back process all over.

if she had a visa or extension an did not get a re entry permit.

The visa/extension is finished ...

she can come in visa exempt for 30 days, pay for a 30 day extension if she wants

have never heard of anyone getting a NON O off of a brother but if she did.  good for her
BUT she will need start all over

6 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

if she had a visa or extension an did not get a re entry permit.

The visa/extension is finished ...

she can come in visa exempt for 30 days, pay for a 30 day extension if she wants

have never heard of anyone getting a NON O off of a brother but if she did.  good for her
BUT she will need start all over

she is married to my brother, brother's wife, you got confused, brother has retirement, and she is on his retirement visa, very common

9 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

She can't get a re-entry on her return so option 1 is out.  So it's an easy choice - not sure what "fine" you think she may have to pay as she won't have done anything wrong, although will have to start the piggy back process all over.

thanks, then they have to redo all the damn paper work and my brother not in very good shape to deal with it, let's see

49 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

thanks, then they have to redo all the damn paper work and my brother not in very good shape to deal with it, let's see

would she have to get the non immigrant visa outside the country, to start off the piggy backing husband extension

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes

please close topic, have all necessary information from IMO officer, thanks for all the feedback