Thailand's Tourism Boom: Revenue Set to Hit 2.8 Trillion Baht

31 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

Wow, "BigStar", the TAT and TIT economy insider gave another "scientific" milestone analysis.

Totally evidence-based. I can't be a*sed to look up the old posts for you, but they're all there: the sneering about the 2019 40 million then the total reversal when COVID hit to agree with TAT so's to enhance the wide gap and doom predictions. I remember it all quite well.

don't make the "crystal ball" predictions of these buffoons more reliable.

What's reliable depends on what supports our narrative. If the predictions are negative they're always reliable. 🙂 

Ultimately, most of the "boosting-hub-raining money" outlooks need to be revised, by blaming "acts of nature",

"Raining money" is a silly exaggeration affirming your troll status.Tourist numbers can't be predicted precisely, and determinants change with time. You'd understand that quite well IF it were the UK, which has its own Tourist Authority w/ marketing campaign making predictions. Note, BTW, that domestic tourism is acknowledged as important in the UK, but can't be in Thailand, because to do so would be to violate the Known Truth that Thais have no money. 🙂  Bigotry seems to explain the double standard.

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Yet more pie in the sky keep on spewing out the BS !

In most posts, yours for example, the ANF Poster Boomerang Princple applies: it's the posters spewing out the BS. If not, give your own verified figures. WOT?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

Explain to us Big Star most of the crime Particularly in and around Phuket crimes involved by Russians, are on the increase?

More tourists of a nationality mean more crime perpretrated by that nationality. Brits are a good example. W/ the decrease of Brit tourism, we see much less of this:

quality2.jpg.6aa77ba408c864d4c4b6cf38f60e90d3.jpgQuality6.jpg.a4e371f03dcf99719ba9d3a1cc8ad5af.jpgimage.png.7bddf5d8a29fdb2a28025eb56338514d.pngquality1.jpg.fd111731606c2964fc41ebcd4d4da75d.jpg

1 hour ago, BarraMarra said:

aking jobs from the locals? setting up businesses these are not retiring Russians there mostly young fighting age.  

A few, of course, endlessly exaggerated here for bashing purposes, but even so hardly means they're necessarily draft dodging. If draft dodgers wish to engage in ordinary tourism, notably with their girlfriends, then so what? Not your business. Their money's just as good as yours.

Attempts to set up businesses illegally by foreigners has always been common.  Used to have Brit call center scammers and phony investment managers. Were you so outraged then? In fact, if a Brit commits a crime, all our forum Brits rush in with a thousand excuses and whataboutism to support "our lad, hevin' a bit o' fun." Chinese are doing most of it. Are they also draft dodgers?

Most Russian tourists are couples and families. I know well, as I live in an area of Pattaya popular with Russians and enjoy seeing the hotties in thongs out on the beach. The Russians also have their own tourist seasons, like any other tourists. Some months most of them disappear. 

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

a bullshit detector with a red arrow pointing to the number 3

Can you support this with some evidence? Of course not!

2 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Interesting that TAT Governor Thapanee Kiatphaibool blames the conflict in Ukraine as one of the reasons for the economy being sluggish mmm not the thought of the draft dodging Russians over running some resorts putting off potential Tourists and there willingness to accept more.

THe war in Ukraine is going to have increase effect for western tourists. As of October BA is stopping several flights to the "far east" - as they can no longer fly the direct routes many are now not vialbe.In future flights to s,e, Asia from Europe are going to get longer and be more expensive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

you can't be that naive that you believe this garbage surely ....      

each to his own. 

Strettha has been dismissed - he was one of the motivating forces behind the massive increase in Tourist numbers - and the new visa free liberalisations - so it remains to be seen where we go from here - either way you'll be left behind as ever because you haven't a clue what's going on.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Strettha has been dismissed - he was one of the motivating forces behind the massive increase in Tourist numbers - and the new visa free liberalisations - so it remains to be seen where we go from here - either way you'll be left behind as ever because you haven't a clue what's going on.

as always, you do talk nonsense :vampire:

Just now, steven100 said:

as always, you do talk nonsense :vampire:

how would you know? you know nothing! can't even back up your propostterous comments with any reason or evidence just prejudice and bigotry and insults to Thai people.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, kwilco said:

I don't care what you say wilco, if you believe these numbers you believe anything.  TIT  .. not the UK or west .. they make these numbers up.  now run along.

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Totally evidence-based. I can't be a*sed to look up the old posts for you, but they're all there: the sneering about the 2019 40 million then the total reversal when COVID hit to agree with TAT so's to enhance the wide gap and doom predictions. I remember it all quite well.

Whose posts? Yours, or the in-between revised "evidence", due to the China virus, as an "act of nature"?
I remember officials bragging at that time, that the fallout of tourism isn't a big concern for the "strong", diverse TIT economy.
Let me guess, was it whistling in the woods? Or just blatant incompetence?

What's reliable depends on what supports our narrative. If the predictions are negative they're always reliable. 🙂 

They're not paid for, and it's not about "negative" predictions. It's about more reliable predictions.
A positive surprise would prevent them from ridiculous corrections of "their" pink narratives,
and to be a laughing stock.

"Raining money" is a silly exaggeration affirming your troll status.Tourist numbers can't be predicted precisely, and determinants change with time.

Firstly, the UK is not the subject, here.
Sure it's an exaggeration, like their "silly" predictions to positively entertain, incite, and lure the folks
to open more obsolete hotels, and restaurants, which are crying for subsidy. Just an example.
Who the trolls are, including you (without that license), is obvious.
The attribute "precisely" in the context of these continuously out-of-range numbers published, is a joke.
Considering the "determinants", I've read, the "High Season" has already been predicted to begin this September! A new achievement since August 2024. The "hub" of high seasons.

Edited by Maitdjai

More tourists of a nationality mean more crime perpretrated by that nationality. Brits are a good example. W/ the decrease of Brit tourism, we see much less of this:

quality2.jpg.6aa77ba408c864d4c4b6cf38f60e90d3.jpgQuality6.jpg.a4e371f03dcf99719ba9d3a1cc8ad5af.jpgimage.png.7bddf5d8a29fdb2a28025eb56338514d.pngquality1.jpg.fd111731606c2964fc41ebcd4d4da75d.jpg

A few, of course, endlessly exaggerated here for bashing purposes, but even so hardly means they're necessarily draft dodging. If draft dodgers wish to engage in ordinary tourism, notably with their girlfriends, then so what? Not your business. Their money's just as good as yours.

Attempts to set up businesses illegally by foreigners has always been common.  Used to have Brit call center scammers and phony investment managers. Were you so outraged then? In fact, if a Brit commits a crime, all our forum Brits rush in with a thousand excuses and whataboutism to support "our lad, hevin' a bit o' fun." Chinese are doing most of it. Are they also draft dodgers?

Most Russian tourists are couples and families. I know well, as I live in an area of Pattaya popular with Russians and enjoy seeing the hotties in thongs out on the beach. The Russians also have their own tourist seasons, like any other tourists. Some months most of them disappear. 

Wow, "BigStars" selected photos again. "Evidence" for what?
You'd forget to add some detailed information, at least the nationality of those people.

All the tourism boom figures are plainly predictions.

With all the current unstability, all the immigration harassment towards foreigners on visa issues and the current xenophobia against foreigners, the bad quality of the air and the polluted beaches, tourists and retirees are chosing other countries in the world for holidays or to spend the winter months.

1 hour ago, Maitdjai said:

Whose posts?

By TAT: ANF members, of course.

remember officials bragging at that time, that the fallout of tourism isn't a big concern for the "strong", diverse TIT economy.

No. The precipitous fall in tourism was a huge concern. Tourism-related businesses closed everywhere; Pattaya and Phuket looked like ghost towns. The gov't then did a lot to boost domestic tourism, which helped a lot, as I can assure you from Pattaya. Our experts sneered at that idea, because domestic tourism by definition cannot exist. So the fallback smug claim was that it would NOT make up for international tourism. That was, however, a straw man argument, because nobody said, suggested, or implied that it would. It definitely did help a lot, however. Of course it helped THAI businesses most. The silver lining of COVID was that it made the gov't realize all that potential that had hitherto gone untapped.

They're not paid for, and it's not about "negative" predictions. It's about more reliable predictions.

Paid for has nothing to do with it. TAT: ANF defines "negative" as reliable.

Sure it's an exaggeration, like their "silly" predictions

But you haven't proved their predictions are silly, merely asserted on your own majestic Authority, while now engaging in whataboutism as a false justification.

Considering the "determinants", I've read, the "High Season" has already been predicted to begin this September!

Sorry, I missed that. Link? Now today I happened to ride past the beer bars on Beach Road and was surprised to find them packed out. Traffic was pretty horrendous, too. 

The "hub" of high seasons.

Yawn. Nobody's impressed with the usual forum "hub" sneer. It's lost all its power to inspire awe owing to overuse, sorry. Meanwhile, Thailand is still entitled to its aspirations whether you agree it should have them or not.

Edited by BigStar

33 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

Wow, "BigStars" selected photos again. "Evidence" for what?

Again? Evidence of Brit crime during the heyday of Brit tourism before the GBPeso fell and those Golden Egg Layers ran out of golden eggs. The point, which you're trying to ignore, is that as particular groups of tourists grow larger, so does the number of crimes committed by members of that group. 

34 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

You'd forget to add some detailed information, at least the nationality of those people.

As indicated in the text, they're all Brits. Here're a couple more Brits for you, since you're so interested. You recognize any?

image.png.beb983b3ec94cbb2d144692a45f7a15d.pngimage.png.71db0a3d225c4c9e3135ba6ff6c674ba.png

Yeah, not seeing this any longer, certainly not by the Russians you're trying to bash. Now it's usually old fat drunk Brits causing an issue at a beer bar or traffic accidents.

10 hours ago, kwilco said:

Can you support this with some evidence? Of course not!

THe war in Ukraine is going to have increase effect for western tourists. As of October BA is stopping several flights to the "far east" - as they can no longer fly the direct routes many are now not vialbe.In future flights to s,e, Asia from Europe are going to get longer and be more expensive.

Old news.

Since the start of the war in Ukraine, flights from Europe to East Asia have become longer and more expensive.

It remains to be seen, how many flights will still be possible if Netanyahu succeeds in creating an Iran - Israel war with involvement of the US.

Lufthansa, for instance, has already canceled flights to Israel and Iran.

In theory,  you could still fly over Georgia - Azerbaijan - Turkmenistan. But it will get crowded. 

4 minutes ago, Lorry said:

Old news.

Since the start of the war in Ukraine, flights from Europe to East Asia have become longer and more expensive.

It remains to be seen, how many flights will still be possible if Netanyahu succeeds in creating an Iran - Israel war with involvement of the US.

Lufthansa, for instance, has already canceled flights to Israel and Iran.

In theory,  you could still fly over Georgia - Azerbaijan - Turkmenistan. But it will get crowded. 

the new news is the announcement of flight service cancellations from October onwards

17 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Pretys to serve drinks are not a problem, but people who can add and count chips are going to be a HUGE issue.  Also who is going tobe albe to read the rules LOL

people who can add and count chips are going to be a HUGE issue

the old stand by image.jpeg.b09d86d1e2a3d090db8f6d03b1ea91d5.jpeg 

most cashiers can't even count change,,  without the register doing the work for themimage.jpeg.196c5048e6b8dcdf840b8954bd76cee8.jpeg

especially the highly motivated younger generation with the smart phones

image.jpeg.975edddded76267e069879c8e65cb1f4.jpeg

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, BigStar said:

No. The precipitous fall in tourism was a huge concern. Tourism-related businesses closed everywhere; Pattaya and Phuket looked like ghost towns. The gov't then did a lot to boost domestic tourism, which helped a lot, as I can assure you from Pattaya. Our experts sneered at that idea, because domestic tourism by definition cannot exist. So the fallback smug claim was that it would NOT make up for international tourism. That was, however, a straw man argument, because nobody said, suggested, or implied that it would. It definitely did help a lot, however. Of course it helped THAI businesses most. The silver lining of COVID was that it made the gov't realize all that potential that had hitherto gone untapped.

Your description of the real situation in tourist areas, and the concerns of "common sense"- people during the China Virus lockdown aren't eliminating, what some clowns in the wrong position stated.
The "smart" boosting of domestic tourism against all scientific advice, resulted, besides a very overseeable amount of THB (for whom"), in a higher contamination of (until then) less affected areas, inciting new lockdowns. Well done! Lol.

13 hours ago, BigStar said:

By TAT: ANF members, of course.

Where are the posts of TAT?

Paid for has nothing to do with it. TAT: ANF defines "negative" as reliable.

(You're cherry-picking "quotes" out of the (my) context. It's called "Gaslighting".)
Again: TAT is the subject, not ANF or UK tourism.

But you haven't proved their predictions are silly, merely asserted on your own majestic Authority, while now engaging in whataboutism as a false justification.

(You're "quoting" parts out of my context)

Dito to you! Lol!
Pulling out the baseball bat "Whataboutism" doesn't help much, from a certain point, and is mostly one of the last resorts, when running out of argumentative fuel.

Sorry, I missed that. Link? Now today I happened to ride past the beer bars on Beach Road and was surprised to find them packed out. Traffic was pretty horrendous, too. 

Quoting "BigStar": "I can't be a*sed to look up the old posts for you, but they're all there"
Why should I? They're all there. Lol.

At least, you're revealing where you're doing your research, and collecting the database for your
scientific copy-and-paste analyses.
You seem to conflate traffic conclusions with a bustling (tourism) economy, like many other people in TiT.

"Round n' round in circles."

14 hours ago, BigStar said:

Yawn. Nobody's impressed with the usual forum "hub" sneer. It's lost all its power to inspire awe owing to overuse, sorry. Meanwhile, Thailand is still entitled to its aspirations whether you agree it should have them or not.

Nobody is "impressed" anymore.
"It's lost all its power to inspire awe owing to overuse, sorry"
Correct! Bingo!
But you'd change the recipient for your statement.

Nobody questioned the entitlement of any aspiration. 
But if aspirations come down to the inflationary use of empty phrases, like "hub" (of anything?),
agreement or disagreement becomes obsolete. Only the joke prevails.

15 hours ago, BigStar said:

Again? Evidence of Brit crime during the heyday of Brit tourism before the GBPeso fell and those Golden Egg Layers ran out of golden eggs. The point, which you're trying to ignore, is that as particular groups of tourists grow larger, so does the number of crimes committed by members of that group. 

As indicated in the text, they're all Brits. Here're a couple more Brits for you, since you're so interested. You recognize any?

image.png.beb983b3ec94cbb2d144692a45f7a15d.pngimage.png.71db0a3d225c4c9e3135ba6ff6c674ba.png

Yeah, not seeing this any longer, certainly not by the Russians you're trying to bash. Now it's usually old fat drunk Brits causing an issue at a beer bar or traffic accidents.

I didn't bash anyone, except you!

You like to bash, at least, "Brits" for whatever reason. It's up to you.
But this kind of stereotyped photo-documented post (not the first one) reveals your true face and mindset, camouflaged by long and winding pseudo-scientific, narrative-peddling mental diarrhea.

Thank you, you're welcome!

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Maitdjai said:

I didn't bash anyone, except you!

You like to bash, at least, "Brits" for whatever reason. It's up to you.
But this kind of stereotyped photo-documented post (not the first one) reveals your true face and mindset, camouflaged by long and winding pseudo-scientific, narrative-peddling mental diarrhea.

Thank you, you're welcome!

One of the features of our forum is that posters always let you know when they've run out any logical arguments and just resort to personal attacks, as if that somehow makes them "right" and have "won." Kind of like teenage girls, come down to it.

Always a good laugh at such pathetic self-consolation.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Maitdjai said:

The "smart" boosting of domestic tourism against all scientific advice, resulted, besides a very overseeable amount of THB (for whom"), in a higher contamination of (until then) less affected areas, inciting new lockdowns. Well done! Lol.

Nonsense. The boosting of domestic tourism occurred during non-lockdown periods, of course, and definitely helped keep Thai business alive in Pattaya. The "scientific advice" was mostly wrong anyway, Obviously you haven't recovered from the brainwashing. In general, you seem unable to think independently. Lack of education, I suspect.

‘Laissez-faire’ Sweden had the lowest mortality in Europe from 2020–2022, new analysis shows

Where are the posts of TAT?

The usual articles with TAT's press releases were similarly published on the forum, of course. In the outside world, by professionals concerned with tourist numbers, TAT's numbers don't seem farfetched. Only our "experts" here always enjoy soiling their knickers. 

It's called "Gaslighting".

What "Gaslighting," other than your own?

At least, you're revealing where you're doing your research, and collecting the database for your
scientific copy-and-paste analyses.

Yup, I colleded all my data on TAT: ANF's positions from the forum itself. They appear nowwhere else. 🙂 

You seem to conflate traffic conclusions with a bustling (tourism) economy, like many other people in TiT.

No. As TAT: ANF's conclusions, including your own, are simply based on selection bias while Eyeballing, my real-world observations differ rather markedly. True, those do bolster some faith in TAT. The vast increase in domestic tourism post-COVID, as a result of the efforts during COVID, is a fact and quite observable in Pattaya every weekend. The increase and benefit is reflected in TAT's numbers: 

Local travellers, making around 103 million trips, are set to add another 504 billion baht to the pot.

But in the industry, the pros seem to have no problem either. Thailand's numbers merely coincide with the trend throughout the region.

Thailand tourism is expected to fully recover in 2024, according to MEI, with total visitor arrivals now only 7% below 2019, pre-pandemic levels. Notably, inbound flight traffic from South Asia and the ASEAN region is nearly 20% above 2019 levels.

--Mastercard Economics Institute on travel in 2024

In the first quarter of 2024, the number of foreign tourists in Thailand amounted to around 9.37 million, indicating a significant increase compared to the previous quarter. The number of international tourists in the country has increased constantly over the past quarter.

--Thailand: quarterly number of foreign tourists 2024 - Statista

Only the joke prevails.

I love the childlike humor here. Our same o' little imagined jokes just never fail to please--with a partcular group.:clap2:

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, BigStar said:

One of the features of our forum is that posters always let you know when they've run out any logical arguments and just resort to personal attacks, as if that somehow makes them "right" and have "won." KAre youind of like teenage girls, a come down to it.

Wow, thank you!

You're working overtime, for all the copy/paste work.

And a a psychoanalyst either?

As a "Jack of all trades",

you must be on the TAT payroll?!

Edited by Maitdjai

22 hours ago, BigStar said:

One of the features of our forum is that posters always let you know when they've run out any logical arguments and just resort to personal attacks, as if that somehow makes them "right" and have "won." Kind of like teenage girls, come down to it.

Why you're always talking about "our" Forum, "our" numbers etc.?