Thailand concludes major anti-terrorism drill

webfact

c1_2851972_240822203247_790.webp

The Counter Terrorist Operations Centre under the Royal Thai Armed Forces (RTAF) Headquarters is wrapping up a five-day anti-terrorism drill today in Chiang Rai. The Crisis Management Exercise 2024 (C-MEX24) at Chiang Rai Rajabhat University saw participation from over 500 individuals representing 60 agencies.

This comprehensive exercise included officers from the army, navy, air force, and police, aiming to assess their preparedness for counter-terrorism operations. The event also featured international collaboration, with participation from the US 1st Special Forces Group (Airborne), the US Department of Energy, and the UK’s Joint Counter Terrorist Training and Advisory Team.

“These exercises are crucial for ensuring that all participating agencies are ready to respond effectively to terrorist threats.”

The C-MEX24 drills were designed to simulate real-world scenarios, providing a high-pressure environment for testing the coordination and response capabilities of the involved forces. Participants engaged in various tactical exercises, including hostage rescue operations, bomb disposal activities, and crisis negotiation strategies.

“Working alongside international experts enhances our ability to handle complex situations and improves our overall readiness.”

As the drill concludes, the participating agencies will conduct a thorough review of the exercise outcomes to identify areas for improvement and enhance their operational strategies, reported Bangkok Post.

“The feedback from these drills is invaluable for refining our tactics and ensuring we are prepared for any eventuality.”

In related news, the RTA sentenced two soldier drill sergeants to 45 days of imprisonment and revoked their pensions for ordering 10 conscripts to stand naked in the rain. Their commander was also punished with 15 days of confinement.

A younger sister of one of the conscripts urged the non-profit organisation Saimai Survive to seek justice for her brother and the other conscripts. She also shared a picture of the conscripts standing naked in the rain to the public, which went viral on social media in Thailand.

by Puntid Tantivangphaisal
Photo courtesy of Bangkok Post

Source: The Thaiger 2024-08-23

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

The drill is all good. My only question is why in Chiang Rai? Why not do it in Yala, Hat Yai or Pattani? Then they might have got real target to practice on. That, I would have called an effective clean-up.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 6:04 AM, Gottfrid said:

The drill is all good. My only question is why in Chiang Rai? Why not do it in Yala, Hat Yai or Pattani? Then they might have got real target to practice on. That, I would have called an effective clean-up.

That'll be to dangerous for the cowards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2024 at 1:04 PM, Gottfrid said:

I live in the heart of the insurgents' area, deep in Narathiwat Province.

If the Thai soldiers dare to come here, they will get a warm welcome. They are too scared for that.