Pit bull attack in Bangkok market sparks safety concerns

webfact

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Get a stick and whack the dog to send it on it's way.  When the owner returns from work corner him and tell him his dog is biting people and needs to be either put down or locked at home. 

Then see what he says and does .....   

This type of dog doesn't fear a simple stick, a baseball bat might suffice, but don't miss as one swing is probably the only chance you will get.  

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Dakhar said:

This type of dog doesn't fear a simple stick, a baseball bat might suffice, but don't miss as one swing is probably the only chance you will get.  

Gun or knife are the only real options if you are under an out and out attack.

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Get a stick and whack the dog to send it on it's way.  When the owner returns from work corner him and tell him his dog is biting people and needs to be either put down or locked at home. 

Being Thailand the owner will go in the house get his gun and shoot you  even worse than a dog bite its difficult to  do but sometimes walk away   many many Short Fuses here in this land now .

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Mannekenpis said:

While that works with a lot of other dogs, whacking a Pitbull with a stick will probably make him even more aggressive 

a stock prod is what's needed  :

image.png.8031c141f5e0c5d0f47c3f28064b3d63.png

14 minutes ago, Dakhar said:

zap him with this ....  he'll soon run .... 

image.jpeg.d25c3c68c175ef42dbb5be884c5f8aab.jpeg

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

"Get a stick and whack the dog to send it on it's way."

You're a braver or more foolish man than me - it would take more than a whack from a stick to send a pit bull on its way!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This dog needs to be put down immediately, anytime a dog bites more than one person it should be immediately exterminated. If the owner cannot control the dog society should, and this relates to both private pets and soi dogs. 

The guy got bitten at 6.30am.The victim went to find him around 8am bc he went about his business in the meantime. How bad was the bite if you can go about yr biz for another 1 1/2 hrs before getting something done about the "bite"?

7 minutes ago, Letseng said:

The guy got bitten at 6.30am.The victim went to find him around 8am bc he went about his business in the meantime. How bad was the bite if you can go about yr biz for another 1 1/2 hrs before getting something done about the "bite"?

he may have also cleaned the bite up in that 1 1/2 hours as well as buy his groceries,  we don't know what he did ....  The owner wasn't around anyway ...  so he's not just gunna stand there all day for nothing. 

He's not going to say the dog bit him if it didn't bite him is he.   

53 minutes ago, Letseng said:

It barely matters whether it's a minor bite or a major bite, whether the dog hurts you a little bit, or kills you. It doesn't matter, that dog needs to be put down and it needs to be put down quickly.

If not by the government, then by the community. Dogs can be lovely beasts, but only bleeding hearts will insist that they're more important than people. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hardcastle P said:

Don't think a stick will make a pit bull back off ,the more you hit it the more aggressive it will get. 

Pepper spray, and then an aluminum baseball bat would be a far more appropriate tool for dealing with an out of control beast. 

4 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

No such thing as a bad dog breed, just bad owners.

Friend, with 3 young children had an adorable pit bull from birth about 8 years old, was the softest most docile dog you could ever meet, had never said boo to a goose 

one day when taking the dog for a walk (Their house backed onto a huge riverside park), he suddenly , with no warning, attacked another dog.

The attack was so brutal that my friend (a woman), not being able to get him to let go of the other dog, had to run into her house and stab the dog with a pair of scissors to get him to release the other dog.

She immediately took the dog to be put down 

Before then she might of agreed with your statement. she stated  'what if that had been a small child'. 

One thing is for sure, she would never ever agree with your statement now. 

Pit bulls are classified a dangerous breed for a reason.

All dogs here grow up in a pack mentality and people hitting them with sticks. The need to be dominant and inflict fear makes them just as dangerous as any Pitbull, especially in groups.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

zap him with this ....  he'll soon run .... 

image.jpeg.d25c3c68c175ef42dbb5be884c5f8aab.jpeg

And of course, these weapons and other are always ready at hand - not!

2 hours ago, ujayujay said:
2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Idiot ! shoot it.......

Brainless would fit as your nick

Oh how unusual to hear that one, from a member that disagrees with me. Do you think Pit bulls are a lovely dog too ? Anyone that defends these monsters is brainless. 

4 hours ago, n00dle said:

wow, I was hoping to read some trite cliches here today and you have certainly delivered. 

Colour me surprised, I thought you only talked about hookers

got anymore?

I got one.

no such thing as a bad hooker.

I have to say that I've had worst nips off my 3 legged Thai Ridgeback when he wants to play.

However, a Pitbull as with any other dog should not be left to roam free in public places, especially if it has the habit of nipping/biting people. If the IP had responded/retaliated the wrong way, things could have been far worse.

5 hours ago, n00dle said:

wow, I was hoping to read some trite cliches here today and you have certainly delivered. 

Colour me surprised, I thought you only talked about hookers

got anymore?

You can always count on SparkTrader/BigNok/Dolf/MalcolmB for a quick troll comment in each thread.

He just thinks about what will cause the most aggravation and spews it.

6 hours ago, Will B Good said:

but better to allow a child to be mauled to death than someone does or says anything.

You mean you did or said something ?

10 minutes ago, daejung said:

You mean you did or said something ?

Ha.....NO.

I've already been told in no uncertain terms that what happens in our village is none of my business.

The pecking order is........ local drug dealer (works for the police)....village head.....Thais.....soi dogs....me.

18 minutes ago, sangtip2 said:
7 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

No such thing as a bad dog breed, just bad owners.

How about all the dogs out there that have no owner and bite people?

Put them down...      along with posters who make outrageously dumb comments.