Swedish Man Scammed by Thai Woman, Loses Over 300,000 Baht

16 hours ago, Cameroni said:

Why would they refuse, it was clearly a fraud. In the US, if you promise to marry someone and then don't you can be sued. Even if there is no law like this in Thailand, this was surely a fraud.

Horrible story. 300,000 is a lot of money, probably his life savings.

Interesting. I thought these laws were archaic like "Seduction”

but.. This topic has nothing to do with the US.

In Thailand it is fraud and computer crime.

Good luck to Ahmet Mohammedsson, in getting his monies back

He must be dumber than a ”rutabaga”, what we call em in USA.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/breach_of_promise

Breach of promise, although not actionable in most jurisdictions, is a breach of a promise to marry another; in other words, it is a broken engagement. It is a tort against the breaching party. The principle of breach of promise treats the promise to marry as an enforceable contract which may entitle the non-breaching party to receive damages. However, such an action has been barred in most of the jurisdictions and does not give rise to a valid cause of action.

For example, the California Civil Code § 43.4 provides that “A fraudulent promise to marry or to cohabit after marriage does not give rise to a cause of action for damages.” Similarly, Title 23 of Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes provides that “All causes of action for breach of contract to marry are abolished”. A similar provision abolishing a cause of action arising out of a claim for breach of promise is also provided in § 80-A of Consolidated Laws of New York

rutabaga.webp

Edited by Captain Monday

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did someone photoshop this? Or is it a picture from Russia? Or maybe reality in some parts of the USA? 

San_Francisco_Homeless_Lawsuit_96203.jpg

That’s California.   This is life under Progressive rule. 

• Confused 1

My limited understanding is the Thai Soldier can attempt to take legal action. The foreigner committed zero crimes. He did not even meet this lady. The foreigner would have had to convince the married lady to cheat on her husband and then for her to separate from her husband before any potential crime would have been committed. I believe the foreigner would need to have some knowledge of the lady being married.  Tip, you can take your lady to the Amphur and check if they are still married, it is done before they are remarried.

The foreigner would only be responsible for some amount of money she would have earned for a certain amount of time.  

So if lady earned 20,000 a month and judge says you owe for 3 years. The guy may have to pay 20,000 X 36 = 720,000.

It costs almost nothing to check at the Amphur and if she is resistant to going to check you probably know why.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Ahmet met the woman through a dating app in June and soon believed he had found true love. By late July, she had convinced him to send money for a wedding, claiming they should equally share the expenses. Ahmet sent a whopping 359,000 baht before he travelled to Sukhothai on August 25 to meet her in person.

Class idiot.

I met my wife on Thai friendly dating app. Married now 9 years, 1 child, most suitable person for me I ever met.

Did I send her money before I met her in person - not a flaming chance.

This guy is more Ahnut than Ahmet 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, hunkidori said:

Could Mr Ahmet have accumulated his 300000 through Swedens generous benefits payments?  But yes he was scammed and no doubt the local plod had their cut

More than likely. Denmark did a study on this and I'm sure it's the same everyone. Muslims and other 3rd world immigrants are a fiscal drain on welfare states.

So what's really happening is Sven is hard at work to pay Ahmet to sit at home and get scammed on ThaiFriendly by Lek and Somchai. The circle of life is complete.

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did someone photoshop this? Or is it a picture from Russia? Or maybe reality in some parts of the USA? 

San_Francisco_Homeless_Lawsuit_96203.jpg

And your point is? Take away the  signs and you have a street in any country worldwide.

Edited by fredwiggy

Start online hook up in June, getting married in August, send money in between? Result of thinking with the little head. What makes it complicated is the fact that she gave him her location. Maybe she was planning to leave her husband, he found out, she had a change of mind (or forced). 

27 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

Not guilty.  The Thai woman should be rewarded for taking money from this fool.

Actually a lot of men fall for women because of their looks, and lose their heads, at least temporarily. The women who do this are scum of the earth, and it's not surprising when some disappear or are found beaten or dead somewhere. The more this happens, the more it gets around, the more victims there will be on both sides.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Meanwhile The Soldier and his Thai wife are enjoying their spoils !!!!... 

I stand to be corrected...

Under Thai law a cuckolded husband can take the perp to court for compensation?

Just now, NorthernRyland said:

Maybe you don't know but California is a sick place Look at this latest bill they're trying to pass. Giving tax funded housing subsidies to illegal aliens while their own citizens are dying on the streets.

https://www.kcra.com/article/california-dream-for-all-undocumented-immigrants-bill-advances/61986509

Just like I said to him. You can't generalize about anywhere because what you see is usually only in the big cities and in certain areas. There are poor people by the billions worldwide in every country. Most people are just getting by no matter how many rich there happen to be. All countries have sick places, mainly because of the rich and powerful only caring about themselves and their friends. Money is put towards the military when it's needed in many other places. People look for votes in many crazy ways. As long as they get elected, they'll promise anything and even make laws trying to show they care.

17 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

:partytime2:

His best friend is Turkish Sven. 

Bull<deleted>. There are many immigrants living in Sweden who now have Swedish citizenship. As in many other countries, England, Germany, France, USA...

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Captain Monday said:

I really racked my brain over this. (I only go there for a paycheck)

Why Anybody would voluntarily visit the US with the filth, danger and riduculous prices?

I thought I had my answer when I saw Arab tourists  in San Francisco this July where it it was 20c on a sunny day.

Then realized they could have just gone to Norway or Iceland. 

Actually about 1 million move there and get green cards a year. The tourists far outnumber this. Over 65 million last year alone. The US, again, has everything anyone could want from any country worldwide, and every country has violence, including this one where most of it you'll never hear about unless you research. Thinking your safer here more than back there is wrong thinking. Attacks on innocents happen here daily, and a lot are against foreigners. You only see a fraction of what goes on here.