No more fast track immigration arrivals at BKK airport for biz/first class passengers?

On 8/23/2024 at 8:06 AM, khunjeff said:

Those are still handled at Immigration Zone 2, next to Visa on Arrival. Premium class passengers were kicked out of that zone last year, and shunted over towards the Thai Citizens queue. The article is saying that First and Business class pax can no longer use that "new" queue, though elderly and disabled apparently still can. 

It's honestly rather strange that this is happening, especially with no announcement having been made (that I'm aware of). Premium pax can still use Fast Track on departure, so the idea hasn't gone away, and airlines were paying for the service anyway. I have to wonder whether this is just a temporary change during a renovation project or something (that has been very poorly communicated).

It’s going to annoy a lot of business and first passengers if they have to queue up for an hour or more ! I know I won’t , it’s ok for short flights, but long haul no way. I’m 71 now so I suppose it’s not a problem. They should fix the baggage belt problem , then there would be a lot less crying babies and kids, tired traveller’s and people in a hurry to get home, and the aged. Bad service.  Welcome the zero $ tourists  to Thailand , and put the high paying guests / tourists in a 2 mile long queue.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Some better photos in this follow-up article...

It looks like there are (at least five) "Priority" channels in both the East arriving Immigration Hall and the West arriving Immigration hall.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2024/08/26/update-bangkok-suvarnabhumi-airport-first-business-class-arrivals-fast-track-is-back-for-now/

There is some indication on the signage re: eligibility.  Nothing in the photos that reference Class of Service but I assume they need to add those back? Maybe they have temporary signage for J & F? Airlines may hand out some information on-board pre-arrival noting the location of these Halls and Priority Lanes.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 1:31 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Your right Brian 😂 

I noticed that even in BKK , something about indian passengers using wheelchairs!

They seem to be lazy 

Oh don't be racist ! 

Agree, And mainly overweight women, probably from the high Cast who think it is beyond them to walk to a plane. 

6 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Some better photos in this follow-up article...

It looks like there are (at least five) "Priority" channels in both the East arriving Immigration Hall and the West arriving Immigration hall.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2024/08/26/update-bangkok-suvarnabhumi-airport-first-business-class-arrivals-fast-track-is-back-for-now/

There is some indication on the signage re: eligibility.  Nothing in the photos that reference Class of Service but I assume they need to add those back? Maybe they have temporary signage for J & F? Airlines may hand out some information on-board pre-arrival noting the location of these Halls and Priority Lanes.

So basically it's become a "storm in a teacup" - one article on the Web  contradicted and superseded  by the next one! The power of the Internet 😆

One thing i didn't understand in that article is the term "C&F passengers", which, according to my quick search means "Cost and Freight". That's a new one to me.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, VBF said:

So basically it's become a "storm in a teacup"

No, that's not my take on this.

I think Imm Div 2, in an effort to streamline fast track for certain segments and have more flexibility in staffing, did drop F & J, without telling AoT/SBIA BKK. This created some backlash, where (again my take) AoT pushed back on Imm Div 2 to staff these booths to handle all previous pax and F & J.

One can see, in the communications from AoT (SBIA/BKK) that Imm Div 2 was the controlling factor.

We have confirmed with Immigration Division 2 that First and Business Class passengers are currently permitted to use the priority lanes. Any future changes to this policy will be at the discretion of Immigration Division 2, as they hold the ultimate authority on these matters. For further inquiries, please contact them directly at xxxx or by telephone at xxxx.
Sincerely,
Special Affairs and Community Relations Department
Suvarnabhumi Airport

While not a storm in a teacup, whatever that might be, it was a bit of a cock-up.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, VBF said:

So basically it's become a "storm in a teacup" - one article on the Web  contradicted and superseded  by the next one! The power of the Internet 😆

One thing i didn't understand in that article is the term "C&F passengers", which, according to my quick search means "Cost and Freight". That's a new one to me.

As bam said.

When the article says C, they also mean business class.  C is often used for discounted business class.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

No, that's not my take on this.

I think Imm Div 2, in an effort to streamline fast track for certain segments and have more flexibility in staffing, did drop F & J, without telling AoT/SBIA BKK. This created some backlash, where (again my take) AoT pushed back on Imm Div 2 to staff these booths to handle all previous pax and F & J.

One can see, in the communications from AoT (SBIA/BKK) that Imm Div 2 was the controlling factor.

We have confirmed with Immigration Division 2 that First and Business Class passengers are currently permitted to use the priority lanes. Any future changes to this policy will be at the discretion of Immigration Division 2, as they hold the ultimate authority on these matters. For further inquiries, please contact them directly at xxxx or by telephone at xxxx.
Sincerely,
Special Affairs and Community Relations Department
Suvarnabhumi Airport

While not a storm in a teacup, whatever that might be, it was a bit of a cock-up.

Thanks - it seems to have turned out that basically nothing has changed for we pax.

Hence an old saying, in UK anyway STORM IN A TEACUP | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary

Thanks @Lorry too   

• Like 1