Savannahkhet?

I need a new stamp from across a border close to Chiang Mai. (I plan to leave Thailand in 1-2 months.) I am a US citizen with a normal passport.  Is Savannahkhet a good choice? I'd rather not stay overnight.  

11 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

I need a new stamp from across a border close to Chiang Mai. (I plan to leave Thailand in 1-2 months.) I am a US citizen with a normal passport.  Is Savannahkhet a good choice? I'd rather not stay overnight.  

In Chiang Khong  maybe that was why the green bus didn't have a same day return.  I don't think Lao has that rule yet.  I still have some hopes that I can go somewhere & come home the same day.  (Remember Mai Sai?) Thanks for the feedback!

8 hours ago, cubism001 said:

I don't see the problem to just stay 2 nights in a hotel in Laos and then go back to Thailand. There are hotels less than 1000 bth for a few nights. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

I don't see the problem to just stay 2 nights in a hotel in Laos and then go back to Thailand. There are hotels less than 1000 bth for a few nights. 

So the OP asks if can avoid overnight stay and you chime in with what advice ?.....

"I don't see the problem to stay 2 nights..." 

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

So the OP asks if can avoid overnight stay and you chime in with what advice ?.....

"I don't see the problem to stay 2 nights..." 

Can't I say my opinion? It's this a forum or not? You always want to bite me every time I want to say something 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Can't I say my opinion? It's this a forum or not? You always want to bite me every time I want to say something 

From the OP .....

"I'd rather not stay overnight." 

You personally find no problem to stay 2 nights is irrelevant and off topic. 

Sensible advice to OP would be to consider border with no need to stay 2 nights. 

Nong Khai perhaps. 

Try address the topic in various threads. 

• Sad 1