Man Attacks Father Over Refusal to Give Money for Drugs in Udon Thani

snoop1130

Argument AdobeStock_283485475.jpeg

In a disturbing incident in Udon Thani, a man attacked his father after his request for 300 baht for drugs was denied. This violent act led his sister to ask authorities to take legal action, expressing her desire to disown him.

Udon Thani police received reports of a son assaulting his father at a rented house in Nong Bua, Mueang district. Responding to the call, officers arrived at the scene promptly.

The aggressor, a 30 year-old man named Panya, confessed to attacking his father under the influence of alcohol and cannabis. Panya flew into a rage when his father declined his request for 300 baht, attacking him with a knife and even hurling a charcoal stove at him. Panya was apprehended on the spot and the police initiated legal proceedings against him on assault charges.

Panya's 54-year-old father, Angkul, emotionally recounted the episode to the media, stating that his son had spent the whole day consuming alcohol and cannabis. When he didn't receive the money he asked for, Panya demanded 300 baht and the use of a motorcycle from his sister. Angkul not agreeing to his son's request mentioned that Panya was unemployed, spent all day drinking and that the motorcycle was required to pick up his grandchildren.

"We had an intense argument before he took a knife and assaulted me. He repeatedly kicked and punched me and even threw a charcoal stove at me, injuring my ear. I am requesting the police to put him behind bars for good," Angkul said.

Panya's sister confirmed her brother's violent actions, stating that he often abused drugs and alcohol. She narrated that upon his request for money to buy methamphetamine being denied, he went on a destructive spree, damaging items in the house and injuring their father. "He requested money for drugs, and when he didn't receive any, he went on a rampage, hurting our father and damaging items in our home. I am extremely angered to have a brother who behaves like this. I hope the police take him away for good," she said.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-15

Cigna offers a variety of health insurance plans designed to meet the minimum requirement for medical treatment coverage, with benefits reaching up to THB 3 million. These plans are tailored to provide comprehensive healthcare solutions for expatriates, ensuring peace of mind and access to quality medical services. To explore the full range of Cigna's expat health insurance options and find a plan that suits your needs, click here for more information.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"We had an intense argument before he took a knife and assaulted me. He repeatedly kicked and punched me and even threw a charcoal stove at me, injuring my ear. I am requesting the police to put him behind bars for good," Angkul said

Father knows best.. 

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Panya's 54-year-old father, Angkul, emotionally recounted the episode to the media, stating that his son had spent the whole day consuming alcohol and cannabis.

I for one don't belive this. Had he bought quality grade cannabis he would only need 2 handrolled and a couple of beers. I'm guessing he was on ya baah.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1