Heroic Security Guard Stops Leicester Square Knife Attack: Two Injured in Horrific Incident

Social Media

19 hours ago, candide said:

A white attacker and a Muslim hero who stopped the attack. The perfect conditions for a crime thread to be deserted by (far) right-wing posters! 😃

35 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

This topic has absolutely nothing to do with Islamist terrorists.

It doesn't have anything to do with religion either but those on the left highlight he is a muslim (example provided).  Did you complain about this comment?  

If the left do not want Islam to be associated with the thousands of bad things they do then perhaps avoiding bringing their religion into the occasional good thing they do might be a start, otherwise that is known as 'having cake and eating it'.  

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Just out of curiosity - please tell us what you would have done.  Now remember that you are security guard and hired to to protect customers.  He did what 99% of security guards would have done from what we know of the situation?  We haven't seen a video and know practically nothing about how it went down.

I guarantee you that if I was the security guard, I would have intervened.  Could you imagine if there was a video of him doing nothing.  I wouldn't be unable to show my face in public.  Bravery ?  Yes but really I just see it as commendable act in that he did his job in it seems in a perfect manner other than stopping the stabbing in the first place.  Again we have very little info but a hero is a stretch and being honored by the King that has been suggested is hilarious.  It might happen but still hilarious.  

I have absolutely no idea what I would have done.

I hope I would have displayed the same speed of response and selfless bravery as this young man Abdullah did, but I just don’t know.

I don’t think anyone knows.

It really is a case of come the hour, come the man; Abdullah was the right man in the right place at the right time.

However I do know I have absolutely no problem recognizing and expressing without reservation my admiration for his selfless bravery.

Sadly, some can’t bring themselves to do even that, while claiming they themselves would be guaranteed heroes.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, James105 said:

It doesn't have anything to do with religion either but those on the left highlight he is a muslim (example provided).  Did you complain about this comment?  

If the left do not want Islam to be associated with the thousands of bad things they do then perhaps avoiding bringing their religion into the occasional good thing they do might be a start, otherwise that is known as 'having cake and eating it'.  

I think my own comments are limited to the brave young man having an Islamic name.

53 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Related to Abdullah’s brave actions how?

Addullah's are one in a million, Islamists involved in terror attacks are an almost daily atrocity as instructed by their religion and example of their fake prophet who admitted to using terror. It has been the left who have been promoting him as a heroic muslim, if he is that will be in spite of this dreadful ideology, not because if it.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I have absolutely no idea what I would have done.

I hope I would have displayed the same speed of response and selfless bravery as this young man Abdullah did, but I just don’t know.

I don’t think anyone knows.

It really is a case of come the hour, come the man; Abdullah was the right man in the right place at the right time.

However I do know I have absolutely no problem recognizing and expressing without reservation my admiration for his selfless bravery.

Sadly, some can’t bring themselves to do even that, while claiming they themselves would be guaranteed heroes.

OK, makes sense for the most part.  I have never seen a security not act in a similar manner but only making big assumptions because I don't "really" know what went down.  He was successful which is great but he did allow the stabbing in the first place.  Hard to be perfect 🙂

• Confused 1

Just now, proton said:

Addullah's are one in a million, Islamists involved in terror attacks are an almost daily atrocity as instructed by their religion and example of their fake prophet who admitted to using terror. It has been the left who have been promoting him as a heroic muslim, if he is that will be in spite of this dreadful ideology, not because if it.

Ludicrously triggered nonsense.

The Abdullah in this news story is obviously a very brave young man. 

I have no idea if he’s a Muslim.

You clearly don’t like the possibility that a young man being regarded as a hero might be a Muslim. 

Not that I’m saying you’re bitter and twisted.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, atpeace said:

OK, makes sense for the most part.  I have never seen a security not act in a similar manner but only making big assumptions because I don't "really" know what went down.  He was successful which is great but he did allow the stabbing in the first place.  Hard to be perfect 🙂

He didn’t ‘allow the stabbing’ 

He clearly stated he heard screams and then saw a guy stabbing a child.

Incredibly swift and selfless bravery saving that child’s life.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Don't worry. There'll be some comments soon that the culprit shouted Allāhu ʾakbar  as he committed the crime. 😄😄

Why, was this one 'Welsh' as well?

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Ludicrously triggered nonsense.

The Abdullah in this news story is obviously a very brave young man. 

I have no idea if he’s a Muslim.

You clearly don’t like the possibility that a young man being regarded as a hero might be a Muslim. 

Not that I’m saying you’re bitter and twisted.

That's your claim as it's what you want to believe, I am waiting for the cctv footage before I make up my mind. No body else seems to have supported his version of events so far. For now he's the token hero of the kum ba yar brigade.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Whilst MAGA itself may not be commonly used in other countries, the underlying political ethos of nationalism, populism, and xenophobia that it represents has certainly found echoes in other parts of the world where ignorance and bigotry thrives.

Precisely, Trump supporters, both foreign and domestic.

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He didn’t ‘allow the stabbing’ 

He clearly stated he heard screams and then saw a guy stabbing a child.

Incredibly swift and selfless bravery saving that child’s life.

He was a security guard and a sketchy individual was in the place he was securing.  I'm not saying I would have anticipated what happened without knowing any details but just saying he didn't secure the place.

He did a spectacular job after the the stabbing from the little info we have.  You are determined to make him a hero when you really know VERY little of the situation.

You seem a little racist to be honest.  If he was white would you feel the same.   IMO, from what i know, he should get a pay bump and a few days off.  He looks to be unharmed with not even slight injuries from subduing a skinny crazy dude with a knife. At 57 I could do that with no problem 99% of the time.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

• Star Member
  • Advanced Member
:

Whilst MAGA itself may not be commonly used in other countries, the underlying political ethos of nationalism, populism, and xenophobia that it represents has certainly found echoes in other parts of the world where ignorance and bigotry thrives.

So all Trump supporters are ignorant and bigots?  Do you even grasp the idiocy of that statement you made?  Grow up...  Grap the solar installers are early- got to go.  March on being a bigot.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, atpeace said:
  • Star Member
  • Advanced Member
:

So all Trump supporters are ignorant and bigots?  Do you even grasp the idiocy of that statement you made?  Grow up...  Grap the solar installers are early- got to go.  March on being a bigot.

Your first question is a non sequitur.

Your second reads like a confession.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Pickwick said:

Good for you. I am aware that Thailand is full of tough farang, many with backgrounds in the special forces.

No just a 75 kilo dude in good shape.  What are you going on about. 

So if you were faced with a skinny kid that was talking to himself that proceeded to stab a girl and you were a security guard, you would have been unable to help?  Doesn't take a special forces to handle this situation. 

Sounds like you would have just watched.  That's OK but fortunately 99% of security guards are not like you.  The security guard in this case handled the situation admirably from the little we know.

50 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your first question is a non sequitur.

Your second reads like a confession.

Cute, deflect and trying to use big words. Adorable...

You are a bigot using any definition of the word.  Stop being such a disgusting individual and show ethics.  The manner that you interact with groups you disagree with is usually an accurate reflection of who you are more than them.  Being a bigot is not a something to be proud of as you seem to be.  I give you the benefit of the doubt and feel  you are too dense to grasp your own bigotry.  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, atpeace said:
  • Star Member
  • Advanced Member
:

Not all of them, of course! Only the ones who truely believe ridiculous conspiracy theories such as Pizzagate, Birther, and the Big Lie. 😁

35 minutes ago, rocketboy2 said:

Well done that man. :thumbsup:

ddddddd.PNG

For what? we still only have his claims for what her did, a real hero might have said nothing. Still no verification from all the other people there to back him up.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

13 minutes ago, proton said:

For what? we still only have his claims for what her did, a real hero might have said nothing. Still no verification from all the other people there to back him up.

What a star,  you are. :sad:

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

He was the security guard, that is his job 

A pretty corny call on your part as we can assume he was a security guard for one of the local shops and not there to safeguard the general public, that is the role of the police force. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Artisi said:

A pretty corny call on your part as we can assume he was a security guard for one of the local shops and not there to safeguard the general public, that is the role of the police force. 

The police are busy scouring the internet for hurty words.  Their role has changed so the UK will be more reliant on security guards going forwards.   

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, James105 said:

And It's not like there would have been a particular context of a previous crime for which Muslims have been falsely blamed (including in this forum), which would have justified my comment! 😃

Is it also the fault of the "left" if far right mobs have recently assaulted mosques because of that? 🤣

Edited by candide

1 hour ago, atpeace said:

So if you were faced with a skinny kid that was talking to himself that proceeded to stab a girl and you were a security guard, you would have been unable to help?

Er, no. Nowhere in my post did I mention myself or what I would or wouldn't do. When we are talking about a man who actually did something in the real world, I am happy to praise him, without needing to tell everyone that I would have simply done the same -  from the safety of my keyboard.

Yet when talking about the man who actually did something, you needed to tell us all that at the age of 57 you would have no problem tackling a man with a knife. Why did you need to tell us that? Was your point simply to belittle the bloke who did tackle a man with a knife? Why you need to do that is anybody's guess.

2 hours ago, atpeace said:

Sounds like you would have just watched. 

Making stuff up again. I ended with 'good for you' - a compliment - because at 57 you are quite a bit older than me. Good that you still feel fit and able, though irrelevant to the thread.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

It doesn't, It means Make America Great again and its Donald Trumps slogan used by him and his supporters