Dog friendly hotels

We use Ibis quite a lot when overnighting at HH.  Have elevators, so no stairs.  Do have a 10kg limit on dogs though.  Not the best value in town, or location if wanting nightlife, but damn comfy beds.

Try Ree Raa Resort, if having a larger dog, or want to be a bit closer to things.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, mrmazinkle said:

Looking for a hotel where I can stay with my dog.hes old and quiet like me.preferably 2 beds but not lots of stairs as my dog is almost blind.ty for any replies.Bill

Spent a lot of time searching for dog friendly hotels..........and gave up.

Those that do advertise as dog friendly have a 10 kg limit....but don't tell you that in their policy.....you have to call and check.

We now use AirBnB.

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

We use Ibis quite a lot when overnighting at HH.  Have elevators, so no stairs.  Do have a 10kg limit on dogs though.  Not the best value in town, or location if wanting nightlife, but damn comfy beds.

Try Ree Raa Resort, if having a larger dog, or want to be a bit closer to things.

Ree Raa resort.....cheers ...looks interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Spent a lot of time searching for dog friendly hotels..........and gave up.

Those that do advertise as dog friendly have a 10 kg limit....but don't tell you that in their policy.....you have to call and check.

We now use AirBnB.

If I recall, booking/com have an indictor on each hotel they feature, indicating pet friendly?  Yes,  found it 

https://www.booking.com/pets/country/th.html?keep_landing=1&sid=d14f382d6f3f3c159de1ab8c1e2f50a6&aid=318615;label=Low_CPA_English_EN_TH_21461894665-_*wrNf_0EmJ2E6HXFRdRXgS217276384241:pl:ta:p1:p2:ac:ap:neg:fi:tidsa-55482331735:lp9074396:li:dec:dm;ws=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrKu2BhDkARIsAD7GBoswZkIFNDzvFVNQKK4OovV3ERiXgtcaTbLTV28mgKwIOfRAPAKsnOsaAo4YEALw_wcB

Edited by Doctor Tom

Just now, Doctor Tom said:

If I recall, booking/com have an indictor on each hotel they feature, indicating pet friendly? 

Yes.....but just like Ibis....they say pet friendly....but call and then they'll tell about the restrictions.....it is intensely annoying that Booking.com allow them to do that.

AND ANOTHER THING

Parking......that is a nightmare....'no need to reserve' means first come first served....no spaces? Tough.

Parking is available.....That means there is a multistory less than a mile away.

Parking on site if available.......50 room hotel and four spaces.

1 minute ago, Doctor Tom said:

If I recall, booking/com have an indictor on each hotel they feature, indicating pet friendly? 

Yes, can filter pet friendly & parking, our 2 priorities.   Also state if pet fee or not in the listings in 'house rules'.   Fairly accurate info, and we use for that.  Though usually same or cheaper when wife calls.  Get their ph@ off Gmap.

Some places will take pets, even if listed on booking.com as 'no pets', and wife calls around quite a bit when we are O&A.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Yes.....but just like Ibis....they say pet friendly....but call and then they'll tell about the restrictions.....it is intensely annoying that Booking.com allow them to do that.

AND ANOTHER THING

Parking......that is a nightmare....'no need to reserve' means first come first served....no spaces? Tough.

Parking is available.....That means there is a multistory less than a mile away.

Parking on site if available.......50 room hotel and four spaces.

I can't say that I have ever had any problems with booking.com. not one time, and not in any Country. 

Just now, Doctor Tom said:

I can't say that I have ever had any problems with booking.com. not one time, and not in any Country. 

We used it extensively in the EU and frequently ran into these issues.

4 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Mind you...to be fair .......I've just done a quick count and that covers around 200 hotel bookings in 17 years....so not surprising the odd problem occurs.

We always take our dog with us. One place we went to accepted dogs one year, the next year they refused. As far as I can see, this will be due to: dog barking at night, left alone in a strange place, owners letting their dog out early morning to have a cr*p, the air conditioning guy telling the owners that dogs clog up the air. This can happen any time, so you can't rely on website information.

Unless you're in a remote area, driving around will almost certainly get results, last year we happily paid  ฿200.- for the dog at one place, after four refusals. I don't care, I'll sleep in the car if necessary. 

• Agree 1