Modified Pickup Truck Spews Black Smoke, Escapes Checkpoint in Mukdahan

webfact

It is normal, I see everyday a lot of this kind of cars although there have been many crackdowns of one day.......

And I have seen several times too that drivers don't stop at checkpoints but just ignoring the stop sign of the RTP and the RTP watch how they are left behind or even a lot of trucks at the roadside before the checkpoint waiting till the end the checking.. The police is seeing them, but I don't understand why they don't go to them and check them at spot they are waiting as the trucks probably have things to hide or not ok with their paperwork....But we all know that the RTP is not very active

• Like 1

Oh please, when was the last time you seen somebody cited for a poorly maintained diesel vehicle that was spewing black smoke? 

A while back they had a campaign and they had posters with phone numbers that you could call to report vehicles that were polluting. We were driving and we saw this truck that was pumping out huge black clouds of smoke and I copied down their license plate and I dialed the number, and handed my phone to my Thai wife and ask her speak to the department. She asked the person who answered the phone what can they do? He ask my wife why are you calling us and she said, well you have phone numbers posted to report polluting vehicles? The guy said well I don't know who I would report it to, and she said well that's not really our issue is it? You're supposed to be monitoring polluting vehicles. He said OK, I'll give me the license plate number and I'll see what I can do. My wife said are you going to do anything? He said, I don't know I need to look at the regulations first and see who I'm supposed to report it to, and then maybe somebody will do something. 

If you tune a diesel here, you can expect clouds of smoke, that's where it gets its power from, burning loads of diesel.

It depends on how far you want to go, now the guy that thinks it looks cool, also knows it is costing a fortune to do that.  😢

I would expect these rides to fail their annual test, unless they are giving a "tip" or is a family member at the test centre......🤑

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Oh please, when was the last time you seen somebody cited for a poorly maintained diesel vehicle that was spewing black smoke? 

Pre-Covid, there was about a year when I regularly got pulled over at routine temporary inspection setups to check my diesel emissions.  Complete with the sensor up the tailpipe.  My 25+ yo raggedy 1993 Mitsubishi Cyclone always passed.  But it was low mileage, and in great condition.

The guy in the OP looks like he was just rolling coal to give the finger to the cops.

Edited by impulse

2 minutes ago, nakhonandy said:

The police set up these checkpoints incorrectly,  they should be impossible to just drive through.

Worst case they should have chase vehicles at the ready to catch any checkpoint jumpers.

giving chase sounds ike a fantastic idea............. what could possibly go wrong !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

They are on the road everyday with their modified cars, spewing black smoke. Nothing is being done about it. Just the normal rubbish talk from authorities.

image.png.b1dfb10c9f2fa67b3550dcde3375f111.png

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

giving chase sounds ike a fantastic idea............. what could possibly go wrong !

What they do in the west is have police cars 1-200m further up that can block the jumpers. They don't necessarily have to give chase.

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Love seeing that black smoke spewing out....even better when the exhaust pipes have been modified and they have fitted oversized, low profile tyres.....frickin incels.

image.png.81974e706e2fe152bb805ca9644ea3ba.png

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nakhonandy said:

What they do in the west is have police cars 1-200m further up that can block the jumpers. They don't necessarily have to give chase.

where is the "west" ?

36 minutes ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Yes don't see many pickups that color.  

Bad choice of colour by the owner. They would never find it if it was pick up truck spewing thick, black smoke. There are thousands of them on the road here.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

a modified pickup truck spewed black smoke in front of officers, breaking through a security checkpoint i

Well, Thailand must keep up it's reputation of being a hub for air pollution!!

1 hour ago, nakhonandy said:

The police set up these checkpoints incorrectly,  they should be impossible to just drive through.

Worst case they should have chase vehicles at the ready to catch any checkpoint jumpers.

Or at least place a spike pad under the tyres while addressing the driver.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Pre-Covid, there was about a year when I regularly got pulled over at routine temporary inspection setups to check my diesel emissions.  Complete with the sensor up the tailpipe.  My 25+ yo raggedy 1993 Mitsubishi Cyclone always passed.  But it was low mileage, and in great condition.

The guy in the OP looks like he was just rolling coal to give the finger to the cops.

The old,,  Squid Tactic !

3 hours ago, transam said:

If you tune a diesel here, you can expect clouds of smoke, that's where it gets its power from, burning loads of diesel.

It depends on how far you want to go, now the guy that thinks it looks cool, also knows it is costing a fortune to do that.  😢

I would expect these rides to fail their annual test, unless they are giving a "tip" or is a family member at the test centre......🤑

and here's me thinking it was caused by poorly maintained injectors.

• Haha 1