Heroic Security Guard Stops Leicester Square Knife Attack: Two Injured in Horrific Incident

Social Media

33 minutes ago, proton said:

One falsely claimed and understandable considering stabbings and bombings are their preferred methods of attacks. One mosque had a few demonstrators outside, oh dear at least it was not burned down like churches in Muslim countries. Muslims are the major cause of terrorism worldwide, but never miss an opportunity to play the victims.

Also didn't miss the opportunity to 'play' the hero, it seems...

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, atpeace said:

He was a security guard and a sketchy individual was in the place he was securing.  I'm not saying I would have anticipated what happened without knowing any details but just saying he didn't secure the place.

Incorrect.

I stopped reading after that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, atpeace said:

Cute, deflect and trying to use big words. Adorable...

You are a bigot using any definition of the word.  Stop being such a disgusting individual and show ethics.  The manner that you interact with groups you disagree with is usually an accurate reflection of who you are more than them.  Being a bigot is not a something to be proud of as you seem to be.  I give you the benefit of the doubt and feel  you are too dense to grasp your own bigotry.  

I was going to start my post with "on reflection". Then I realised that's what you are looking at.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

He was working. He can't walk away from his job. 

He has to if the Police want him to go to the station and make a statement, working has nothing to do with it where an attempted murder is concerned, and he is claiming he stopped it. Still no cctv or witnesses to back him up.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

stupid comment wouldn't you say just after all the recent riots - luckily, they weren't relying of the local security guards to bring it all under control.

Factual comment you mean?

"And then there was Stephen Parkinson, the director of public prosecutions for England and Wales. He took to social media to warn the populace against sharing news of the country’s riots online. Law enforcement is “scouring” the internet for harmful content, he said. "

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/amy-hamm-free-speech-isnt-a-threat-to-the-u-k-censorship-is

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, James105 said:

Factual comment you mean?

"And then there was Stephen Parkinson, the director of public prosecutions for England and Wales. He took to social media to warn the populace against sharing news of the country’s riots online. Law enforcement is “scouring” the internet for harmful content, he said. "

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/amy-hamm-free-speech-isnt-a-threat-to-the-u-k-censorship-is

Harmful content- AKA information the government does not want to be known about

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, James105 said:

The police are busy scouring the internet for hurty words.  Their role has changed so the UK will be more reliant on security guards going forwards.   

Oh dear....such a reach.....must have pulled a muscle or two with that one.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pickwick said:

Er, no. Nowhere in my post did I mention myself or what I would or wouldn't do. When we are talking about a man who actually did something in the real world, I am happy to praise him, without needing to tell everyone that I would have simply done the same -  from the safety of my keyboard.

Yet when talking about the man who actually did something, you needed to tell us all that at the age of 57 you would have no problem tackling a man with a knife. Why did you need to tell us that? Was your point simply to belittle the bloke who did tackle a man with a knife? Why you need to do that is anybody's guess.

Making stuff up again. I ended with 'good for you' - a compliment - because at 57 you are quite a bit older than me. Good that you still feel fit and able, though irrelevant to the thread.

Maybe I mistakenly misread your last statement as a jibe.  My bad if that was the case. 

As for you mentioning what you would have done.  I never stated you mentioned what you would have done.  I simply asked what you would have done.  I've been in situations that are frightening and in the moment and have acted appropriately.  Once 30 years ago, I didn't and it all ended well but I beat myself up for being a coward.  Probably been other situations but none come to mind.

Why I mentioned myself you ask.  To give context to my statement. I'm practically a senior citizen and would pounce quickly on a scrawny kid stabbing a girl with a knife.  I assume you would do the same.  

I'm rambling 🙂 I concede, he is a hero by todays standards but I think most on this thread would have done the same in the same situation. I guess most of us are heroes that only need the opportunity to be heroic.

Edited by atpeace

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

I was going to start my post with "on reflection". Then I realised that's what you are looking at.

"I was going to start my post with "on reflection". Then I realised that's what you are looking at."

Hmm, I think you are trying to use the joke that has been used to boredom but somehow messed it up.

Let me help you insult me:

I was going to start my post with "on reflection" but I realized what you would be looking at.

Still not funny but you get the point.  Your version is like the unfunny kid trying too hard to be funny and failing miserably.  Your welcome 🙂

14 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Have you been to Millwall as an away supporter ?

I grant you the old place could be a bit dicey for an away fan, but the "New" Den is about as dangerous as a Buck Palace garden party.

I should know as I alternate between the two😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RayC said:

I grant you the old place could be a bit dicey for an away fan, but the "New" Den is about as dangerous as a Buck Palace garden party.

I should know as I alternate between the two😉

My point was that when there was a previous thwarting of an attack and a Millwall fan stopped the the knife wielding  attacker by disarming him,  there then wasn't people telling me how nice Millwall fans are and that they aren't violent hooligans .

I was just comparing the responses .

Why is this Muslim treating differently to the Mill wall supporter ? 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, proton said:

He has to if the Police want him to go to the station and make a statement, working has nothing to do with it where an attempted murder is concerned, and he is claiming he stopped it. Still no cctv or witnesses to back him up.

I was referring to the claim he hung around to do interviews. He didn't. He was working.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, atpeace said:

"I was going to start my post with "on reflection". Then I realised that's what you are looking at."

Hmm, I think you are trying to use the joke that has been used to boredom but somehow messed it up.

Let me help you insult me:

I was going to start my post with "on reflection" but I realized what you would be looking at.

Still not funny but you get the point.  Your version is like the unfunny kid trying too hard to be funny and failing miserably.  Your welcome 🙂

Your version is grammatically incorrect. That's funny in itself. 

I like the use of "your". That's funny too.

6 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Your version is grammatically incorrect. That's funny in itself. 

I like the use of "your". That's funny too.

How is that funny? It is grammatically incorrect just as many thing I state here and Definately you.  You really are a bore.

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

My point was that when there was a previous thwarting of an attack and a Millwall fan stopped the the knife wielding  attacker by disarming him,  there then wasn't people telling me how nice Millwall fans are and that they aren't violent hooligans .

I was just comparing the responses .

Why is this Muslim treating differently to the Mill wall supporter ? 

Any sensible person would reslise and understand there is good and bad everywhere.

Not all Millwall fans are hooligans just like not all Muslims attack people or terrorise.

In most cases, regardless of race, religion, sexuality, sexual preference, etc, it's the 1% that spoil it for others.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Any sensible person would reslise and understand there is good and bad everywhere.

Not all Millwall fans are hooligans just like not all Muslims attack people or terrorise.

In most cases, regardless of race, religion, sexuality, sexual preference, etc, it's the 1% that spoil it for others.

Yes, by why in this  case must it be emphasised that not all Muslims are bad people , yet that wasn't the case with Millwall fans when one behaved in a similar way  ?

30 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, by why in this  case must it be emphasised that not all Muslims are bad people , yet that wasn't the case with Millwall fans when one behaved in a similar way  ?

Like I said "any sensible person". 

How many people have said what you claim?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Perhaps the reason is that when a crime is actually committed by a Muslim many people imply that this is the norm for people of that faith. There are any number of examples of this in previous threads in this forum. It is clearly nonsense but some feel that it is necessary to stress highlight the fact when counter examples come to pass.

As I said previously, the overwhelming majority of people are law abiding, be they Atheist, Buddhist, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Pagan or Millwall supporter.

4 hours ago, RayC said:

Perhaps the reason is that when a crime is actually committed by a Muslim many people imply that this is the norm for people of that faith. There are any number of examples of this in previous threads in this forum. It is clearly nonsense but some feel that it is necessary to stress highlight the fact when counter examples come to pass.

As I said previously, the overwhelming majority of people are law abiding, be they Atheist, Buddhist, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Pagan or Millwall supporter.

It's this lack of acknowledgement that there is a problem amongst certain communities (not present in others such as Atheist, Jews, Christians, Pagans, Millwall supporters etc), that come from cultures that treat women/children 'differently' to how women are treated in the west that is making the west a more dangerous place for women.   Take the following story about violent crimes against women on public transport which has increased 50% as an example.  What do you think the reason for this is if you were to hazard a guess?

https://www.itv.com/news/2024-08-14/violent-crimes-against-women-on-britains-trains-jump-by-more-than-50?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1723614464

If the UK is to ever become a cohesive and safe society again the bigotry of low expectations really needs to stop and highly uncomfortable conversations acknowledging the problems need to take place and then potential solutions can be debated fully.   Instead of doing this the proposals I am hearing is to give women separate carriages, something that has not been needed since the 1830s. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, James105 said:

It's this lack of acknowledgement that there is a problem amongst certain communities (not present in others such as Atheist, Jews, Christians, Pagans, Millwall supporters etc), that come from cultures that treat women/children 'differently' to how women are treated in the west that is making the west a more dangerous place for women.   Take the following story about violent crimes against women on public transport which has increased 50% as an example.  What do you think the reason for this is if you were to hazard a guess?

https://www.itv.com/news/2024-08-14/violent-crimes-against-women-on-britains-trains-jump-by-more-than-50?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1723614464

If the UK is to ever become a cohesive and safe society again the bigotry of low expectations really needs to stop and highly uncomfortable conversations acknowledging the problems need to take place and then potential solutions can be debated fully.   Instead of doing this the proposals I am hearing is to give women separate carriages, something that has not been needed since the 1830s. 

Acknowledgement of what?

The only things that I can gauge from the report and videos is that 1) unfortunately, violent crimes against women on LT are on the increase and 2) part - but by no means all - of this increase may be due to an increased willingness of women to support such incidents.

Perhaps you can spell out what I missed?

1 hour ago, RayC said:

Acknowledgement of what?

The only things that I can gauge from the report and videos is that 1) unfortunately, violent crimes against women on LT are on the increase and 2) part - but by no means all - of this increase may be due to an increased willingness of women to support such incidents.

I presume you mean 'report'?

1 hour ago, RayC said:

Acknowledgement of what?

It's the fact that instead of investigating why these crimes might be on the increase they treat the symptoms (e.g suggesting women should have their own carriages).  Has anything changed culturally in the UK over the last several years that would cause Englishmen to suddenly start assaulting women on trains, when there is no history of them doing this in the preceding century?  There is no indication in the report I linked so I guess it is just a mystery...

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

It's the fact that instead of investigating why these crimes might be on the increase they treat the symptoms (e.g suggesting women should have their own carriages).  Has anything changed culturally in the UK over the last several years that would cause Englishmen to suddenly start assaulting women on trains, when there is no history of them doing this in the preceding century?  There is no indication in the report I linked so I guess it is just a mystery...

Transport for London (TfL) and British Transport Police (BTP) have been more active in recording and addressing sexual harassment and other crimes on public transport. This has lead many to believe crimes against women have increased in recent times......where as the truth is...... crimes have increased......primarily due to small boats refugees catching trains from Dover straight to their 5* luxury hotels in central London.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, James105 said:

Introducing 'women only' carriages seems like a sensible idea to me so long as it doesn't cause too much operational disruption. However, an attempt to uncover the underlying cause(s) of the increase should also be undertaken and I would hope that TfL are doing so.

It's possible that a change in cultural norms is a factor in this increase, but I wouldn't like to preempt the findings of any investigation.

• Thumbs Up 1