How early can renew non-o Chiang Mai

khunJam

7 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Technically Mr. Chipper is correct....one can extend but really can't "renew."  I avoided commenting about the OP's phraseology as I didn't want to be pedantic and thought I knew for certain that OP was referring to either the first or repeated extension of his Non-O visa.  A lot of people argue that our Non-O's fully expire but I don't really see it that way.....as every annual extension we get is based on the last Non-O we obtained. 

Correct, as all originating from the “NON IMMIGRANT VISA” stamp & reason to stay and subsequent permission extensions.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Not specific for CM but I never read that someone is denied within 30 days before due date.

(I always go within 30 to 25 days ahead here in KK)

45 days may need some justification.

It's been 45 days here in CM as long as I can remember (started getting annual extensions here in CM in 2011).  Prior to 2011, had a couple of annual extensions in Hua Hin and that office only allows one to apply for an annual extension within 30 days of the applicable expiration date.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks CM Bob. I made a Non-0 extension recently,  asked this question directly to an IO and the "English speaking" interns there and could not get a straight answer. My feeling is not evasion, they just really cannot understand spoken English.

• Thumbs Up 1