Hunter Biden Felony Fest - the new trial begins:

theblether

5 hours ago, mogandave said:

The idea that Trump is a tax evader is ridiculous.

Really???

Trump’s Company Gets Maximum Punishment for Evading Taxes

The Trump Organization must pay $1.6 million for giving executive off-the-books benefits and pay.

Jan. 13, 2023

Former president Donald J. Trump’s family real estate business was ordered on Friday to pay a $1.6 million criminal penalty for its conviction on felony tax fraud and other charges, a stinging rebuke and the maximum possible punishment.

New York Times

https://archive.ph/sEnOy

AND

Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father

The president has long sold himself as a self-made billionaire, but a Times investigation found that he received at least $413 million in today’s dollars from his father’s real estate empire, much of it through tax dodges in the 1990s.

Oct. 2, 2018

President Trump participated in dubious tax schemes during the 1990s, including instances of outright fraud, that greatly increased the fortune he received from his parents, an investigation by The New York Times has found.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

From Axios' report today:

"President Biden has ruled out pardoning his 54-year-old son."

https://www.axios.com/2024/09/05/hunter-biden-trial-republicans-impeachment

President says he won’t pardon Hunter Biden

He also seemed to indicate he would not commute Hunter Biden’s sentence.

06/13/2024

Trump was convicted last month in his criminal hush money trial in New York and will be sentenced next month. Biden’s words of respect for the legal system stand in stark contrast to Trump’s relentless criticism of it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/06/13/president-says-he-wont-pardon-hunter-biden-00163281

Of course he would say that, as still in the race. then.   Who would not pardon their son ?  :coffee1:

• Like 1

Hunter Biden pleads guilty to federal tax charges and judge accepts his plea

Hunter Biden pleaded guilty to all nine charges in his federal tax case Thursday, and District Judge Mark Scarsi in Los Angeles has accepted his plea.

Sentencing is scheduled for December 16, notably after November’s presidential election. The prosecution did not object to the date, which was proposed by the judge.

The president’s son has now officially pleaded guilty to one count of felony tax evasion, two counts of felony filing fraudulent tax returns, four misdemeanor counts of failing to pay taxes, and two misdemeanor counts of failing to file tax returns.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/09/05/politics/hunter-biden-case/index.html

On 9/3/2024 at 10:59 PM, theblether said:

This, contrary to opinion, is the real reason why Joe was thrown under the bus. There was no way the Democrats could have allowed this trial to dominate the election season. Will it leak over to wider damage? I don't think so - but wow, horrendous optics.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4854748-hunter-biden-tax-trial/

Wow ! I never thought about the biden crime family’s second term & scandalous implications him , young biden & others would of caused that administration!

After whats been uncovered over the years , two tier justice, cover ups involving the doj ( irs whistleblower scandal) , cocaine in the WH, bidens getting millions from shell companies and

hunter laptop treasurers of calamities .

Theres no end in sight, especially if the house wins back the majority!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, theblether said:

Biden family business associates Tony Bobulinski and Jason Galanis testified under oath President Joe Biden actively participated in his family’s corrupt business dealings and acted as the closer for deals with Chinese and Russian entities.

Hunter has already pled guilty to these charges. Now we will have the pleasure of witnesses testifying in court that they PHYSICALLY MET with Joe Biden in connection with these corrupt schemes. 

https://oversight.house.gov/release/hearing-wrap-up-witnesses-expose-joe-bidens-involvement-in-his-familys-corrupt-influence-peddling-schemes/

Which reminds me , the bobulinski hearing in March 2024 was not covered in world news!

i was patiently watching for it but, nothing.

https://oversight.house.gov/release/hearing-wrap-up-witnesses-expose-joe-bidens-involvement-in-his-familys-corrupt-influence-peddling-schemes/

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Wow ! I never thought about the biden crime family’s second term & scandalous implications him , young biden & others would of caused that administration!

After whats been uncovered over the years , two tier justice, cover ups involving the doj ( irs whistleblower scandal) , cocaine in the WH, bidens getting millions from shell companies and

How Republicans overhype the findings of their Hunter Biden probe

August 17, 2023

“The Committee has now identified over $20 million in payments from foreign sources to the Biden family and their business associates.”

— Majority staff of the House Oversight Committee, Third Bank Records memorandum, released Aug. 9

"As for the $20 million in payments, Comer and other Republicans invoke this figure often. A close reading of the memos, however, finds that only about $7 million can be directly attributed to Biden family members, mostly Hunter, while the rest went to “associates,” according to the memos. Yet Comer and other lawmakers misleadingly suggest all of the money went to the Biden family or, as some label it, “the Biden crime family.” No evidence has emerged that any of these funds can be traced to Joe Biden himself." [emphasis added]

https://archive.ph/6uw3V

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/08/17/how-republicans-overhype-findings-their-hunter-biden-probe/

Hunter Biden was and is a private citizen, not an elected official or government employee. He had the right to engage in private business transactions, just as anyone else would.

But of course, he also had the legal obligation to correctly report his income and pay the resulting taxes, for which he is now being held to account.

And unlike Trump in his legal woes and prosecutions, President Biden isn't making unfounded accusations of "lawfare" or disparaging the U.S. legal system or those involved in it.

The difference between the two is stark and telling, another example showing why Trump is unfit and ill-suited to serve as president.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, mogandave said:

Everyone prosecuted for tax evasion is charged with a felony. 

I wonder how many people charged with a misdemeanor bookkeeping charge are convicted of a felony after the statute has run out? 

One

Good catch

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, riclag said:

And it's not like the GOP house would have found nothing during its 2 years long investigation!

Oh wait! 😀 

FD-1023 anyone?

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, riclag said:

Which reminds me , the bobulinski hearing in March 2024 was not covered in world news!

i was patiently watching for it but, nothing.

Lol! Bobulinski was contradicted by other testimonies.

You forgot to mention the other two  key witnesses of the GOP investigation who ultimately were found to be agents for Iran, China and Russia! 😀

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The House Republican committee came up with nothing of substance proven relating to the current president.

Former Biden family business associate recycles unproven allegations to House panels

February 13, 2024

A former Biden family business associate levied critical but unproven allegations against President Joe Biden in a closed-door House interview Tuesday, resurrecting claims he has lobbed since 2020.

Over the past several years, Tony Bobulinski has seemingly shared his story with anyone who would listen, including the Trump campaign. But his loftiest claims — that Joe Biden was deeply involved in his son’s overseas business deals — are still uncorroborated and have been undercut by other key witnesses. [emphasis added]

Bobulinski’s claims also stand in stark contrast to a growing list of other Biden family business associates who have stated that Joe Biden, as a private citizen and as vice president, was never involved in his any of his family’s foreign business dealings. Raskin had raised serious questions about Bobulinski’s credibility ahead of Tuesday’s interview.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/13/politics/tony-bobulinski-impeachment-investigation/index.html

GOP's Biden corruption crusade goes up in smoke

Sept. 5, 2024

The July ticket switch didn't stop House Republicans from releasing a report last month — on the first day of the Democratic National Convention — accusing the president of a conspiracy to "enrich his family" through influence peddling.

• The report doesn't offer direct proof that Joe Biden engaged in any corrupt quid pro quo on behalf of his family, but suggests he abused his power even if his family members only sold the "illusion" of influence. [emphasis added]

The bottom line: It's not just that the GOP's "Biden crime family" attack has lost its salience. Trump himself could be sentenced to prison on Sept. 18 for his New York hush money conviction, which he continues to fight.

https://www.axios.com/2024/09/05/hunter-biden-trial-republicans-impeachment

In the annals of Thaivisa and AN history some posts stand out as staggeringly stupid, so ridiculous they deserve to be framed. This is one of them. 

Hunter Biden has already pled guilty. His trial which will result in sentencing is beginning. The individuals who testified under oath to the Senate are on the witness roster for this trial. There are more witnesses who will testify about Biden family corruption under oath. 

This is not a fever dream from the right-wing. This is a trial taking place in a Deep Blue state. 

This post is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

I just caught up the news that he pled guilty. I was aware that he tried the Alford Plea. 

Anyway, not a chance Joe will leave him festering in jail. If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. 

Vindication again - I said all the summer this trial was the reason why Joe was thrown to the wolves. Under no circumstances could the DNC have several people testifying under oath that Joe was involved in corrupt schemes during the election season. 

No one effs with a Biden? sorry Joe - your laddie cost you the White House, your laddie is going to jail. Who's the d*ckhead now?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, theblether said:

I just caught up the news that he pled guilty. I was aware that he tried the Alford Plea. 

Anyway, not a chance Joe will leave him festering in jail. If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. 

Vindication again - I said all the summer this trial was the reason why Joe was thrown to the wolves. Under no circumstances could the DNC have several people testifying under oath that Joe was involved in corrupt schemes during the election season. 

No one effs with a Biden? sorry Joe - your laddie cost you the White House, your laddie is going to jail. Who's the d*ckhead now?

Expert opinion from Jonathan Turley

professor  of law:

“There was never a serious question of convicting Hunter of these crimes, just a will of the Justice Department to secure them.

Special Counsel David Weiss inexplicably allowed serious felonies to expire, refused to bring obvious crimes as an unregistered foreign agent, and sought to cut an embarrassing sweetheart deal with Hunter to avoid any jail time on a couple of minor crimes.

The deal then collapsed in open court when a judge balked at a provision that would give Hunter sweeping immunity for any crime”.

https://nypost.com/2024/09/05/opinion/hunter-biden-ruined-himself-every-step-of-the-way-now-hes-betting-it-all-on-pardon-from-dad/

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

Expert opinion from Jonathan Turley

professor  of law:

“There was never a serious question of convicting Hunter of these crimes, just a will of the Justice Department to secure them.

Special Counsel David Weiss inexplicably allowed serious felonies to expire, refused to bring obvious crimes as an unregistered foreign agent, and sought to cut an embarrassing sweetheart deal with Hunter to avoid any jail time on a couple of minor crimes.

The deal then collapsed in open court when a judge balked at a provision that would give Hunter sweeping immunity for any crime”.

https://nypost.com/2024/09/05/opinion/hunter-biden-ruined-himself-every-step-of-the-way-now-hes-betting-it-all-on-pardon-from-dad/

I've followed Professor Turley for years, he has been saying for at least a year that he could not understand the legal advice being given to Hunter. Quite frankly, he excoriated his legal team for leaving their client is such jeopardy. It is his opinion that it was greed that undid the best interests of Hunter - his legal team filled their boots with exceptional provisions to the point where a Democrat judge said the deal offered was unacceptable - his defence team actually agreed they had never seen such a "generous" deal and growled "rip it up." 

Turley said they should never have uttered the words "rip it up." They should have negotiated the deal down and removed the egregious clauses. 

Historians will note - 

That horrendous day in court set in motion the end of the Biden Presidency. Instead of a plea deal and the "my son struggled with addiction due to grief" defence he now marched the Biden family up the hill of legal jeopardy - saw a bleak future - and marched straight back down again.

The DNC knew this would be a horror show. That's why they threw Biden under the bus with that debate in July. I'm of the opinion that Trump is going to lose this election unless there is a dramatic change in the next few weeks. 

And historians will note that Trump should never have agreed to debate until after the conventions.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, theblether said:

I've followed Professor Turley for years, he has been saying for at least a year that he could not understand the legal advice being given to Hunter. Quite frankly, he excoriated his legal team for leaving their client is such jeopardy. It is his opinion that it was greed that undid the best interests of Hunter - his legal team filled their boots with exceptional provisions to the point where a Democrat judge said the deal offered was unacceptable - his defence team actually agreed they had never seen such a "generous" deal and growled "rip it up." 

Turley said they should never have uttered the words "rip it up." They should have negotiated the deal down and removed the egregious clauses. 

Historians will note - 

That horrendous day in court set in motion the end of the Biden Presidency. Instead of a plea deal and the "my son struggled with addiction due to grief" defence he now marched the Biden family up the hill of legal jeopardy - saw a bleak future - and marched straight back down again.

The DNC knew this would be a horror show. That's why they threw Biden under the bus with that debate in July. I'm of the opinion that Trump is going to lose this election unless there is a dramatic change in the next few weeks. 

And historians will note that Trump should never have agreed to debate until after the conventions.  

We still have a October surprise imop , but never underestimate the Establishment , imop

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, theblether said:

In the annals of Thaivisa and AN history some posts stand out as staggeringly stupid, so ridiculous they deserve to be framed. This is one of them. 

Hunter Biden has already pled guilty. His trial which will result in sentencing is beginning. The individuals who testified under oath to the Senate are on the witness roster for this trial. There are more witnesses who will testify about Biden family corruption under oath. 

This is not a fever dream from the right-wing. This is a trial taking place in a Deep Blue state. 

This post is ridiculous. 

Ya, so much for your nonsense above. There will be no trial in the wake of Hunter's guilty plea on TAX charges, nothing else. And all your political wet dream stuff above is out the window.

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Ya, so much for your nonsense above. There will be no trial in the wake of Hunter's guilty plea on TAX charges, nothing else. And all your political wet dream stuff above is out the window.

No trial because he pled guilty. 

Just be quiet, you have just lost the final scrap of credibility you had. 

What an utterly stupid post, amazing. 😬

8 minutes ago, theblether said:

No trial because he pled guilty.

Nice that you finally managed to figure out just now above that there will be no trial... long after everyone else had.

I would echo your post above as regards your own prior comments, specifically:

Followed shortly thereafter by:

Oooppsssss.....

Whether the convicted felon wins or loses, I agree that history will show it was a mistake by Trump to do an early debate. But I think that was an accidental error. There is no way that Trump could have known that the debate would have been as incredibly bad as it was for Biden. I think its safe to assume early debates which haven't happened before, won't happen again. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Whether the convicted felon wins or loses, I agree that history will show it was a mistake by Trump to do an early debate. But I think that was an accidental error. There is no way that Trump could have known that the debate would have been as incredibly bad as it was for Biden. I think its safe to assume early debates which haven't happened before, won't happen again. 

Trump likely assumed that CNN was going to cover for Biden. Trump had no way of knowing that the fix was in and the debate result was a foregone conclusion. 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't agree. I've seen video proof that Trump predicted Kamala would replace Joe. 

But as usual Trump's hubris took over. Where he went wrong was the assumption that he would crush Kamala. As things look, he's going to lose to her. 

Outside of a Black Swan event the only way he wins is by her melting down at the debate(s). 

32 minutes ago, riclag said:

We still have a October surprise imop , but never underestimate the Establishment , imop

I have a hunch what the October surprise will be. I'm not brave enough to post it just now. 

6 minutes ago, theblether said:

I don't agree. I've seen video proof that Trump predicted Kamala would replace Joe. 

But as usual Trump's hubris took over. Where he went wrong was the assumption that he would crush Kamala. As things look, he's going to lose to her. 

Outside of a Black Swan event the only way he wins is by her melting down at the debate(s). 

That's garbage if you look at how the Trump campaign was totally unprepared (and still is) to run against Harris instead of Trump. There is ZERO chance Trump would have picked Vance if he really thought he would be running against Harris. Sometimes your lack of elementary level understanding of U.S. politics surprises but I guess you have an excuse as a foreigner.

Harris won't melt down in the debate. That's absurd. Doesn't mean she will strongly "win" it but melting down, nope. 

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, theblether said:

I have a hunch what the October surprise will be. I'm not brave enough to post it just now. 

Cheap tease. Spill the beans or don't say anything. You just don't want to be on record because your theory like most of your U.S. political theories are most likely completely ridiculous.

On 9/4/2024 at 5:26 PM, riclag said:

old biden ,has comparisons to Don Corleoni in the Godfather 1 .

Corrupt !

Imagine if the doj didnt delay and impede the statue of limitations

imop

https://waysandmeans.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Whistleblower-2-Transcript_Redacted.pdf

A typical MAGA reaction, trying to believe that fiction is fact, and that fact is fiction.

The film, "The Godfather" was in fact a motion picture film, though it may have been based on the mafia, it certainly was not based on politics which is what you are believing, but that doesn't matter to you. It is just another smear campaign by a Trump supporter.