Lopburi: 18 Year Old Man Fatally Attacked by Three American Bully Dogs

22 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Staffy dogs are the same they get jealous of babies getting all the attention, I worked on a Cattle station in Oz, my neighbor had one that was an inside dog, when they had a baby, they sensibly chained it up outside, he took the dog out one evening to go Roo shooting, having just injured the Roo, the dog jumped off the ute, and ripped it apart so viciously, it shocked him so much, that when he got home he shot it. 

Your friend was clearly an idiot. A dog that attacks an animal that the owner is also clearly trying to kill is completely different to a dog attacking a member of the family. The dog would have considered himself to be helping the owner. Protecting him. 

Chaining dogs up outside is also stupid. They need to live within a family, especially Staffys (nicknamed the nanny dog due to it's excellent nature with children). 

There were 3 animals present that day, unfortunately the one who survived was the stupidest of the lot. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, khunpin said:

Police and rescue services are the only groups of people who should be allowed to have a dog. 

Kill all the other bastards! 

I guess therapy dogs should be killed?

Edited by JonnyF
  • Sad 1

Many dog lovers come to Thailand for the soi dogs and not the women or cheap food right?, who has the time to keep a dog?, you have to feed it, clean up after it, be mindful that it doesn't run out the gate and bite the postie, pay regi fees, vet bills, all for what? A tail wag 🤣

27 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

This thread is an excellent example why stats for "PitBull" attacks appear high. Mis-identification.

These dogs were American Bullys. Yet everyone on the thread is talking about PitBulls. So much ignorance I really shake my head sometimes.

Look at the snout, the body type, the mouth, the legs. Looks nothing like a "PitBull" (assuming people using that broad term mean American PitBull Terrier) to anyone with a modicum of knowledge about the breed. 

image.png.4e2d784ad8fe910305a6e5d7a894289d.png

When you classify multiple different breeds of dog as a PitBull it's no wonder the stats look high. It's like blaming BMW's for accidents every time a German car crashes. Ignorance. 

Found this on Internet I'm no expert so have to defer to the SPCA

https://ycspca.org/news-events/blog.html/article/2024/01/24/breaking-down-pit-bull-type-dogs#:~:text=A common mistake we hear,and American Pit Bull Terrier.
"A common mistake we hear people make is referring to a specific dog’s breed as “Pit Bull.” What many do not realize is that “Pit Bull” is an umbrella term which refers to three registered breeds of dogs: Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, and American Pit Bull Terrier."

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Polaky said:

Many dog lovers come to Thailand for the soi dogs and not the women or cheap food right?, who has the time to keep a dog?, you have to feed it, clean up after it, be mindful that it doesn't run out the gate and bite the postie, pay regi fees, vet bills, all for what? A tail wag 🤣

Que? Feed tham scraps, just a  form of waste disposal.

They dont clean up after them, control them, register them or take them to vets or groomers If it bites somebody they deny any ownership

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, zepplin said:

It’s knobs like you that should be exterminated instead for post such rubbish! It’s not the dogs, it’s the owners who have no idea how to train them or maybe this guy teased them, it’s unfortunate but there are 1000’s of well behaved and trained lovable dogs out there, whose owners hate knobs like you!!!!

I defend Rottweilers (as my family owned them) and other "dangerous" dog breeds but this one is truly a ticking time bomb, since they were established as a modern breed for the numbers (worldwide there are not that many of them) they are massively overrepresented in fatalities from dog attacks.

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

This thread is an excellent example why stats for "PitBull" attacks appear high. Mis-identification.

These dogs were American Bullys. Yet everyone on the thread is talking about PitBulls. So much ignorance I really shake my head sometimes.

Look at the snout, the body type, the mouth, the legs. Looks nothing like a "PitBull" (assuming people using that broad term mean American PitBull Terrier) to anyone with a modicum of knowledge about the breed. 

image.png.4e2d784ad8fe910305a6e5d7a894289d.png

When you classify multiple different breeds of dog as a PitBull it's no wonder the stats look high. It's like blaming BMW's for accidents every time a German car crashes. Ignorance. 

American Bullys don't go under pitbull attack stats, they are much worse per capita than the catch all phrase used for "pitbulls'

19 minutes ago, J Branche said:

Found this on Internet I'm no expert so have to defer to the SPCA

https://ycspca.org/news-events/blog.html/article/2024/01/24/breaking-down-pit-bull-type-dogs#:~:text=A common mistake we hear,and American Pit Bull Terrier.
"A common mistake we hear people make is referring to a specific dog’s breed as “Pit Bull.” What many do not realize is that “Pit Bull” is an umbrella term which refers to three registered breeds of dogs: Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, and American Pit Bull Terrier."

I wouldn't consider a Staffordshire Bull Terrier or American Stafforshire Terrier to be a Pitbull. To me, the only breed that is a PitBull is an American PitBull Terrier. 

But yes it is a very broad term that different people use differently to cover any number of breeds. So when you are comparing a group of breeds to single breeds the stats are meaningless. It's like lumping all Japanese car brands together and then comparing their crash stats to a BYD Atto 3.   

An American Bully is not a PitBull. People might consider it one, but they are wrong. It's no more PitBull than an English Bulldog. 

image.png

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

I've thought of at least a partial solution to two of Thialand's continual problems, which show up on these forums and which will save Thai and many Farang lives!

How about rounding up all pit bulls and vicious soi dogs and putting them on the balconies of all rooms in Pattaya hotels above the first floor? 

44 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Chaining dogs up outside is also stupid. They need to live within a family, especially Staffys (nicknamed the nanny dog due to it's excellent nature with children).

It became vicious when the baby arrived, so you would have let it stay inside ? A bit more info he had belonged to a biker gang, and had it trained to sit on his bike, and go for anyone that came near it.

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

It became vicious when the baby arrived, so you would have let it stay inside ? A bit more info he had belonged to a biker gang, and had it trained to sit on his bike, and go for anyone that came near it.

Well if  you train a dog to be vicious don't complain when it is vicious.

Clearly another case of an idiot owner. I feel sorry for the dog ending up in the hands of someone like that. Even before he killed it for trying to help him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Your friend was clearly an idiot. A dog that attacks an animal that the owner is also clearly trying to kill is completely different to a dog attacking a member of the family. The dog would have considered himself to be helping the owner. Protecting him. 

There were 3 animals present that day, unfortunately the one who survived was the stupidest of the lot. 

I haven't heard this much tripe since the two Ronnies ...:clap2:

his friend did what most responsible dog owners and family man would do ... 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

his friend did what most responsible dog owners and family man would do ... 

What? Get a staffy, train it to go for people, chain it up outside and then shoot it when it helps him attack a Kangaroo.

I guess your idea of a responsible dog owner is very different to mine. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

What? Get a staffy, train it to go for people, chain it up outside and then shoot it when it helps him attack a Kangaroo.

I guess your idea of a responsible dog owner is very different to mine. 

those dogs should never be allowed near young kids or babies that's for damn sure .... 

We had dogs on the cattle property, and if any were a risk at biting someone they were gone bush the next day .... no time for savage dogs.  

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Polaky said:

I probably wouldn't have one if I was living in a Pattaya shoe box condo chasing bargirls like many expats.

But on the farm my dogs kill vermin (rats, snakes, lizards etc.) as well as discouraging locals from stealing our fruit, tools etc. or turning up horny at 2am after too much Thai Whisky when I am away working in Bangkok. 

Much more trustworthy than a local security guard. 

• Love It 2

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

those dogs should never be allowed near young kids or babies that's for damn sure .... 

We had dogs on the cattle property, and if any were a risk at biting someone they were gone bush the next day .... no time for savage dogs.  

Staffys love children. It's why they are called the Nanny dog.

Of course in the hands of stupid owners any dog can become aggressive but it's not in their nature to be aggressive towards humans. Quite the opposite. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

On 9/1/2024 at 9:47 AM, thesetat2013 said:

They forgot to add that due to Thailands animal laws these dogs will be sent to a shoelter and adopted again in the future. Or they will be left at home with the owner. 

It is not against the law to put a dog down, only a vets belief's that stop them, not the Law. 

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Of course in the hands of stupid owners any dog can become aggressive but it's not in their nature to be aggressive towards humans. Quite the opposite. 

yes ....  they're so loverable ...  not  

image.png.b55a7851ff5f2f803f3b6b5e95f39598.png

image.png.fdeb792d08a644232bf92ec7956b9400.png

14 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I like children, but I couldn't eat a whole one. Buy the way that is a puppy and the child is not a baby. BIG Difference. still you go ahead with your beliefs

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I like children, but I couldn't eat a whole one. Buy the way that is a puppy and the child is not a baby. BIG Difference. still you go ahead with your beliefs

It's not a puppy. Staffy's are not big dogs. 

image.png.cb6392dba468b9f0a5a016fe21a7b4a4.png

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, jvs said:
19 hours ago, grain said:

Fact: dogs are the most dangerous animals on the planet for humans. Dog attacks on humans outnumber all other animal attacks combined. Likewise human deaths from dog attacks, either directly from bites or post attacks from rabies or infections. Global travel insurance claims for dog bites/attacks outnumber all other animal bites/attacks combined. But don't take my word for it, Google the statistics, even first world countries like USA and Australia, the stats are staggering. Furthermore nobody really knows the accurate global figures for dog bites/attacks because the figures are gathered from reports by hospitals, clinics, police reports. In many countries, especially 3rd world, dog attacks are sorted out between the people directly involved and go unreported. This happens all the time in Thailand. Somchai's dog bites Prasert's kid, Somchai gives Praset 2000 Bt to buy some meds for the kid, so there's no report. 

Expand  

No dogs are not the most dangerous animals to people but nice try.

You conveniently omitted a very relevant part of the context his post...

"Dog attacks on humans outnumber all other animal attacks combined"...

but "nice try".  Pathetic try, in fact.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Spock said:

The article is saying 3 American bully dogs will be rehomed when in fact there are only 2. The third was a a Thai dog that was injured trying to help the boy. Yet it's lumped in with the fate of the killer dogs! What's the story?

No, the third was the mother ("Tang") of the two that attacked him and she was trying to protect him, the Thai dog was "Tan"

• Agree 1