Motorcycle Accident in Pattaya, Young Man Fatally Run Over by Water Truck

Georgealbert

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If we had to get out of our air-conditioned police box into the humid heat to fine the numerous (often 50%) of riders without a helmet, would we do it ???...

If provided with the vehicles and the means to do it, probably, yes.  The humid heat isn't too much for the millions of other acclimatised people who manage it every day, just as is done in other tropical/humid/hot countries.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I never knew there was that many police in Thailand as I hardly ever saw one before that day - and very few afterwards too. Where do they all go??  

Back to their A/C offices to study their phones.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If provided with the vehicles and the means to do it, probably, yes.  The humid heat isn't too much for the millions of other acclimatised people who manage it every day, just as is done in other tropical/humid/hot countries.

That requires a complete change in the system - not the Police. They have to pay for their own vehicles and guns, and until that is all provided by the Govt then there is no way they will be out there all day spending their own money. I think that many are 'on order' and when there is a requirement (like a Royal Trip) they are called in for duty for that day/s. 

On 8/28/2024 at 8:46 AM, mikebell said:

I've been asking this question for 20 years.  Pattaya police could cut the number of daily road deaths by 50% within a week if only they did some work.

Police dont issue citations because being Thai they drive the same stupid way, and  they see no wrong  in it, an argumentI regularly have with my Thai police Captain Brother in law

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That requires a complete change in the system - not the Police.

I agree, but all it requires is sufficient government funding to the individual police stations.