Jealous Husband Sets Woman on Fire, Leaves Her in Critical Condition

Georgealbert

12 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

The article does not say that, so we have no evidence for this either way. It could be. It could equally be she left the toddler home alone. Either way, she went drinking in the bar and got drunk. Without her toddler.

And don’t forget, also had sex with the brother.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I hope not, I've never been in that situation. However, if my girl would leave me, take the child, go and get drunk in the bar, then pork my brother and shack up with him, I may well get slightly peeved.

The brother is the one who set the poor woman on fire.  And he did so simply because the husband asked her to get back with him, to which she said no.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The brother is the one who set the poor woman on fire.  And he did so simply because the husband asked her to get back with him, to which she said no.

Yes, I saw and you rightly pointed that out. It's a very strange story which does not appear to tell the full final chapter. Why would the brother set her on fire just because she refused to go back with the husband? Presumably he want her for himself anyway, and her saying no to the husband would have been in his favour.

3 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Yes, I saw and you rightly pointed that out. It's a very strange story which does not appear to tell the full final chapter. Why would the brother set her on fire just because she refused to go back with the husband? Presumably he want her for himself anyway, and her saying no to the husband would have been in his favour.

I imagine the guy's a bit of a fruit cake.

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Jealous Husband Sets Woman on Fire, Leaves Her in Critical Condition

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Cameroni said:

I hope not, I've never been in that situation. However, if my girl would leave me, take the child, go and get drunk in the bar, then pork my brother and shack up with him, I may well get slightly peeved.

Would have been your own fault for getting involved with such  woman in the first place .

Should have chosen a higher calibre partner 

Which is why I never enter full time relation with a Thai girl. Always give her some bogus name and always do the serious stup in a seedy hotel and never back at your condo or villa.

1 minute ago, Sigmund said:

Which is why I never enter full time relation with a Thai girl. Always give her some bogus name and always do the serious stup in a seedy hotel and never back at your condo or villa.

do you always use the same bogus name or you do keep changing it for even more precaution?

UPDATE

Former Convict Arrested for Setting Woman on Fire in Jealous Rage

IMG_4823.jpeg

Picture courtesy of ThaiRath showing the suspect in police custody.

Police, on 25 August, apprehended a man in connection with the brutal burning of a woman, identified as the wife of his younger brother. The suspect, referred to as Mr. Miu, age 27, was arrested at the Southern Bus Terminal in Taling Chan, Bangkok, following the incident, which took place on August 22 in the Bang Kae district.

According to police reports, Mr. Miu, a recently released convict, had developed a romantic relationship with Ms. Nan, his brother's wife. When Mr. Miu suspected that she was distancing herself from him, he reportedly became enraged. On the day of the incident, he poured alcohol over her and set her on fire, causing severe burns to her body. Bystanders quickly intervened and rushed the victim to Siriraj Hospital, where she remains in critical condition in a sterile room under close medical supervision.

The arrest was made after investigators from Phetkasem Police Station reviewed CCTV footage that showed Mr. Miu fleeing the scene on a motorcycle. He later confessed to the crime during police questioning, admitting to a past conviction for sexual offenses and stating that his relationship with Ms. Nan had led to the violent outburst. 

Authorities have charged Mr. Miu with attempted murder. The investigation will continue once Ms. Nan’s condition stabilises, and police can obtain her statement.

42 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Authorities have charged Mr. Miu with attempted murder. The investigation will continue once Ms. Nan’s condition stabilises, and police can obtain her statement.

I fail to understand the importance. They have him on video, and bystanders as witnesses. Why do they need her statement? He´s is toast already!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I fail to understand the importance. They have him on video, and bystanders as witnesses. Why do they need her statement? He´s is toast already!

If you admit to the crime, you get 50% off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Not a term I would have used under the circumstances.