Australia Rachael Gunn’s Breakdance Olympic Journey in the Face of Social Media Criticism

Social Media

11 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Some forms of African-American "jazz dance" were similar to modern  breaking.  Take a look at:

and 

Breaking as we think of it today emerged in the 1970s in the South Bronx as part of the hip hop culture pioneered by DJ  Kool Herc.

I don't know why so many people are down on Raygun.  Her kangeroo dance that scored zero points belongs in the same tradition as GB ski jumper Eddy the Eagle and the Jamaican  national bobsled team.  The public loves a grand loser almost as much as a winner.  

Thank you. Yes I saw these yesterday. enjoyed the music.

Rachel Gunn is no dummy.  She knew she would be chanceless against the world's best b-girls, so she chose a style that was the antithesis of good breaking.  She became a viral sensation and won herself not an Olympic medal but instant international fame. Even Australia's Prime Minister is talking about her! At the very least, her kangaroo dance will make her a million dollars from appearing in TV commercials and from whatever social media channel she starts.  Burger King uses the slogan, "Have it your way," and I can already see underdog Raygun proclaiming that slogan proudly.

She'll write a book and get huge fees from celebrity performances and motivational speaking all over the world.  She'll be guest on every talk show in the English-speaking world.  Australians are always popular in the U.S. and I'm sure about 1,000 American talent agents have already contacted her. 

How much do you think the Murdoch tabloids will pay her for her story? Or if she poses topless in Playboy?  She has a solid academic background and could become to dance and culture what Steve Irwin was to wombats and crocodiles. Her possibilities are endless.

Perhaps the most apt comparison is to singer William Hung.  One  of the worst auditions ever on American Idol turned him into a celebrity with a cult following. He made three albums, did commercials, had bit parts on TV shows and a starring role in a Hong Kong film.  One of his albums sold 200,000 copies and reached Number One on Billboard's Top Independent Album Chart.  Not because it was good, but because it was so charmingly bad.

From a laughing stock in his 2004 audition, he returned as a well-regarded performer on American Idol in 2022.

Edited by Evil Penevil

On 8/13/2024 at 5:32 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Some people just don't get embarrassed. 

Why is a 36yo woman breakdanceing, representing Australia, leave it for the young one's. 

A true candidate for an appearance on OnlyFans, she'd make a fortune, maybe she could try some weird sexual positions doing the kangaroo thing. 

Then blaming misogyny for the remarks made about her. "I wouldn't have the same response if I were  a bloke".

On 8/13/2024 at 2:24 PM, sqwakvfr said:

Then why didn't the IOC giver Raygun a participation medal for her  effort as an older olympian? 

Not like school sports day in UK where every participant gets a gong irrespective of finishing position. 

7 hours ago, Lancelot01 said:

Then blaming misogyny for the remarks made about her. "I wouldn't have the same response if I were  a bloke".

I mentioned gender because the retarded bitch will now be a star on OnlyFans. 

Doesn't matter how mentally ill a bloke is, he's not earning a living on OnlyFans. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Rachel Gunn is no dummy.  She knew she would be chanceless against the world's best b-girls, so she chose a style that was the antithesis of good breaking.  She became a viral sensation and won herself not an Olympic medal but instant international fame. Even Australia's Prime Minister is talking about her! At the very least, her kangaroo dance will make her a million dollars from appearing in TV commercials and from whatever social media channel she starts.  Burger King uses the slogan, "Have it your way," and I can already see underdog Raygun proclaiming that slogan proudly.

She'll write a book and get huge fees from celebrity performances and motivational speaking all over the world.  She'll be guest on every talk show in the English-speaking world.  Australians are always popular in the U.S. and I'm sure about 1,000 American talent agents have already contacted her. 

How much do you think the Murdoch tabloids will pay her for her story? Or if she poses topless in Playboy?  She has a solid academic background and could become to dance and culture what Steve Irwin was to wombats and crocodiles. Her possibilities are endless.

Perhaps the most apt comparison is to singer William Hung.  One  of the worst auditions ever on American Idol turned him into a celebrity with a cult following. He made three albums, did commercials, had bit parts on TV shows and a starring role in a Hong Kong film.  One of his albums sold 200,000 copies and reached Number One on Billboard's Top Independent Album Chart.  Not because it was good, but because it was so charmingly bad.

From a laughing stock in his 2004 audition, he returned as a well-regarded performer on American Idol in 2022.

This controversy about nothing much reminds me of THAT dance by Ricky Gervaise in The Office. Just remembering that makes me belly laugh.