Extension of stay - based on marriage - CW - Aug 2024

1. I guess nothing changed as to the list of required documents from last year?

2. The current extension of state expires September 24 - I read somewhere that it can be renewed 45 days before it expires, so we plan to go tomorrow. Or is it 30 days?

3. I also read somewhere that they accept the required letter from the bank from the day prior to the application? Is that right?

4. What is about the latest time one could show up at the immigration to be still processed for the application on the same day?

2. Up to 45 days early.

3. Bank letter day prior is fine.

Note update and also make small deposit on day of application.

At CW most banks on lower level.

Notable exception is SCB. 

4. You can make an appointment for extension which is good idea.

You can turn up prior to lunch break and will be given ticket and you will be seen that day. 

Link for appointment. 

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/onlineservice-and-publicguide/

• Like 1

I would love to use the online appointment but it is full until September 2 already. Furthermore I have to go because I have to see the 90 day registration as I did not get back a letter by mail for my application after I came back from abroad.

If I turn up prior to lunch it's just a waste of an extra hour...

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

2. Up to 45 days early.

3. Bank letter day prior is fine.

Note update and also make small deposit on day of application.

At CW most banks on lower level.

Notable exception is SCB. 

4. You can make an appointment for extension which is good idea.

You can turn up prior to lunch break and will be given ticket and you will be seen that day. 

Link for appointment. 

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/onlineservice-and-publicguide/

I did mine at CW last month. I got my queue ticket then went down to Bangkok Bank to get the letter, update the book and make copies (just in case). I did not make any small deposit.

When I got to see the IO she also requested a full written statement from the bank of the last two months. This is not listed on the required documents on their website so worth noting: when you get the letter also ask for a written statement showing at least the last two months.  Annoyingly I got my statement at 12.02pm so I had to hang around for an hour before I could give it to the IO but at least I didn't have to queue again.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, zappalot said:

If I turn up prior to lunch it's just a waste of an extra hour...

Up to you. Why start thread for advice.

If you obtain que ticket prior to lunch that gives you an hour in basement to obtain bank letter and bank statement as mentioned in post above. 

While that poster did not make small deposit by doing so it updates bankbook and shows activity.

They do that first then do the bank letter. 

To obtain your que ticket you will need to show filled in TM7.

Also note that in recent times CW is requiring most recent TM47..

• Like 1

For bank: you can do it one day earlier if necessary, but make a small withdrawal from an ATM the same day and keep the printed slip. It has date and balance and in my case has always been accepted together with the bank letter. Twelve months by the way.

• Confused 1

Here is what happened today:

we woke up early and got there by 9:00 AM. First thing was to solve the issue with the 90 day report where I did not get back the letter from my form that I sent in by mail. As proof that I did my part I presented the receipt from the post office which was accepted. I approached counter number 4 and they wrote down my phone number which was called back 10 minutes later with the information that I could pick up the confirmation of my 90 day report right away. No need to wait in any queue or something like that. No need to show any documents. It seems they knew what they need to give me from the QR code on the post office receipt... The confirmation slip was dated back to July 25. So the confirmation slip was sitting on some desk for almost a month. They were to lazy to put it in the provided envelope to hand it to the postal service.

What was really annoying that they did not want to give an explanation why they do not send back the confirmation for the 90 day report. I really don't want to go there the next time I come back from overseas just to do the 90 day report.

Then we got a Q number for the application for a new extension of stay based on marriage. Then I went to the bank in the basement to get the bank account information/papers as needed. With 29 numbers ahead of us we have to wait about 1.5 hours before it was our turn to get the documents checked. It was about 11:20 by then. I prayed that the second check of the documents where you get back the passport with the consideration stamp would be before lunch so that we would not need to waste another hour in there.

In the end it was a race against the time. But we were lucky and really minutes before lunchtime we got back the passport with the appointment to come back about 20 days from now.

1 hour ago, zappalot said:

Here is what happened today:

we woke up early and got there by 9:00 AM. First thing was to solve the issue with the 90 day report where I did not get back the letter from my form that I sent in by mail. As proof that I did my part I presented the receipt from the post office which was accepted. I approached counter number 4 and they wrote down my phone number which was called back 10 minutes later with the information that I could pick up the confirmation of my 90 day report right away. No need to wait in any queue or something like that. No need to show any documents. It seems they knew what they need to give me from the QR code on the post office receipt... The confirmation slip was dated back to July 25. So the confirmation slip was sitting on some desk for almost a month. They were to lazy to put it in the provided envelope to hand it to the postal service.

What was really annoying that they did not want to give an explanation why they do not send back the confirmation for the 90 day report. I really don't want to go there the next time I come back from overseas just to do the 90 day report.

Then we got a Q number for the application for a new extension of stay based on marriage. Then I went to the bank in the basement to get the bank account information/papers as needed. With 29 numbers ahead of us we have to wait about 1.5 hours before it was our turn to get the documents checked. It was about 11:20 by then. I prayed that the second check of the documents where you get back the passport with the consideration stamp would be before lunch so that we would not need to waste another hour in there.

In the end it was a race against the time. But we were lucky and really minutes before lunchtime we got back the passport with the appointment to come back about 20 days from now.

Ok, that's pretty good. People moan but you spent less than three hours and now don't have to do it again for another year. When you go back in 20 days you'll be in and out in 30 minutes if my experience is reliable.

A couple of questions: did they not ask you for a formal bank statement of the last two months?

And curious why you do postal 90 days reports instead of doing it online. Not judging, just curious.

Edited by josephbloggs

Of course for the EoS they asked for a bank statement...

How to do a 90 day report online after coming back from another country? Not possible in my experience...

• Like 1