Transit between the 2 BKK airports

27 minutes ago, dayo202 said:

Free shuttle bus as long as you have a flight out of DMK.

Takes about 50 minutes between airports 

Make sure you have more than 50 minutes to spare.

With traffic, that ride could be well over an hour.

"There are 8 ways to get from Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) to Don Muang Airport (DMK) by train, bus, subway, taxi, car, or towncar"

......and yet I only see 6 being listed.

They forgot: 

- Walk

- Tuktuk

- Scooter

18 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

"There are 8 ways to get from Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) to Don Muang Airport (DMK) by train, bus, subway, taxi, car, or towncar"

......and yet I only see 6 being listed.

They forgot: 

- Walk

- Tuktuk

- Scooter

Pogo stick.
Skateboard.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Totally agree on taxi. Where flights are concerned most people would rather be at their departure airport sooner rather than later.

OK thanks, at least I know where the taxi stands are at Don Muang

10 minutes ago, maesariang said:

It is question asked for 1st timers. You are on here calling people names when you don't know the first thing about Thailand.

Correction: I don't know a thing about BKK airports. You are just now making up stuff like(on the other topic) you accuse me off. Also you have a girlfriend as well as a mother in law? 

12 minutes ago, maesariang said:

It is question asked for 1st timers. You are on here calling people names when you don't know the first thing about Thailand.

Have to quote you again because a forum is usually used for sharing information, not cutting other people down and trying to be the smart ass in the class.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Correction: I don't know a thing about BKK airports. You are just now making up stuff like(on the other topic) you accuse me off. Also you have a girlfriend as well as a mother in law? 

Catching a taxi is very easy buddy. Not difficult. Good luck.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Have to quote you again because a forum is usually used for sharing information, not cutting other people down and trying to be the smart ass in the class.

Walk to taxi stand, get ticket get in taxi. Is that clear enough for you?

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, 2long said:

Depending on the time of day/year (traffic and rain) consider using the train system.

Train is viable but a bit of  faff, three different trains.

* Red Line from DMK to Bang Sue is seven stops. Then go down to the basement and get the
* Blue line to Petchaburi. Ten stops. Then:
* ARL to BKK. 5 stops. The trains pulls in right in the basement of the airport, so just go upstairs to departures.

All in all probably about an hour. If it is rush hour (or raining as you said) and you don't have a ton of luggage I would do this. Personally I like knowing that the train will always get there, with a taxi or bus you never know what the traffic might do. However if no traffic a taxi would be quicker.

Edited by josephbloggs

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Why didn't you just do websearch to find out the info ?

Because it's usually a good idea to ask people who have done this transit? I'm old and believe people over websites.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

A forum with some real people reacting and giving advice. Other just want to be wise asses.

You abuse others all the time. Taxi is by far the easiest. Trains be cheaper but more hassle. Bus you need to show proof of onward flight plus wait. Grab would require a bigger wait at start. I always use official taxis in bkk airports. Everywhere else i use the cheaper apps. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, maesariang said:

You abuse others all the time. Taxi is by far the easiest. Trains be cheaper but more hassle. Bus you need to show proof of onward flight plus wait. Grab would require a bigger wait at start. I always use official taxis in bkk airports. Everywhere else i use the cheaper apps. 

Abuse others? Nah, I just have no enough patience anymore with folks like you popping up everywhere with their so called "wise ass" remarks. You think you are a pleasant person? Think again.

2 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Abuse others? Nah, I just have no enough patience anymore with folks like you popping up everywhere with their so called "wise ass" remarks. You think you are a pleasant person? Think again.

I am a very nice person. You wouldnt meet a nicer person in your whole life.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, maesariang said:

Such drama over catching a taxi. It is only about 400 baht from airport to airport.

I'm not the one making drama and I do need your advice thank you. Now please go and "love" yourself.