Is Ubon Ratchathani beautiful city and area?

GypsyT

I've been around Isaan many times but never to that city.

I like green fields, parks, rivers, lakes and mountains. Is there any of that? No need for night life or farang stuff.

Otherwise, weatherspark,com show quite nice weather, not as hot as most places in Isaan.

The border crossing is a big plus too.

Why am I asking? Woman... of course.

• Sad 1

It's the place I intend to go and live when I'm finished with Bangkok.  The area has all the things you want, perhaps excluding mountains, and the city itself is easily livable.  With the airport and also easy access to Pakse a bonus.  Last time was there hired a taxi for the day and did a loop including Pha Taem National Park (excellent) and Sam Phan Bok (Three thousand holes - no, not like Soi 6!) and several nice temples.  Good roads, not busy.  

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to hear. Thank you!

I already checked for hotels and found a GEM; Yuu Hotel and Cafe

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=689719846515717&set=ecnf.100064331246259

- you can see pics w/o logging in, just click X

1000THB a nite. Lots of art. I like this kind of places. I found one in Dalat, Vn and paintings and carvings were awesome... Erotic Art 🙂 

4 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

Good to hear. Thank you!

I already checked for hotels and found a GEM; Yuu Hotel and Cafe

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=689719846515717&set=ecnf.100064331246259

- you can see pics w/o logging in, just click X

1000THB a nite. Lots of art. I like this kind of places. I found one in Dalat, Vn and paintings and carvings were awesome... Erotic Art 🙂 

That's where I stay and it is really nice.  Close to the park for a wander and the nightmarket too.  And a great Izakaya resto/bar immediately opposite. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked it. For a tourist big enough to feel you are in a city but small enough not to lose it's charm. Probably too small to live unless you are happy with your lady. Nice areas on waterfront. Can be really hot. Can recommend the candle festival normally in July. Nice things to see near Pakse.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My friend has rubber tree plantation. She said trees can be up to 40 meters / 131 ft tall and they live up to 50 years old.

Is that profitable business / investment? Google doesn't know...

She lives close to small mountains. She said, when child, they had many small rivers with fish but now all are dried up. Ground water is deeper too.

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

The women from there seem to be a more beautiful, whiter and taller than their shorter and darker Burirum/SiSaket/Surin cousins. 

The best girlfriend I ever had was from Ubon. More than looks, she had a genuinely beautiful heart. And so easy to live with.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

My friend has rubber tree plantation. She said trees can be up to 40 meters / 131 ft tall and they live up to 50 years old.

Is that profitable business / investment? Google doesn't know...

She lives close to small mountains. She said, when child, they had many small rivers with fish but now all are dried up. Ground water is deeper too.

A world wide problem with global warming sadly.

On 8/30/2024 at 3:02 PM, GypsyT said:

I've been around Isaan many times but never to that city.

I like green fields, parks, rivers, lakes and mountains. Is there any of that? No need for night life or farang stuff.

Otherwise, weatherspark,com show quite nice weather, not as hot as most places in Isaan.

The border crossing is a big plus too.

Why am I asking? Woman... of course.

It is not attractive apart from the river. Just the usual mess of a city. Would not want to live there. The northern cities are more interesting.