Thai Wheelchair Fencer Wins 4th Gold in Thrilling Paralympics Final

Brilliant!!

And a proud haul too for the entire team ...

When you think how neglected facilities are for paraplegics in Thailand, it takes some guts and gumption to get this far.

Edited by BusyB
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Nigeone said:

Really , !!! You are so wrong. All my friends covering all ages are glued to it . Maybe U.K. people have more empathy for these athletes and rightly so. Inspiring and brilliant watching. The competitors stories are humbling . Thailand are actually 18th in the medal table now with 5 golds and 21 total medals. Well done Thailands Paralympic athletes .

They must either also be disabled or lead very boring live's then. It's become a joke now with able bodied competing claiming to have slight mental or medical 'disabilities'

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, proton said:

They must either also be disabled or lead very boring live's then. It's become a joke now with able bodied competing claiming to have slight mental or medical 'disabilities'

You clearly have no idea how it all works . I’ll leave you to your narrow minded bigoted view . 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Nigeone said:

You clearly have no idea how it all works . I’ll leave you to your narrow minded bigoted view . 

It's not bigoted to point out it really has low viewing figures and little public interest, or that the definitions of what is disabled is increasingly being pushed. It's almost at the stage of the depressed being able to compete against the genuinely physically disabled. There is a UK competitor with mild ms running and winning gold medals, ridiculous.

Edited by proton
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, proton said:

It's not bigoted to point out it really has low viewing figures and little public interest, or that the definitions of what is disabled is increasingly being pushed. It's almost at the stage of the depressed being able to compete against the genuinely physically disabled. There is a UK competitor with mild ms running and winning gold medals, ridiculous.

I don’t doubt when you consider the amount of competitors and the multiple grading that from time to time some slip through. In fact 2 athletes have been pulled out after there races one of which won a bronze but had it taken off him. So what about the GB swimmer Alice Tai  with club feet who had her leg amputated  below the knee  due to extreme pain  in 2022 and she got back to completing this Paralympics . She’s won 2 golds , 1 silver and a bronze and possible more to come later. Inspirational as I’d say around 95% or more are . Having struggled with CFS/ME and resulting depression I can tell you that most athletes taking part have multiple issues beyond there most obvious ones. I’ve also luckily coached lots of disadvantaged athletes are you really can’t make light of there achievements . And there’s been full stadiums and venues for most events . Noise has been incredible and loads of brilliant races . Take the blinkers away !