UK Schools to Combat Fake News and Extremism in Curriculum Overhaul

Social Media

Just now, RuamRudy said:

Is this standard or an aberration? 

Ask an anthropologist. I don't know. I really don't think it matters. Eating your political and tribal opponents in any circumstance is pretty much off the scale as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

What are British values and how do they differ from Rwandan values?

Not hacking up 3 pre teen children with a machete at the age of 17 with the intention of killing many more.

I suggest you learn a bit about recent Rwandan history before suggesting the cultures are similar  

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, James105 said:

This is a lie.  The riots were fuelled by 3 little girls being killed and many others stabbed at a Taylor Swift dance class.   The details that he was a 2nd generation Rwandan immigrant were released way before people started rioting.  

Indeed, however, it's no secret that there is a very large group that belief what they see on social media and disbelieve mainstream media. 

Even on here we are regularly told not to believe what we read in MSM.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Celsius said:

No one complain about Thailand politics anymore after this.....including myself.

UK is a third world chithole jailing citizens over online posts while rapists and stabbers are let go.

A perfect example of misinformation.

Sounds like you you'd benefit from sitting in one of the planned, new classes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The idea that a couple from somewhere like Rawanda can land in Britain and give birth to a child and that child will hold British values and integrate is ridiculous. 

Not quite as ridiculous as that post Jonny.

Almost all the UK’s rightwing political leaders you fawn over are first generation British, their parents born overseas, one in particular wasn’t even born in the UK.

I suggest you accept this outburst of rightwing lawlessness and thuggery are over, those responsible are being held accountable under the law.

It might be good idea to let go and go back to pretending you’re not what your posts over the past week have revealed you to be.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The idea that a couple from somewhere like Rawanda can land in Britain and give birth to a child and that child will hold British values and integrate is ridiculous. 

Almost all the UK’s rightwing political leaders you fawn over are first generation British, their parents born overseas, one in particular wasn’t even born in the UK.

I suggest you accept this outburst of rightwing lawlessness and thuggery are over, those responsible are being held accountable under the law.

It might be good idea to let go and go back to pretending you’re not what your posts over the past week have revealed you to be.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It comes as no surprise whatsoever that you don’t understand the term ‘critical thinking’.

The events of the past week demonstrate precisely how ‘dangerous’ it is to the rightwing.

Or left wing.

It's easier not to discriminate in these situations.

Anyone pertaining to be on either wing will not spend much time with critical thinking. That's the point of their views. They believe and nothing will change that belief.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Social Media said:

the government has announced a significant overhaul of the school curriculum to equip children with the skills needed to identify and combat extremist content and fake news online. The Education Secretary, Bridget Phillipson, has revealed plans to embed critical thinking lessons

Flat out oppression, government restrictions on free thinking and speech, regulating questioning minds. This has nothing to do with equipping children with skills, it’s designed for indoctrination. Serious mental health issues going on over there in the UK. Thank goodness for the US having the first amendment and the second amendment to defend it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Heard you the first time dear...

Beta blockers can prevent the shakes... just saying.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Or left wing.

It's easier not to discriminate in these situations.

Anyone pertaining to be on either wing will not spend much time with critical thinking. That's the point of their views. They believe and nothing will change that belief.

That I agree with.

Though this proposal is clearly linked to the violence of the past week, which I have clearly stated on a number of occasions is not of the left or right, but of a completely different t beast, the far/extreme right.

The teaching of critical thinking is a very positive thing.

Though not for those who would manipulate people, be they any form of extremist, political, religious or even criminals such con artists and scammers

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Pretend? You could never pretend to be anything other than an extreme leftist.

Someone who supports discrimination on racial terms on the pretense it is positive discrimination. 

Discrimination on racial grounds? I think there is a name for that starting with R. Own it. That's exactly what you are. The thing you accuse others of being.

Nothing worse than a self loathing liberal.

Jonny, please accept my sincere apologies for having pointed out the ridiculous hypocrisy of your last post.

I won’t do it again, until you post other such risible nonsense.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Not really. Not when you consider the idea of observational learning. The suspect in the Southport was born and raised initially in Cardiff. An area of 73% white Welsh/British. He would have learnt the values of his peers and integrated.

It seems he has a mental condition. A condition that led to him being a recluse. He had no digital footprint.

Mental health issues don't discriminate. They can affect any creed, colour or religion. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Not hacking up 3 pre teen children with a machete at the age of 17 with the intention of killing many more.

I suggest you learn a bit about recent Rwandan history before suggesting the cultures are similar  

Stabbed. Not hacked up. Knife attack. Not machete.

Are you suggesting there have never been any teenage child killers of UK citizenship?

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I asked what are British values. 

But are you seriously trying to claim that Rwandan people all exhibit the traits of 1 Welsh born boy? Are they all defined by a deliberately manufactured madness which evolved into a horror that claimed many innocent lives?

If there was any truth in that, British values (if they actually existed) would be defined by the worst periods of British history. 

But humanity is at its best when it overcomes adversity. Rwandan values might be identified as forgiveness and reconciliation, not hatred. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, James105 said:

He doesn't want them to learn "critical thinking".  He literally wants them to be indoctrinated with group think.  Remember the teacher that actually taught critical thinking in a lesson?  He was fired for it:

https://scnr.com/article/teacher-from-viral-jk-rowling-critical-thinking-video-fired-from-college_a91f8d69117011ef9c930242ac1c0002

It's a nice idea, but the actual definition of transphobic, or the way it is applied, involves pretty much saying anything negative about trans people.  I.e. if you have a different opinion to any pro-trans idea, such as saying that you think trans women should not be allowed in female bathrooms, you're being transphobic.

Even in this video, where both speakers agree that "I won't impose on you and you won't impose on me" would be viewed as transphobic, as it goes against the key idea of trans women being allowed in female bathrooms.

Also, it's a little odd that they only discuss one random tweet, when obviously there are many things that Rowling has done that people have said is transphobic.

I actually think this might be staged.

A good idea, in theory.

As long as their version of "critical thinking" doesn't mean believing anything a left-wing news source tells you and disbelieving everything else.

"And should you believe this?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because it says something negative about non-White people, which means whoever said it is a right-wing Nazi thug."

"Good job comrades class.  You're really thinking critically!  Now it's time for your self-criticism session."

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

when obviously there are many things that Rowling has done that people have said is transphobic

Can you give me an example of something you think she has said that is transphobic?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James105 said:

He doesn't want them to learn "critical thinking".  He literally wants them to be indoctrinated with group think.  Remember the teacher that actually taught critical thinking in a lesson?  He was fired for it:

That’s an odd claim given I’ve never made any such statement.

Maybe others having their own thoughts is such a problem for you that you have to invent thoughts on their behalf.

40 minutes ago, James105 said:

Can you give me an example of something you think she has said that is transphobic?

Not really.  I'm not really a supporter of the idea of "transphobia" in the first place, given that, as I said, it basically means anything that goes against anything pro-trans.

What people claim are transphobic statements from Rowling basically boil down to the idea that women shouldn't have to have people with male bodies in their private spaces, simply because they identify as women.  And I agree that women should have that protection and privacy, even if that makes trans women feel bad.

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Because of course critical thinking is such a threat.

And so the gov't of the Islamic Republic of the UK is now busy forcefully attempting to suppress critical thinking and free speech. Doing so in the school system is an integral part of it, of course. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

And so the gov't of the Islamic Republic of the UK is now busy forcefully attempting to suppress critical thinking and free speech. Doing so in the school system is an integral part of it, of course. 

Bat Guano crazy stuff.

You don’t even try to disguise it with a semblance of reality.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1