Trump Just Pulled Out Of The Debate

RSD1

Just now, tilaceer said:

The debate is scheduled for September 10.
She has nothing to be scared of. It's Trump handlers who want the microphones cut, cos they know Trump cant 
keep his big gob shut, as evidenced in previous debates,

You are living in denial. 3 debates were organised by networks 3 weeks ago.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

The debate is scheduled for September 10.
She has nothing to be scared of. It's Trump handlers who want the microphones cut, cos they know Trump cant 
keep his big gob shut, as evidenced in previous debates,

Funny how the previously agreed to rules are suddenly no good. The Democrats always try to guilt advantages.  I remember how they were crowing about how having the microphone cut was a huge disadvantage for Trump.  

• Agree 1

Just now, tilaceer said:

The topic is :

Trump Just Pulled Out Of The Debate.

The topic title is clearly wrong and bait, because it is Harris that wants to pull out of the September 10 debate.

This straight out of the mouth of the biased lefty media.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/08/26/politics/trump-harris-september-debate/index.html

The Harris campaign, for its part, is requesting that ABC and other networks seeking to host a potential October debate keep microphones on, according to a senior campaign official, marking a change from the June debate when the then-Biden campaign wanted microphones muted except when it was a candidate’s turn to speak.

3 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

The Harris campaign, for its part, is requesting that ABC and other networks seeking to host a potential October debate keep microphones on, according to a senior campaign official, marking a change from the June debate when the then-Biden campaign wanted microphones muted except when it was a candidate’s turn to speak.

In U.S. presidential debates, the microphones are typically live for both candidates throughout the debate, meaning they are not automatically silenced when one candidate is speaking. 

• Agree 1

"Enough with the games. We accepted the ABC debate under the exact same terms as the CNN debate," senior Trump adviser Jason Miller told Politico. "The Harris camp, after having already agreed to the CNN rules, asked for a seated debate, with notes, and opening statements. We said no changes to the agreed upon rules.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c5ylj0qg2rwo

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, stoner said:

why change the rules ?  if i remember correctly it was the democrats that wanted the mic mute rule in the first place. 

The Harris campaign said in a statement to the BBC's US partner CBS News that it wanted both candidates’ microphones to be live throughout the full broadcast.

The Trump campaign reportedly wants the ABC debate, scheduled for 10 September, to be governed by the same rules agreed when Joe Biden was the Democratic candidate. That would mean the microphones being muted.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c5ylj0qg2rwo

In U.S. presidential debates, the microphones are typically live for both candidates throughout the debate, meaning they are not automatically silenced when one candidate is speaking.

10 hours ago, RSD1 said:

Looks like Trump just pulled out of the September 10th debate, the only scheduled debate he had with Harris. Smartest thing Trump could ever do rather than get destroyed in the debate and do even further harm to his ailing campaign. 🐥🐣🐓🐔🐤

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

I watched ABC FAKE NEWS this morning, both lightweight reporter Jonathan Carl’s(K?) ridiculous and biased interview of Tom Cotton (who was fantastic!), and their so-called Panel of Trump Haters, and I ask, why would I do the Debate against Kamala Harris on that network? Will panelist Donna Brazil give the questions to the Marxist Candidate like she did for Crooked Hillary Clinton? Will Kamala’s best friend, who heads up ABC, do likewise. Where is Liddle’ George Slopadopolus hanging out now? Will he be involved. They’ve got a lot of questions to answer!!! Why did Harris turn down Fox, NBC, CBS, and even CNN? Stay tuned!!!

Source:

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/113025866788629314

What a freaking joke of a lying conflagration of misinformed facts. He did not pull out of the debate, he threatened to pull out.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tilaceer said:

Pure speculation.
Nothing in that linked article suggests Harris wants to pull out.

Ignorance and denial are bliss, I see. You mean Harris wants one more debate on ABC in October, in addition to the September 10 one?

4 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Strange that it were the democrats who insisted on the rule of muted microphones, and Trump agreed to it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

"Today in Virginia, President Trump was asked about it, and he said 'It doesn't matter to me. I'd probably rather have them on.' So as far as we're concerned, this debate is over, and we're looking forward to the Sept. 10 debate."

FAKE NEWEWS

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, CallumWK said:

Strange that it were the democrats who insisted on the rule of muted microphones, and Trump agreed to it.

Harris obviously hasn't agreed. 

Edited by RSD1
  • Agree 1