What happens when Trump loses in November?

Will he do a runner to Venezuela, will he attempt to cause another insurrection, will he end up in jail, or will he just go golfing? 

I suspect Harris is going to pardon him on all his federal criminal court cases as an olive branch to try and reunite the country. TBH, as much as he purely deserves jail, if pardoning him puts the United States back on track civilly, and helps to heal deep rooted divisions, then it would be well worth the sacrifice for the betterment of the country. 

At the end of the day, he's just one pathetic, bumbling old man who isn't going to be around forever and the future of the country is far more important than putting one pathetic man in an orange jumpsuit. 

Harris would also be seen as a hero and a peacemaker and it would go a long way towards helping her to secure being elected for a second term. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not all the cases are federal.

I assume he will lose the election at this point.

What will he do?

Act very badly.

If it's at all close he will try to use the corrupt election officials he has installed to try to avoid certifying results in swing states.

Conflicts will go the supreme court which is very friendly to him.

So if he loses close, he might still win.

Then he will be dictator over a nation that mostly hates him.

As far as violence / civil war, violent incidents very likely but not civil war.

If it's a Harris landslide, then he'll still claim it was rigged but he won't be able to reverse it.

If going along he concludes it will be a Harris landslide well before the election, then he might flee the country or more likely have real or fake severe health problems and exit from the race as the humiliation of losing so badly will be more than his mentally ill self can take.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

... or more likely have real or fake severe health problems and exit from the race as the humiliation of losing so badly will be more than his mentally ill self can take.

If he should withdraw (in reality I think his ego is just way too big) would he be allowed to run again in the next election having miraculously recovered?

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

If he should withdraw (in reality I think his ego is just way too big) would he be allowed to run again in the next election having miraculously recovered?

Yes, technically, but seems unlikely as he's already falling apart rapidly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Not all the cases are federal.

I assume he will lose the election at this point.

What will he do?

Act very badly.

If it's at all close he will try to use the corrupt election officials he has installed to try to avoid certifying results in swing states.

Conflicts will go the supreme court which is very friendly to him.

So if he loses close, he might still win.

Then he will be dictator over a nation that mostly hates him.

As far as violence / civil war, violent incidents very likely but not civil war.

If it's a Harris landslide, then he'll still claim it was rigged but he won't be able to reverse it.

If going along he concludes it will be a Harris landslide well before the election, then he might flee the country or more likely have real or fake severe health problems and exit from the race as the humiliation of losing so badly will be more than his mentally ill self can take.

I don't think the Supreme Court can hand the presidency to Trump if some Red states don't certify the election. Even if some swing states don't certify, their electoral votes won't count, and the winner could then have less than 270 votes, but it won't be Trump.

The only way noncertification wins for Trump is he wins Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania outright. In that case, noncertification won't matter.