How stupidity is an existential threat to America

simple1

32 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

We appear to be better at a lot of things than the USA, which only serves to demonstrate the stupidity of your post.

Example: Your average life expectancy is 77.5 years. Ours is is 83.9 years. Care to explain that?

The fact that you are a two bit thinly populated country with favourable weather in the inhabited parts without the death rate of urban youth in large cities could be part of the explanations

39 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

We appear to be better at a lot of things than the USA, which only serves to demonstrate the stupidity of your post.

Example: Your average life expectancy is 77.5 years. Ours is is 83.9 years. Care to explain that?

Right vs left was what I replied to. Now it's life expectancy.

20 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Right vs left was what I replied to. Now it's life expectancy.

I understand.  You don't like comparisons which illustrate how screwed up America is.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, retarius said:

If America presumes to lead the world....it doesn't but it pretends to and aims to....then citizens from all vassal countries should be able to vote for federal level congressmen, senators and presidents. Perhaps we could vote only for people who abhor war. 

While I disagree with non-citizens of any country voting in a nation's elections, I am thinking we would agree that counting heads without regard to what is in those heads (or not) is a very dangerous proposition. The strongest military on the planet controlled by a nation with an average 7th-8th grade reading level.

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I have long been an advocate of limiting candidates for president to people who have only served in the military, and I would go a step further they must have children that would be of age to serve, and they would have to sign a pledge that their children would be on the front lines if they ever got involved in a war.

How's that for a deterrent? How is that for commitment? 

I understand the aim, Mike but cannot support. I take second class citizenry to no other Americans.

18 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Why is America screwed up?

America like a lot of the west is screwed up because of the fact that it has had life too good for too long.

For the fact that people in the U.S. as well as some other western countries feel that decerve to have everything right now.  They feel that what they say is gong to change the world and matters.

The education system tells them that they do not have to excel to get good jobs.  They just hve to get by.

The past generations and BABY BOOMERS started it have pampered the youth growing up and gave them what they wanted too easily.

Social media has turned our youth and people into click hounds. They do not drive their world on what they believe; they do it on what clicks will get them noticed and liked.

Too a certain extent North America is turing into Nero's rome where everything goes if it is for enjoyment.

University degrees these days mean nothing.  Where once a person with a HARVARD degree had sway that is not so much the case anymore.

Young people want green energy. They want to have to drive electric cars.  They want to be paid and made rich because of the hardship that their ancestors had to endure so that they do not have to work 

So they will vote for Kamala.  She will raise their taxes. She will turn the U.S. into the same thing on he West Coast.  High taxes, high crime, electric cars, water heaters lawnmowers. NO AC

Imagine what life will be like in Chicago or Detroit when the winds pickup and there is no heat in the houses.

On the international front can you really see Kamala having a serious discussion with Modi, ji or Putin.  Do you really think any country other than maybe Canada will take her seriously. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, gargamon said:

It's the electoral college giving a minority of voters the power to elect the president.

It the electoral college bvotes as it is supposed to legally then the voters have to bvote to what the state election results are.  They have no choice.

If you get rid of the electoral system then you willhave California and the East coast deciding every election. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, TedG said:

The people who run for office these days are on the radical side of the left or right.   We would be better served by randomly selecting people from the phone book.  

or voter registration as we do with the citizen Grand Juries and citizen Trial Juries ...

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Whatever, but your claim of free accommodation for illegals requires a credible link.

For the meantime a factcheck:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2024/may/09/maga-inc/no-the-biden-administration-isnt-paying-rent-for-i/

Thank you for allowing those without factual knowledge learn ...

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

It the electoral college bvotes as it is supposed to legally then the voters have to bvote to what the state election results are.  They have no choice.

If you get rid of the electoral system then you willhave California and the East coast deciding every election. 

Which is where most of the population lives. As it should be. Why let the inbreds in the fly over states dictate the direction the country should go?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, gargamon said:

Which is where most of the population lives. As it should be. Why let the inbreds in the fly over states dictate the direction the country should go?

Is that how you see people?

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Life expectancy already covered.

40% of your population are obese, another 30% are overweight.

Your average murder rate is 7.5 persons per 100,000. Ours is 2.

Your death rate from COVID was/is 4 times ours.

You train your schoolkids to hide under their desks if there is an intruder. We have never done that, and the last incident ( kidnapping ) was 50 years ago.

You pay about 4 times as much for private health insurance as we do.

Your incidence of mass shootings is rising. Our last one was almost 30 years ago. Every time you have a mass shooting, gun sales go up.

You might have to pay thousands of dollars for drugs, just to keep you alive. Ours cost AUD 7.50 per prescription.

Enough said?

You left Australia to live in Thailand. So it can't have been that good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mdr224 said:

If America doesnt lead the world then who does? Honest question.

Who says the world needs a leader? Nobody needs you self assigned leadership.