Chumphon

Never really noticed  a 'fly issue', and been there more than a few times, especially Thung Wua Laen beach, about 15 kms N or town.

Rarely do western food when out & about, or at any restaurants.

image.png.725f85cf16ac2b9cf50306392e25f5dc.png

Like Chumphon, though don't visit & stay there like used to. Think I've been to and seen most that would interest me ... 

image.png.ffe663d7c75d3c3b5fc718d26601abcb.png

Edited by KhunLA

7 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

I've always wanted to visit southern Thaliand, Surat Thani and the  whole area. I hear it's quite nice there and the food is good.

Yes it is, and our preferred place to go.  Surat Thani, Phang-nga, Krabi, NST (& Phuket, but only during the pandemic).   Great scenery and decent food.  Non-touristy areas.

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yes it is, and our preferred place to go.  Surat Thani, Phang-nga, Krabi, NST (& Phuket, but only during the pandemic).   Great scenery and decent food.  Non-touristy areas.

That's what I hear, I really need to go. On the list.

I regularly go to Chumphon to get the western groceries I cannot get locally and usually take the family to KFC or Pizza Company.

There is a farang bar and with some western food and another place called the Glass Cafe and Restaurant, near the train station and Ocean Plaza, but I have near been to them.

Thung Wua Laem beach as previously mentioned has a thriving Expat Community but can be prone to some sand flies on the beach at certain times.

It has the Curry Shack, English/Indian curries, a farang bar and various other restaurants including an Italian one.

For more information try here :

We live in Chumphon | Facebook

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

The deep south was nice when I went through in June. I cycled Samui to Kuala Lumpur and went along the whole coast Donsak to Kuantan Malaysia. From end of April until end of September the monsoon is from west and it doesn't rain much, calm and swimmable sea, nice clean water, food and accommodation is cheap. There is warning for terrorism but I found the locals nice...nicer than the touristy areas like the gulf islands or the Andaman side.

IMG_20240622_123143.jpg

IMG_20240619_113942.jpg

IMG_20240618_110001.jpg

1 hour ago, gearbox said:

The deep south was nice when I went through in June. I cycled Samui to Kuala Lumpur and went along the whole coast Donsak to Kuantan Malaysia. From end of April until end of September the monsoon is from west and it doesn't rain much, calm and swimmable sea, nice clean water, food and accommodation is cheap. There is warning for terrorism but I found the locals nice...nicer than the touristy areas like the gulf islands or the Andaman side.

Very nice ... 👍

We went down to Betong, Yala, late March this year, and a very nice trip.  No issues at all.