Just installed 7.7 kWPV and 6.2 kW inverter

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, arick said:

Yes  but you should never have a monthly bill now more 1500bht. My top bill is April May at 5000-6000 when the sun is out would be nice to half that bill. Better then buying a motorbike. Better then buying a condo. At least you are seeing benefits from day one.

I think I maxed out this May at around 3,000 baht.  It will be zero next April.  My 13.4kWh battery will get me though the night and it was only 44k baht.  Only months I will probably have an issue are during the rainy season.  Lots of rain this week no issue but last month a huge storm passed through that lasted weeks.  Probably would have needed the grid but not sure.  It is cloudy now and still producing 2,000w.

Edited by atpeace
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

Thanks, so it looks like it is possible.

In case my ‘Must’ converters were to fail, I would not buy them again.

The smaller ones 3.6/4.2/6.2 KWh can not be paralleled, there is no mentioning of it in the owners manual and there is no jack for a parallel master/slave communication cable.

Edit: I can not find any 5KWh inverter today in Anerns  product listing and neither can I find an inverter there looking like 5KWh one that they show in their promo picture for 2 x 5KWh in parallel.

Edited by lom
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, lom said:

The smaller ones 3.6/4.2/6.2 KWh can not be paralleled, there is no mentioning of it in the owners manual and there is no jack for a parallel master/slave communication cable.

Edit: I can not find any 5KWh inverter today in Anerns  product listing and neither can I find an inverter there looking like 5KWh one that they show in their promo picture for 2 x 5KWh in parallel.

Asked the question to Anern itself today, as soon as I get antword I will post it here.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, arick said:

Anern 6.2kw invertor (11,000) versus Huawei 5kw (22,000)

Any advice.

If you are planning to get Batteries stay away from Huawei. With Huawei you can use their Batteries (Luna 2000) only, and they come with a huge price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

I would be very careful with going Huawei.

Not because they are junk, they are very good, but because they use a proprietary high-voltage battery which are $$$ and no after-market versions available. 

They're invertors have a high power battery in them???

8 hours ago, atpeace said:

I think I maxed out this May at around 3,000 baht.  It will be zero next April.  My 13.4kWh battery will get me though the night and it was only 44k baht.  Only months I will probably have an issue are during the rainy season.  Lots of rain this week no issue but last month a huge storm passed through that lasted weeks.  Probably would have needed the grid but not sure.  It is cloudy now and still producing 2,000w.

Yes the electrician was just over my house and they're all saying that I don't need to be producing more than 5,000 w in solar panels on the roof.  They're all telling me nine panels at 500 w per panels enough.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, arick said:

Yes the electrician was just over my house and they're all saying that I don't need to be producing more than 5,000 w in solar panels on the roof.  They're all telling me nine panels at 500 w per panels enough.

You mentioned your bill was 6k baht last year during April.  9x500 I don't think will be optimal.  Remember you will be producing very little before 9am with that setup and also after 4pm.    With clouds you won't even come close to meeting your needs.  Panels are cheap so I recommend over paneling.  E.g.,6.2KW inverter/charger with 14x500 panels.  You still might struggle to meet your power needs but close enough.  

You need to produce 40kw a day and not a chance with 9x500 IMO.  I would bet you would struggle to produce 15KWs during the rainy season.  The guy I used that is near you could do 14x500 + complete install (all wires, metal frames, everything 🙂 ) for about 60k.

Edited by atpeace

1 minute ago, atpeace said:

You mentioned your bill was 6k baht last year during April.  9x500 I don't think will be optimal.  Remember you will be producing very little before 9am with that setup and also after 4pm.    With clouds you won't even come close to meeting your needs.  Panels are cheap so I recommend over paneling.  E.g.,6.2KW inverter/charger with 14x500 panels.  You still might struggle to meet your power needs but close enough.  

You need to produce 40kw a day and not a chance with 9x500 IMO.  I would bet you would struggle to produce 15KWs during the rainy season.

Why not right away install a 10 kw Inverter with 5-7 kw Panels, price is not much difference and gives you the option to upgrade your System later on if needed.

1 minute ago, UWEB said:

Why not right away install a 10 kw Inverter with 5-7 kw Panels, price is not much difference and gives you the option to upgrade your System later on if needed.

Yep, I was thinking the same. Big price jump from 6.2 to 10 but he uses lots of power.  If it were me, I would just over panel the 6.2 KW inverter.  With 7.7 KWs  installed using my 6.2 KW inverter, I  get to 6.5KW production at a few times during the day when the sun breaks through the clouds.  The extra watts over 6.5 KWs produced by the panels aren't utilized. 

Final update after testing the 49 LifePO4 280 AH battery.  Purchased from shopee and had my doubts but felt pretty confident it would test out close to 280ah.  Went off grid and ran the battery down to when the BMS shut it down at around 46v so still had about 3-5% left. Test results:  293AH and over 15kWhs!  Amazing what is possible with some luck for 45k baht.  This battery should be good for 10 years. Below is the pic of the results.

20240826_141511.jpg