Bus Collides with Truck in Sing Buri: 22 Injured

IMG_4346.jpeg
Picture from responders.

At 16:00 on August 12, the Sing Buri Hospital Emergency Response Center received a report of a serious accident involving a regular inter provincial bus that rear-ended a truck, resulting in multiple injuries. The accident occurred at Km 86 point, on Highway 32.

Volunteer rescue teams were dispatched to the scene, where they discovered a total of 22 individuals injured. Two of the injured were trapped inside the vehicle. Rescue volunteers successfully used hydraulic rescue tools to free the trapped passengers, who were then safely extricated.

All injured individuals were subsequently handed over to Sing Buri Hospital's emergency services for further transportation and treatment.

The cause of the incident is under investigation by police.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-12

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

Wow... the front of that bus is caved in. Seems pretty obvious the cause. The truck was either stopped or going so slow to make a turn and the bus failed to see it and stop in time. 22 injuries I sympathize with all involved. Perhaps the driver fell asleep. They travel in the speed lane all too often and when an accident happens they rarely give sufficient compensation to the injured parties. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thai drivers and their damn phones! 

Rear end crashes are so common here....obviously not all drivers are blind...but most use phones endlessly from what we see......

Police don't care...they're the same!

9 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Wow... the front of that bus is caved in. Seems pretty obvious the cause. The truck was either stopped or going so slow to make a turn and the bus failed to see it and stop in time. 22 injuries I sympathize with all involved. Perhaps the driver fell asleep. They travel in the speed lane all too often and when an accident happens they rarely give sufficient compensation to the injured parties. 

Usually the case, although this one appears to be in the so-called "slow " lane !

My wife stopped in at a "Driving School" yesterday  to inquire about the details   etc,,,

the program consists of  ( pay 4000 baht )

Day 1       in a classroom about  8hours ..   going over basic theory and signage    

Days  2 & 3        2 hours each manuevering a car on an on site course

Day  4                2 hours driving on the street

Day 5       take the on site road test on the facility course, then the basic DLT  Color Blind Test, Reaction Test, and Depth Perception Test

if you pass,,   they issue you a certificate   you then hurridly run over to DLT and get photographed and pay your fee and voila.. you're licended

I asked the woman if they provide safety helments...for the instructor !

when we left..  I told my wife,,   "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT !