School Van Accident in Nakhon Pathom: Multiple Injuries

Georgealbert

IMG_4961.jpeg

Picture from responders.

A school van collided with a tree, on August 29, at approximately 16.30, along the road leading to the aviation route in Moo 8, Kratib Subdistrict, Kamphaeng Saen District, Nakhon Pathom Province. 

At the incident scene it appeared that no other vehicle was involved and several students were injured in the accident, with one person, the front seat passenger trapped and pinned inside the vehicle. The accident is under the jurisdiction of Kratib Police Station.

Rescue and medical teams equipped with cutting tools were dispatched to the scene to assist the injured and release the trapped passenger.

Nine people required hospital treatment and were transported to a number of different hospitals. The injuries ranged from cuts and abrasions, to fractured limbs, with one person suffering a serious head injury and suspected fractured skull.

The cause of the accident is currently under investigation by local authorities.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-08-30

news-footer-2.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

The cause of the accident is currently under investigation by local authorities.

Yeah, it´s going to be a hard nut to crack. Either it will be the car suddenly turning by itself, going of the road hitting the tree. The other choice is that the driver caused the accident.

• Sad 1

These school vehicles are always impeccably maintained so there is no chance it was mechanical error. It must have been a poor road surface that woke the driver up too late to avoid the tree. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, edwinchester said:

"The cause of the accident is currently under investigation by local authorities."

First thing to investigate is the nut on the end of the throttle.

Lead foot or micro sleep.

Once my son started school, one thing I vowed not to do was to place him in the daily school transport (van service) & this is at a top tier international school.

Nevertheless, I don’t trust any driver with my Sons safety, no car seat, no seatbelt enforcement… (theoretically there is but his friends who use the transportation say they don’t use them - then there is the aspect of putting your kid in a car with such a lowly education person (negative judgment I know - but I don’t know who they are). 

Before a school trip at his previous school I asked of the transport arrangements with specific questions about safety / car seat use etc - my questions were forwarded to the transport company (Montri)…

… one of the responses shocked me (about DUI testing)… their answer…

”we test our drivers daily & if they are over the legal limit for driving they will be suspended for the day” 

This response highlighted the true disconnect with genuine safety concerns & appropriate responses..

- get drunk, get the day off !!! 

The school attempted to absolve themselves of the responsibility & ignore this concern - ultimately it was ‘one of’ the reasons we moved to a more professional school.