The Concerns of Transgender Seniors Amidst Changing Laws

Social Media

On 8/31/2024 at 3:33 AM, Social Media said:

Having faced significant struggles throughout her life, from workplace discrimination to the devastating effects of black market injections that scarred her face,

So it buys black market injections that surprise, surprise don't work, and we are supposed to feel sorry for it? That is a self imposed problem, not a "struggle".

• Thumbs Up 1

My only experience of an aging "transgender" was one rather pathetic katoey trying to make a living selling fruit in Pattaya.

It didn't look like "she" had a happy life. If they thought about what will happen 30 years in the future, I wonder how many would have those large implants?

It's hard going against the flow regardless of how one does that, but for most of us that were "different," we didn't voluntarily mutilate our bodies to do so.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I agree. Why is such a tiny minority constantly in the news?

Isn’t it obvious?they are an easy target to bully and whip up strong feelings some (folks) use this easy prey to whip up their base with hatred and division……rather pathetic if you ask me these people are rather harmless and kind of a sad fringe group.

Another case of ignoring huge problems and deflecting to minority issues.

Ageing transgenders? Yes let's focus on that while people can't pay their mortgage and pay their bills due to rampant inflation. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Another case of ignoring huge problems and deflecting to minority issues.

Ageing transgenders? Yes let's focus on that while people can't pay their mortgage and pay their bills due to rampant inflation. 

Nobody is focusing on this issue it’s not in the news at all.

40 minutes ago, Tug said:

Isn’t it obvious?they are an easy target to bully and whip up strong feelings some (folks) use this easy prey to whip up their base with hatred and division……rather pathetic if you ask me these people are rather harmless and kind of a sad fringe group.

So, why is this even news?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Don't understand their problem. If there are so many of them, why don't they just create a town where they can live in together with a set of rules that suits them? They can have general toilets facilities, their own old age care places, "pride parades" everyday of the year. As the common thing for all of the residents will be their membership in the a-z community, they'll know for sure that if anyone rejects them it is for other reasons...

Good idea. Tranny town. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/31/2024 at 4:33 AM, Social Media said:

approximately 171,000 are aged 65 and older. Among them is Rajee Narinesingh, a 56-year-old actress and activist from Florida.

Last time I checked, 56 yo wasn't over 65.  

On 8/31/2024 at 4:33 AM, Social Media said:

With over 1.3 million transgender adults living in the United States,

With an adult population of 258 million, that's 1/2 of 1%.  Making the majority of the noise.

What a puff piece...  Sounds like they have exactly the same concerns that most seniors have.  Finding an affordable place where they'll be able to live the life they choose, along with health care where even the 20% Medicare co-pay can bankrupt you in one health related event.

Nobody's denying them care.  Nobody's dictating where they can live.  My experience with transgenders in the USA (Texas, no less) is that they're as accepted as they allow themselves to be- based on their personality and how they treat the people they live around.  Of course, those who live with a chip on their shoulder, not so popular.  But that's the same with every demographic.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, impulse said:

Last time I checked, 56 yo wasn't over 65.  

To be honest, when I was 56 I've never been over 65, but I do know people who like that. Had a friend that when he was 30 he was regularly over 50 :wink: